Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:10 am 

Objections have gone in, FOI questions have been asked, some other questions have been asked. Just waiting for the responses.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:56 am 

grandad wrote:
Objections have gone in, FOI questions have been asked, some other questions have been asked. Just waiting for the responses.

Oh dear, defo Grandad no-mates.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 am 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

Oh dear, defo Grandad no-mates.

I have never been one to worry about being popular. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:26 pm 

You might want to ask them for the minutes of when they adopted the 1976 act?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:46 am 

mancityfan wrote:
You might want to ask them for the minutes of when they adopted the 1976 act?

I might save that one for the next time. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:59 pm 

Tbh Grandad what they charge for licences in your district is so low that the increase will almost certainly go through, subject to appropriate delaying tactics of course ;), and it will likely be followed by similarly large hikes over the next few years.

In our area we pay more than double although fees have been frozen this year.

Thanks for picking us up on Saturday btw :)

Turnover is vanity; profit is sanity.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:38 pm 

mancityfan wrote:
The council have to keep two copies of accounts? One for the licensing of badges and one for everything else, the questions below should give you all the answers?

a) Please provide a copy of any report submitted by Licensing officers to the Head of Function or any Council body to request authority to implement the most recently revised scale of fees.

b) Please provide a copy of the financial estimates for the operation of the Taxi Licensing function for 2012/13

c) Please provide details of the number of vehicle licenses, driver licenses and operator licenses the Council envisages issuing in the current year.

d) Please provide a copy of the Job description of each member of staff wholly or partly employed in the carrying out of the vehicle, driver and operator licensing function. For staff not wholly employed on such activity please advise the percentage of time charged to the taxi and non-taxi activity in their job descriptions.

e) Please advise details of the staff and management structure in respect of taxi licensing.

f) Please advise details of staff costs charged directly to the licensing account
NB. I only request details of the posts and the aggregated total annual forecast cost including all Employer’s on-costs.

g) Please provide a copy of the Subjective Cost Centre(s) Budget(s) for taxi licensing activity showing the estimated costs and income for 2011/12 against each relevant nominal ledger code. Please also supply a copy of the year to date outturn to the last available accounting period and any forecast outturn for the current financial year.

h) Please provide details of how recovery of corporate overhead and any other indirect or apportioned charges are calculated for the Taxi Licensing Subjective cost centre(s).

i) Please advise, under the Council’s Constitution and scheme of delegation, which
Cabinet member(s) and Officers have responsibility for the determination of the
Council’s policies and practice in respect of any matters relating to its powers
under the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 and The Local Government

I have received a reply regarding e and f above.
For part f the staff costs for the year are stated as £31,670.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:41 pm 

grandad wrote:

Response to objection is:- I acknowlege receipt of your objection, a date will now be set to discuss any objections received. I will inform you of the outcome of that meeting.
So it would seem that the meeting will be held behind closed doors.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:22 pm 

grandad wrote:
grandad wrote:

Response to objection is:- I acknowlege receipt of your objection, a date will now be set to discuss any objections received. I will inform you of the outcome of that meeting.

yeah, keep yer nose out....lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:23 pm 

grandad wrote:
I have received a reply regarding e and f above.
For part f the staff costs for the year are stated as £31,670.

Until you get it all it's hard to dissect.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:25 pm 

grandad wrote:

That is not how it works. [-X

It goes before committee in fully open and transparent meeting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 pm 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

I will be mentioning this on Monday. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:00 pm 
grandad wrote:
Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

I will be mentioning this on Monday. :wink:

If meetings are anything like the ones around here you are only allowed a 3 minute slot and that has to be booked the day before....sometimes better to enlist the support of your Ward Councillor-whose job it is to represent your view at these meetings (Thats why you voted for him?).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:50 pm 

just ask for 25% tariff increase if say no say no to them if they need 25% so do you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:38 am 

mancityfan wrote:
b) Please provide a copy of the financial estimates for the operation of the Taxi Licensing function for 2012/13

f) Please advise details of staff costs charged directly to the licensing account
NB. I only request details of the posts and the aggregated total annual forecast cost including all Employer’s on-costs.

g) Please provide a copy of the Subjective Cost Centre(s) Budget(s) for taxi licensing activity showing the estimated costs and income for 2011/12 against each relevant nominal ledger code. Please also supply a copy of the year to date outturn to the last available accounting period and any forecast outturn for the current financial year.

h) Please provide details of how recovery of corporate overhead and any other indirect or apportioned charges are calculated for the Taxi Licensing Subjective cost centre(s).

The replies to the above question have been received.
For (f) the figure is £31,670.
The replies for b,g and h are basically the same reply.
"Taxi licensing forms part of the wider licensing budget that also covers other forms of licensing responsibilities, such as sale of alcohol and gambling establishments and is not recorded seperatly. Accordingly the budget you have requested do not exist and cannot be provided."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next