Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:39 pm 

I have received an email from our Council today regarding the setting down of a passenger.

"Thank you for your email, this is an ‘on street’ issue and Melton Borough Council are responsible for the enforcement of the ‘off street’ parking areas in the town ie the pay and display car parks.  The Civil Enforcement Officers are employed by Harborough District Council to work on behalf of MBC for the ‘off street’ enforcement and Leicestershire County Council for the ‘on street’ enforcement.  So really you have to contact the Notice Processing Centre at LCC who can advise of the traffic regulations in place in the town."
It would seem that the enforcement people used by our Council and Leicestershire County Council are Employed by Harborough District Council. Is this legal?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:18 pm 

grandad wrote:
I have received an email from our Council today regarding the setting down of a passenger.

"Thank you for your email, this is an ‘on street’ issue and Melton Borough Council are responsible for the enforcement of the ‘off street’ parking areas in the town ie the pay and display car parks.  The Civil Enforcement Officers are employed by Harborough District Council to work on behalf of MBC for the ‘off street’ enforcement and Leicestershire County Council for the ‘on street’ enforcement.  So really you have to contact the Notice Processing Centre at LCC who can advise of the traffic regulations in place in the town."
It would seem that the enforcement people used by our Council and Leicestershire County Council are Employed by Harborough District Council. Is this legal?

Yes, Shepway used to use KCC's contractors. BUT, their uniforms MUST display that they are Parking Enforcement Officers and which council they are working for. This must be shown on their jackets and caps.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:27 pm 

roythebus wrote:
grandad wrote:

Yes, Shepway used to use KCC's contractors. BUT, their uniforms MUST display that they are Parking Enforcement Officers and which council they are working for. This must be shown on their jackets and caps.

Their identification states Harborough District Council, Not Melton or Leicestershire C.C.. Should this be either Melton or Leicestershire C.C. Or both because whilst here they are enforcing for both?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:18 pm 

grandad wrote:

Typical council kop out.

The council set the rules, and the enforcers enforce them. If the council doesn't know the rules how can they tell the enforces what to enforce?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:16 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
our CEO's are a well known and sometimes infamous private firm contracted to lincolnshire CC but their uniforms are clear and they operate to strict legal guidelines.

our problems are usually with the police as the most popular point for passengers to picked up and dropped off is a designated loading zone and we are constantly getting told off by the police because the traffic orders state that it is a goods loading zone not passengers :roll:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:38 am 

edders23 wrote:
our CEO's are a well known and sometimes infamous private firm contracted to lincolnshire CC but their uniforms are clear and they operate to strict legal guidelines.

our problems are usually with the police as the most popular point for passengers to picked up and dropped off is a designated loading zone and we are constantly getting told off by the police because the traffic orders state that it is a goods loading zone not passengers :roll:

I am amazed that the police are even saying anything since parking is no longer something that they do anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:02 pm 

We managed to get the police to ticket a HGV that was parked on a TAXI rank late at night. Parking control and TAXI enforcement are non existent after 5 pm.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:05 pm 

heathcote wrote:
We managed to get the police to ticket a HGV that was parked on a TAXI rank late at night. Parking control and TAXI enforcement are non existent after 5 pm.

our main rank is (it seems) on land owned by the rail company while still being the public highway, not unusual to find coaches parked on it when the trains are off or the big event is on (Bloodstock)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:23 pm 

Giving that the signs on loading bays never specify a size of the load I consider it acceptable to stop at a shop and "load" my cab with the pack of fags I have just brought