Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:07 am 

have been falsely accused of rape by female passenger of her 30s . she has claimed that I have given her a drink and spiked then took her to dark place & raped her which is a total lie .( there was a tracking device showing the itinerary from star to finish and the police had a copy of that) this woman has solicited sex from me Which I refused. shorten it . I went to the police station then been arrested and interviewed , intimate samples taken this was happening after 2 days of the alleged crime.bailed with condition of not exercising /not doing taxi . I informed the council .same suspension with immediate effect. 4 weeks on the police informed me that there is no further action required, regarding the allegation and sent me a letter of cancellation of bail condition. I sent the letter from the police to the council and they said i will be referred to committee hearing .SO I need some advice on this hearing will they revoke my license . I don't have any convictions whether criminal or motoring . This was the frst time ever I had contact with police whatsoever
I would really appreciate your advice or your experience if you have known . Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:03 am 

This must be every taxi drivers worst nightmare. Hopefully the Council committee will see it for what it is and reinstate your license. I can't see why they wouldn't but in the meantime you aren't working. Are the police perusing this woman for wasting police time? If not, why not? She needs locking up. Unfortunately you may not even be able to get any compensation from her for this false allegation because she probably doesn't have anything to take.
Chin up and better luck in the new year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:04 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I would suggest (if you can afford it) engaging a solicitor to accompany you to the hearing that usually gives you an edge but as grandad says clearly this was a false allegation and proven to be by the police so there is no reason for the council to take any other other cause than full reinstatement

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:41 pm 

Thanks guys your insights means a lot. I am currently not working although I am in process of looking now. I don't think the police is pursuing the lady but I got the feeling they are not coz my lawer told me they don't want to be seen to discourage women reporting rape. I have lost lot of incomes & i Instructed my lawer to sue this person but he told me that there won't be legal aid available to me and I have to pay the cost of the case o. The prospect of getting a compensation is nearly zero and i don't have the means . I don't know to do be honest. The licence autority is keep telling to wait& I been waiting for 2 months now . they recently told me that they are waiting a report from the police and they will sending appointment to attend the hearing. Any idea on that thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:56 pm 

Just tell the committee the truth.

Just because the police are not pursuing matters doesn't automatically mean the council must allow your license to continue, but the onus is now on them to say why they shouldn't.

How is your new cctv working? As surely you realise how useful it would have been if you had it at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:11 pm 

Well, I wish I had one at that time , I been tearing myself since then but I am quite new in the trade ( only been since may this year ) knowing now , the cctv is an absolute necessity if you are driving for a living.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:31 pm 

Tax07 wrote:
the cctv is an absolute necessity if you are driving for a living.

Tell your colleagues that when you get back.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:45 pm 

what about vicitim support and compensation schemes? (you being the victim)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:13 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
what about vicitim support and compensation schemes? (you being the victim)

What for an innocent cab driver?

You're having a laugh. :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:32 pm 

Tax07 wrote:
have been falsely accused of rape by female passenger of her 30s . she has claimed that I have given her a drink and spiked then took her to dark place & raped her which is a total lie .( there was a tracking device showing the itinerary from star to finish and the police had a copy of that) this woman has solicited sex from me Which I refused. shorten it . I went to the police station then been arrested and interviewed , intimate samples taken this was happening after 2 days of the alleged crime.bailed with condition of not exercising /not doing taxi . I informed the council .same suspension with immediate effect. 4 weeks on the police informed me that there is no further action required, regarding the allegation and sent me a letter of cancellation of bail condition. I sent the letter from the police to the council and they said i will be referred to committee hearing .SO I need some advice on this hearing will they revoke my license . I don't have any convictions whether criminal or motoring . This was the frst time ever I had contact with police whatsoever
I would really appreciate your advice or your experience if you have known . Thanks

You don't say a lot about the suspension? The council have to send a section 300 notice telling the you that you have 21 days to appeal ? Did they do that?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:58 pm 

Yes, they did give me 3 sheets saying the suspension is according to some (61)article. The letter said that I was allowed to appeal within 21 days but the official in the license autority advice me not to ,because the allegation was serious that I should wait the police till they get the bottom of the matter. So I did not appeal coz the instigation has taken more than one month

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:11 pm 

Wannabeehack
There is no such victim compensation from what I hear.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:36 pm 

Tax07 wrote:
Wannabeehack

There is a surcharge added to ALL convicted peoples fines that goes into the kitty to payout victims of crime. Read and local paper and you will see this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:26 pm 

https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-a ... dship-fund

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:51 pm 

grandad wrote:
Tax07 wrote:
Wannabeehack

There is a surcharge added to ALL convicted peoples fines that goes into the kitty to payout victims of crime. Read and local paper and you will see this.

It goes to victim support charities, not individuals.