Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Picking Behind First Car
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 1:28 pm
Posts: 160
A Question for our Legal Team

I work in a area of Mixed Fleet Hackney,s I.E W.A.V and Cars

Rank etiquette Went out the door many Years Ago Now its a bun fight with Cars picking up behind the first Taxi

I Drive a 8 Seater W.A.V Bus and many Times I see up too 5 cars pick up behind me to be honest I'm not Happy But I accept its customer Choice But I had an Issue Tonight With an Overseas Driver I'm at no 1 the punter walks straight past me to the car behind And the drivers ask were to Mate and they say just round the corner so he send the punter to me IE Cherry Picking I refuse and send him back to the car behind and tell him he cannot Refuse a fare with good reason

What are the legal views on this practise


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 7645
Blackcab Bob wrote:
A Question for our Legal Team

I work in a area of Mixed Fleet Hackney,s I.E W.A.V and Cars

Rank etiquette Went out the door many Years Ago Now its a bun fight with Cars picking up behind the first Taxi

I Drive a 8 Seater W.A.V Bus and many Times I see up too 5 cars pick up behind me to be honest I'm not Happy But I accept its customer Choice But I had an Issue Tonight With an Overseas Driver I'm at no 1 the punter walks straight past me to the car behind And the drivers ask were to Mate and they say just round the corner so he send the punter to me IE Cherry Picking I refuse and send him back to the car behind and tell him he cannot Refuse a fare with good reason

What are the legal views on this practise

IMO..your right..end off.

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:56 pm
Posts: 520
Location: London
Both of you broke the law by refusing the fare.

_________________
There's no excuse for animal abuse. If you ain't vegan you are an animal abuser.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 1:28 pm
Posts: 160
Bart wrote:
Both of you broke the law by refusing the fare.


But The Other Driver Refused it First Because it was only a Short journey


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 38713
Location: 1066 Country
Blackcab Bob wrote:
What are the legal views on this practise

Possibly both in breach of a law seldom enforced.

Or was the driver behind not refusing but referring the punter to the front of the queue?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:56 pm
Posts: 520
Location: London
Blackcab Bob wrote:
Bart wrote:
Both of you broke the law by refusing the fare.


But The Other Driver Refused it First Because it was only a Short journey


Two wrongs don't make a right

_________________
There's no excuse for animal abuse. If you ain't vegan you are an animal abuser.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 9706
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Bart wrote:
Blackcab Bob wrote:
Bart wrote:
Both of you broke the law by refusing the fare.


But The Other Driver Refused it First Because it was only a Short journey


Two wrongs don't make a right


=D> =D>

My record sitting front rank in an 8 seater wav was 19 fares walking past me and getting in the one behind !! but then i was the ONLY wav in town now there are none and I have a car the same as all the others

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 20827
Location: A City near Birmingham
the public has the choice

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:35 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Posts: 837
wannabeeahack wrote:
the public has the choice



TAXI rank rule.

Think you should read the LAWS you work under.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 20827
Location: A City near Birmingham
heathcote wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
the public has the choice



TAXI rank rule.

Think you should read the LAWS you work under.


not LAW at all.......of course if you can post a link ill be corrected

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 20827
Location: A City near Birmingham
the public make the choice, id be damned if id be told who i could travel with...

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 1:19 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
If the rate varies in any case the customer have choice to see below cars.

_________________
Taxi Driver App | Taxi booking solution | Uber Like App Development | Taxi Dispatch Software


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:35 pm
Posts: 1510
davidsmith36 wrote:
If the rate varies in any case the customer have choice to see below cars.
Dictionary words you random pick if able out ? Add car rank taxi Yoda you ?? :badgrin:
Bot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 20827
Location: A City near Birmingham
sasha wrote:
davidsmith36 wrote:
If the rate varies in any case the customer have choice to see below cars.
Dictionary words you random pick if able out ? Add car rank taxi Yoda you ?? :badgrin:
Bot.


Texan.... yo all have a nice day ya hear

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group