Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:10 pm 

I think Ive reached the point where I now need to put the information I have in the hands of legal beagles

I approached a solicitor in PHTM but what I am looking at isn't his forte he passed it on to another firm but unsure if they fully understand the taxi legislation

in summary Ive been chasing my council about the fees it charges and how it arrives at that figure
as their breakdown is vague
they previously charged fees for things that didn't exist they just clumped it into another classification( they have since amended that)

I need to ascertain if what they have been doing is lawful or not plenty of free advice that says not but as yet no proper legal advice

you can see by my other posts what I have been chasing after.

Also have another issue where by they have introduced a new policy that has been pointed out to me breaks statute law on 2 counts
council refusing to move on that and not responding to emails or indeed my formal complaint

so any recommendations for legal beagles TIA

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:12 pm 

Deks wrote:
Also have another issue where by they have introduced a new policy that has been pointed out to me breaks statute law on 2 counts
council refusing to move on that and not responding to emails or indeed my formal complaint

Google licensing lawyers in your area.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:13 pm 

Deks wrote:
I think Ive reached the point where I now need to put the information I have in the hands of legal beagles

I approached a solicitor in PHTM but what I am looking at isn't his forte he passed it on to another firm but unsure if they fully understand the taxi legislation

in summary Ive been chasing my council about the fees it charges and how it arrives at that figure
they previously charged fees for things that didn't exist they just clumped it into another classification( they have since amended that)

I need to ascertain if what they have been doing is lawful or not plenty of free advice that says not but as yet no proper legal advice

Grant Thornton did Manchester and Guildford.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 pm 

Deks wrote:

They ignore YOU because you are an individual as part of a 1.5 million strong Union UNITE things would of course be somewhat different why not try it #-o

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:05 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:

They ignore YOU because you are an individual as part of a 1.5 million strong Union UNITE things would of course be somewhat different why not try it #-o[/quote]

although I haven't personally been involved with unite the drivers around here that have say its a complete waste of time

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:25 pm 

Deks wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:

They ignore YOU because you are an individual as part of a 1.5 million strong Union UNITE things would of course be somewhat different why not try it #-o

although I haven't personally been involved with unite the drivers around here that have say its a complete waste of time[/quote]

Any UNiON will only be as good as its members,many are just card holders who do not attend meetings or vote in elections.

you appear to be having a difficult time my suggestion was designed to assist you not criticize.

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:12 am 

trotskys twin wrote:
Any UNiON will only be as good as its members,many are just card holders who do not attend meetings or vote in elections.

you appear to be having a difficult time my suggestion was designed to assist you not criticize.

I appreciate your help and assistance sorry for sounding so negative
and I fully agree with you on a union is only as good as its members

sadly where i am the trade fights each other rather than standing as one to take on the council

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:19 pm 

Deks wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:

I appreciate your help and assistance sorry for sounding so negative
and I fully agree with you on a union is only as good as its members

sadly where i am the trade fights each other rather than standing as one to take on the council

His member hasnt worked for years

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 am 

trotskys twin wrote:
Deks wrote:

The only folk that really gain from being a union member is the Union leaders who live lavish lifestyles on footballers wages at the Union Peasants expense...that how it's always been and always will be.