BRUM-TAXI wrote:
but their rules don't make sense.

Welcome to the taxi and PH trade.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:51 pm 

Sussex wrote:
BRUM-TAXI wrote:
but their rules don't make sense.

Welcome to the taxi and PH trade.

I know mate. My old man has been in the game a long time, and Ive worked in a base as a youngster, so Im not an alien to it all. Councils just make [edited by admin] up for the sake of it.

Can anybody actually justify a logical reason for displaying 24/7?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:01 pm 

BRUM-TAXI wrote:
I get it is their 'rules'

Not quite, its the law, stated case in fact, benson vs boyce

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:02 pm 

BRUM-TAXI wrote:

because only licensed drivers can drive licensed vehicles

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:16 pm 

captain cab wrote:
BRUM-TAXI wrote:

Yes, obviously I get that, but nobody can drive my mrs vehicle either, but she don't have to display a sticker 24/7.

I just asked a PH Policeman. He said..

Quote:
I am sure reasons have been made for this condition to prevent (or reduce) any unlawful or dishonest actions taking place

Displaying 24/7 creates anxiety. Anybody tried a medical exemption?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:23 pm 

BRUM-TAXI wrote:
captain cab wrote:
BRUM-TAXI wrote:

Yes, obviously I get that, but nobody can drive my mrs vehicle either, but she don't have to display a sticker 24/7.

I just asked a PH Policeman. He said..

Quote:
I am sure reasons have been made for this condition to prevent (or reduce) any unlawful or dishonest actions taking place

Displaying 24/7 creates anxiety. Anybody tried a medical exemption?

Your wife's car probably doesn't have signs on saying PHV or Taxi?

The reason rules are in place are to prevent unlawful actions, probably in part due to previous experience - and if you need a medical expemption then perhaps you aren't able to do the job in the first place.

If it is a local rule, presumably by way of condition, you are able to challenge it - personally my own belief is that once licensed it is always license, until the license is given up.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:11 am 

BRUM-TAXI

Surely anyone who's insured for it can drive it ???

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:18 am 

x-ray wrote:
BRUM-TAXI

Well yes you are right about the mrs car. But my point is the council do not take ownership of your vehicle. You are self employed. You actually pay them for the the right to display the authority stickers on your vehicle. But that should mean ONLY when your are working for that authority, and not when your car is being used for private use. What right have they got to 'own' your vehicle? Look, the rules don't make sense. Just digging around old articles in the Brum Mail, Ive just realised that my uncle who's a Bham City Councillor, well he has actively fought this cause on behalf of the drivers against his own council, with no success of course. I may have to drop him a message. He's up for election for local MP next week in a very taxi driver dense area.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:51 am 

BRUM-TAXI wrote:
x-ray wrote:
BRUM-TAXI

Well yes you are right about the mrs car. But my point is the council do not take ownership of your vehicle. You are self employed. You actually pay them for the the right to display the authority stickers on your vehicle. But that should mean ONLY when your are working for that authority, and not when your car is being used for private use. What right have they got to 'own' your vehicle? Look, the rules don't make sense. Just digging around old articles in the Brum Mail, Ive just realised that my uncle who's a Bham City Councillor, well he has actively fought this cause on behalf of the drivers against his own council, with no success of course. I may have to drop him a message. He's up for election for local MP next week in a very taxi driver dense area.

You won't get any support from the professional taxi driver

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:09 am 

BRUM-TAXI wrote:
my point is the council do not take ownership of your vehicle. You are self employed. You actually pay them for the the right to display the authority stickers on your vehicle. But that should mean ONLY when your are working for that authority, and not when your car is being used for private use. What right have they got to 'own' your vehicle? Look, the rules don't make sense. Just digging around old articles in the Brum Mail, Ive just realised that my uncle who's a Bham City Councillor, well he has actively fought this cause on behalf of the drivers against his own council, with no success of course. I may have to drop him a message. He's up for election for local MP next week in a very taxi driver dense area.

You have to decide for yourself if you want to challenge the ruling through the courts but it will cost a lot of money and you will lose. Failing that you just need to accept that you have to have them on at all times whilst the vehicle is a licensed vehicle. The only other option available to you is as I stated earlier, Just take them off when you want and see if the council prosecute you.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:37 am 

BRUM-TAXI wrote:
Whats the issue having them on magnets? Is it theft, or Abdul letting the mrs drive it?

not much else you can do with a saloon/estate for a rooflight

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:02 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31436&p=370903#p370903

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:59 pm 

MR T wrote:
http://taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31436&p=370903#p370903

How doers having permanent stickers on the door stop this?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:06 pm 

I wont need a rooflight or council door signs after July 21st, nor a meter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:45 am 

BRUM-TAXI wrote:
grandad wrote:
BRUM-TAXI wrote:
Whats the issue having them on magnets? Is it theft, or Abdul letting the mrs drive it?

Look, if you don't want them on your vehicle, just take them off and tell the Council what they can do with them. Then you can see if they will back down or prosecute you.

Of course they won't back down.

Nobody yet has come up with a justifiable reason why you need to display council signage while out with the family, at a private wedding, going to your main job, parking at the airport going on your hols, driving through France etc. Please people, help me make sense other than "Its the rules". The rules don't make sense.

What if someone was to get in your car [edited by admin] up while your children are in the back? This is assuming you have left it unlocked, which is not good practice, but not illegal. The anxiety this can create with everybody starting at you, you can't go to the cinema on a Friday evening with the kids without fear if being harassed.

Another part timer wanting to change everything,going to your main job.
Professional Taxi drivers abide by the rules and in normal circumstances have been consulted on them.It is the fly by night participants,part timers and sharks who come into this trade knowing what rules are in place and then want to change them to their own advantage.