Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:25 pm
Posts: 35
Location: Liverpool, UK. - Sefton PH Badged
My Sefton PH licence expires 28th July , Should I receive a reminder through the post ? If so how far in advance should i expect to receive it ?

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18260
Ring your licensing department and ask them. Don't leave it any longer.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:25 pm
Posts: 35
Location: Liverpool, UK. - Sefton PH Badged
Thanks for the little shuv Grandad :wink: Just gave them a call , they said I "should" receive a reminder 4 weeks before but I'm best calling into the council shop/office anytime after 29th June.
Said I need a new DBS/DVLA check £50, but my medical is ok until 2022, also £71 for a 3 year badge (£1.97 a month)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45698
Location: 1066 Country
aletank wrote:
also £71 for a 3 year badge (£1.97 a month)

Very reasonable.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 1054
Our council (Cheshire west and Chester) say it's a courtesy not a requirement of them if they send us a reminder. Me thinks it's an excuse if they forget or have a system failure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18260
x-ray wrote:
Our council (Cheshire west and Chester) say it's a courtesy not a requirement of them if they send us a reminder. Me thinks it's an excuse if they forget or have a system failure.

Your Council are correct, it is a courtesy and not a requirement. You are also correct, it is an excuse. :mrgreen:

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45698
Location: 1066 Country
x-ray wrote:
Our council (Cheshire west and Chester) say it's a courtesy not a requirement of them if they send us a reminder.

In fact they are correct.

Nothing in any law says council's have a duty to send out renewal application forms.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Posts: 1957
Sussex wrote:
x-ray wrote:
Our council (Cheshire west and Chester) say it's a courtesy not a requirement of them if they send us a reminder.

In fact they are correct.

Nothing in any law says council's have a duty to send out renewal application forms.



The word renewed is only mentioned once in the Acts,this is the reason the onus is on the licencee to ensure a renewal application is in the hands of the Licensing Authority before the expiry date of the current license(vehicle or driver).
If the application to renew goes in after the expiry date it will be treat as a new application.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 8172
It fills me with wonder and despair about the hackney and ph trade which for some reason does not realise that they have now become business men/women and businesses, and as such the buck stops with them. Take the hackney driver, his taxes are his responsibility, his payments for his car and insurance, his driving licence, all his responsibility. Any licencing to do with the council, vehicle or drivers licence, are his responsibility, so renewals must be before the expiry date. Taxiing is a business, it is not something you do for fun. You do it to provide for your family, so you learn the rules and make sure you are one step ahead of them.
. As a Sefton rep we agreed to the issuing of licences to be outsourced to the onestop shop system, which means that no one within the hackney unit issues licences, which makes it more efficient and a lot less confrontational, but before that contract was awarded the trade made certain stipulations as to what we required, and part of that was the requirement that a renewal notice be sent 28 days before expiry. So, instead of moaning all the time, get yourselves representation with your council and treat this job as a business.

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45698
Location: 1066 Country
Had a Sefton Uber licensed PH trying to pick up at a music festival in Shoreham this weekend.

Might struggle to get a job back to base. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:24 pm
Posts: 6714
MR T wrote:
It fills me with wonder and despair about the hackney and ph trade which for some reason does not realise that they have now become business men/women and businesses, and as such the buck stops with them. Take the hackney driver, his taxes are his responsibility, his payments for his car and insurance, his driving licence, all his responsibility. Any licencing to do with the council, vehicle or drivers licence, are his responsibility, so renewals must be before the expiry date. Taxiing is a business, it is not something you do for fun. You do it to provide for your family, so you learn the rules and make sure you are one step ahead of them.
. As a Sefton rep we agreed to the issuing of licences to be outsourced to the onestop shop system, which means that no one within the hackney unit issues licences, which makes it more efficient and a lot less confrontational, but before that contract was awarded the trade made certain stipulations as to what we required, and part of that was the requirement that a renewal notice be sent 28 days before expiry. So, instead of moaning all the time, get yourselves representation with your council and treat this job as a business.



As trev implies join a UNION you burke your in a profession ffs

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 8172
trotskys twin wrote:
MR T wrote:
It fills me with wonder and despair about the hackney and ph trade which for some reason does not realise that they have now become business men/women and businesses, and as such the buck stops with them. Take the hackney driver, his taxes are his responsibility, his payments for his car and insurance, his driving licence, all his responsibility. Any licencing to do with the council, vehicle or drivers licence, are his responsibility, so renewals must be before the expiry date. Taxiing is a business, it is not something you do for fun. You do it to provide for your family, so you learn the rules and make sure you are one step ahead of them.
. As a Sefton rep we agreed to the issuing of licences to be outsourced to the onestop shop system, which means that no one within the hackney unit issues licences, which makes it more efficient and a lot less confrontational, but before that contract was awarded the trade made certain stipulations as to what we required, and part of that was the requirement that a renewal notice be sent 28 days before expiry. So, instead of moaning all the time, get yourselves representation with your council and treat this job as a business.



As trev implies join a UNION you burke your in a profession ffs



I did not imply join a Union....But it's better then nothing.. :D :D

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Posts: 1957
IT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU DO AS FUN.

This is part of the problem,licensing authorities are granting licenses to part timers who in the main do it for fun.
Perhaps it should be part of licensing that you join a trade body.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group