Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Invoice payment terms..
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22132
Location: A City near Birmingham
Can a CUSTOMER decide after 9 years of using you decide they will change payment terms even though none were agreed at the start of the supply of vehicles?

When i did my CPC i was told if no terms are agreed beforehand its the SUPPLIERS terms that take precedence

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43734
Location: 1066 Country
wannabeeahack wrote:
Can a CUSTOMER decide after 9 years of using you decide they will change payment terms even though none were agreed at the start of the supply of vehicles?

When i did my CPC i was told if no terms are agreed beforehand its the SUPPLIERS terms that take precedence

I think you are about right, but a change of terms needs to be agreed by both parties.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 17832
Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
Can a CUSTOMER decide after 9 years of using you decide they will change payment terms even though none were agreed at the start of the supply of vehicles?

When i did my CPC i was told if no terms are agreed beforehand its the SUPPLIERS terms that take precedence

I think you are about right, but a change of terms needs to be agreed by both parties.

It depends on how much you want the work. You can either accept the terms or refuse the terms and lose the job.
Years ago when I worked in engineering most terms were 90 days meaning if you did a job on January 1st you would send the invoice on the 31st and get paid on 30th April. So in effect it could be as much as 120 days. We had it happen a couple of times when company's went tits up owing money for 4 months.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22132
Location: A City near Birmingham
grandad wrote:
Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
Can a CUSTOMER decide after 9 years of using you decide they will change payment terms even though none were agreed at the start of the supply of vehicles?

When i did my CPC i was told if no terms are agreed beforehand its the SUPPLIERS terms that take precedence

I think you are about right, but a change of terms needs to be agreed by both parties.

It depends on how much you want the work. You can either accept the terms or refuse the terms and lose the job.
Years ago when I worked in engineering most terms were 90 days meaning if you did a job on January 1st you would send the invoice on the 31st and get paid on 30th April. So in effect it could be as much as 120 days. We had it happen a couple of times when company's went tits up owing money for 4 months.


I just skimmed by Helmanns (parcels) who went tits up on a xmas eve as vans were out multidropping expecting cheques in for Octobers work at £150/day with Nov/Dec not due for 2 months.... hard enough on the OD/1 van but some had 4 or 5 in there with fuel and drivers already paid

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group