Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: plated for 4 but..
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:30 pm 

dipshit council say 2 little ones count as 1...

Post subject: Re: plated for 4 but..
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:50 pm 

so 4 adults and 4 kids under 2 can go in a car plated for 4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:22 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:

https://www.gov.uk/seat-belts-law

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:24 pm 

MR T wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

https://www.gov.uk/seat-belts-law

Have more persons in the vehicle than the number on the plate and you will not be insured.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:07 pm 

Our councils byelaws state that only persons older than 6 years are classed as passengers !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:22 pm 

sasha wrote:
Our councils byelaws state that only persons older than 6 years are classed as passengers !

Definition of a person is a baby new born ranging (any person)to a pensioner the second before they die they then become a body.
If the license plate which by LAW has the number of persons displayed upon it and you exceed that number of persons in the carriage,you commit a criminal offence.
When applying for insurance you normally have to state the number of persons the vehicle is licensed for,or do you not tell the truth on insurance forms,no insurance company is going to insure you for more passengers than your licensed to carry.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:33 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
dipshit council say 2 little ones count as 1...

Other than thick as pigs s*** civil servants, working for thick as pigs s*** councils, is there anyone who thinks the insurance liability on a child is half of that of an adult? ](*,)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:43 pm 

sasha wrote:

I know the Wirral allowed it 20 yrs ago, it's unbelievable that they haven't changed it by now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:24 pm 

You cannot have a local law that is more restrictive than a national law. Passenger seat mans what it says, a seat for a passenger. One seat, one seat belt, one passenger. Your insurance will not be invalid, but in case of an accident you may be held part-liable for damages. Under EU law every motor vehicle will be covered by third party insurance.

The dipshit council rules are wrong and have been wrong since the seat belt laws were tightened, even though taxi passengers are exempt from using them!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:57 am 

roythebus wrote:
You cannot have a local law that is more restrictive than a national law. Passenger seat mans what it says, a seat for a passenger. One seat, one seat belt, one passenger. Your insurance will not be invalid, but in case of an accident you may be held part-liable for damages. Under EU law every motor vehicle will be covered by third party insurance.

The dipshit council rules are wrong and have been wrong since the seat belt laws were tightened, even though taxi passengers are exempt from using them!

Taxi passengers are exempt from using seatbelts???

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:44 pm 

roythebus wrote:

Think you should read up on the seat belt law as it appears you do not understand it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:59 am 

i cant believe this.... whose in charge?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:12 am 

heathcote wrote:
roythebus wrote:

Think you should read up on the seat belt law as it appears you do not understand it.
I have, and what I said was not quite right. Taxi and PH Drivers are exempt from using seat belts. the taxi/ph driver is not liable if passengers refuse to wear them.

One seatbelt per passenger of any age.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:34 pm 

roythebus wrote:
heathcote wrote:
roythebus wrote:

I have, and what I said was not quite right. Taxi and PH Drivers are exempt from using seat belts. the taxi/ph driver is not liable if passengers refuse to wear them.

One seatbelt per passenger of any age.

You may have missed one of the most important points,an unaccompanied child under the age of 14 years is the drivers responsibility to ensure they wear a seat belt.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:47 pm 

Quote:
You may have missed one of the most important points,an unaccompanied child under the age of 14 years is the drivers responsibility to ensure they wear a seat belt.

Not in a partitions vehicle....WAV.