Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:48 pm 

Interesting judgement relating to an application by an insurance company to bring contempt proceeding to a group of folks dealing with taxi accident claims.

Quite long but as I said above interesting for us anoraks. Basically the judge grants the application for the reasons he outlines in great detail.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2018/94.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:08 am 

Sussex wrote:
Interesting judgement relating to an application by an insurance company to bring contempt proceeding to a group of folks dealing with taxi accident claims.

Quite long but as I said above interesting for us anoraks. Basically the judge grants the application for the reasons he outlines in great detail.

I was involved in a non fault accident in December 2016. Since then, I have received dozens and dozens of calls from ambulance chasers, wanting to forward my claim for personal injury, including one yesterday. My phone identifies the source of the call, so when it shows Liverpool or Luton or wherever, I can virtually guarantee it’s those pesky ambulance chasers. If I’m in the mood I play along with them, usually faking amnesia. They almost always try to persuade me to make a false claim. And this is why premiums are so high. Would it be so hard to shut them down.
And how do they get my phone number?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 am 

jimbo wrote:

I don't think they will neccesarily have YOUR number. A lot of these calls are randomly generated by a computer the first time and after someone answers the first call the computer knows it is a genuine number and then that information is probably sold on to loads of scam people to use.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:42 pm 

jimbo wrote:
Sussex wrote:

I was involved in a non fault accident in December 2016. Since then, I have received dozens and dozens of calls from ambulance chasers, wanting to forward my claim for personal injury, including one yesterday. My phone identifies the source of the call, so when it shows Liverpool or Luton or wherever, I can virtually guarantee it’s those pesky ambulance chasers. If I’m in the mood I play along with them, usually faking amnesia. They almost always try to persuade me to make a false claim. And this is why premiums are so high. Would it be so hard to shut them down.

Your Insurance co sells it to them

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:40 pm 

MR T wrote:
Your Insurance co sells it to them

Quite.

If you have a claim in future never give your mobile number, just your email address.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:52 pm 

I've had emails wanting to take up my claim for injuries in an accident that I never had, and never been in the area it was supposed to have happened in.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:02 pm 

roythebus wrote:
I've had emails wanting to take up my claim for injuries in an accident that I never had, and never been in the area it was supposed to have happened in.

But most of them get spammed out, phone calls are a nightmare.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 pm 

jimbo wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Ditto all of that. Rear ended Dec 16.

Won court claim against Admiral Insurance April 17.

Still getting the calls.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:33 pm 

Bent doctors is the problem..Lot's and Lot's of them.....if not all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:11 pm 

The solicitors for the insurance company and the Barrister involved, (Paul Higgins) represented me a few years ago when a "colleague" decided I was to blame for an accident he caused on the station rank. I won the case and was awarded £7,200 in costs (all went to the solicitor and barrister) I've never said a word to the driver since, I just smile at him every time I see him. He even complained to licencing about me smiling at him, the officer involved asked me "not to smile in his direction" I asked him to put it in writing and haven't heard a thing since. :lol: