Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Watch out Wales
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:30 pm
Posts: 956
Location: The Global Market
I attended the IoL conference in Swindon last week (the only operator in attendance).

During the afternoon there was a speaker from the Welsh Government who presented what will be in a white paper very shortly for the Welsh Assembly to vote on.

He plans to;

Introduce a single tier system.

Set a tariff that covers all licenced vehicles across all of Wales.

Good luck with that one mate.

_________________
A member of the Hire or Reward Industry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watch out Wales
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22134
Location: A City near Birmingham
Tom Thumb wrote:
I attended the IoL conference in Swindon last week (the only operator in attendance).

During the afternoon there was a speaker from the Welsh Government who presented what will be in a white paper very shortly for the Welsh Assembly to vote on.

He plans to;

Introduce a single tier system.

Set a tariff that covers all licenced vehicles across all of Wales.

Good luck with that one mate.


After my time badged/plated by Cyngor Dosbarth Meirionnydd I can say..... Nos da

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watch out Wales
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43766
Location: 1066 Country
Tom Thumb wrote:

Good luck with that one mate.

Indeed.

It was only last week I was reminded of the OFT Taxi Investigation nearly 15 years ago? #-o

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watch out Wales
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43766
Location: 1066 Country
Tom Thumb wrote:
Set a tariff that covers all licenced vehicles across all of Wales.

Would knacker Uber's surges.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watch out Wales
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43766
Location: 1066 Country
Tom Thumb wrote:
(the only operator in attendance).

How many did they invite? Same question for drivers?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watch out Wales
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:30 pm
Posts: 956
Location: The Global Market
Sussex wrote:
Tom Thumb wrote:
(the only operator in attendance).

How many did they invite? Same question for drivers?


I guess you need to be on their mailing list.

If you pay they let you in.

Veezu were meant to be there but didn't turn up.

_________________
A member of the Hire or Reward Industry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watch out Wales
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 10477
Location: Scotland
wannabeeahack wrote:
Tom Thumb wrote:
I attended the IoL conference in Swindon last week (the only operator in attendance).

During the afternoon there was a speaker from the Welsh Government who presented what will be in a white paper very shortly for the Welsh Assembly to vote on.

He plans to;

Introduce a single tier system.

Set a tariff that covers all licenced vehicles across all of Wales.

Good luck with that one mate.


After my time badged/plated by Cyngor Dosbarth Meirionnydd I can say..... Nos da


cau dy geg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watch out Wales
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 13101
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
Tom Thumb wrote:
Set a tariff that covers all licenced vehicles across all of Wales.

Would knacker Uber's surges.


not if the vehicles were licensed in say Wolverhampton :wink:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group