Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: how do I stand?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:16 pm 

heathcote wrote:
skippy41 wrote:
Don't know why councils put dates on plates, ours don't and the plate can be transferred to another vehicle when the time comes

Public protection,if you lose a plate off your vehicle that does not have expiry date or Reg. No. upon it, any Tom,Dick or Harry could attach it to their vehicle.Hi Presto a licensed vehicle in all respects to the unsuspecting public.

As per my post above, badges and plates routinely out of date here because of the application process. Suspect that if you applied for *yearly* licences then plates and badges could easily be out of date 10-20% of the time.

So to that degree no one ever pays that much attention, and while when the council initially changed the plates a few years ago to include the date, drivers were phoning the council about out-of-date plates, but don't think anyone notices now (badges always had the date on them, but not so easy for other drivers to see).

Was thinking a few weeks ago when there was an article about a driver working the ranks with an expired plate (and why other drivers didn't report him) that I can't remember the last time I actually looked at what's on a plate, despite spending most of my working life sitting behind other cabs on the rank.

Post subject: Re: how do I stand?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:13 am 

ours used to run till the end of a month but a new LO seems to have clamped down on that and its 1 year from issue now

i got mine on the 18/12/2018 (for a year) but the insurance didnt start till the 21st so obviously not that hot a LO.....