Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: what happens now?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:36 pm 

grandad wrote:
I had a meeting with senior management and legal on Wednesday and drivers had a similar meeting on Thursday.
Basically the Council held their hands up and said that the whole process had been a shambles from their side and with all the errors that had been in all the reports they had no choice but to stop the whole process because if it had been passed it could have been challenged in court.
One or two other things came to light during my meeting regarding what I can and can't get involved in at the Council. It seems that the last Chief Executive and monitoring officer were wrong to say that I could not talk about taxi licensing at the Council. My input is now welcome and indeed, expected, I just can't be involved in the decision making process, ie I can't attend the committee meeting when they are deciding stuff.
I expect that there may be some radical changes being put forward soon.

Always good when people admit they made mistakes. =D>

Your experience in the trade should have been welcomed by the council, rather than shunned.

Delighted things have changed.

Post subject: Re: what happens now?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:56 pm 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
I had a meeting with senior management and legal on Wednesday and drivers had a similar meeting on Thursday.
Basically the Council held their hands up and said that the whole process had been a shambles from their side and with all the errors that had been in all the reports they had no choice but to stop the whole process because if it had been passed it could have been challenged in court.
One or two other things came to light during my meeting regarding what I can and can't get involved in at the Council. It seems that the last Chief Executive and monitoring officer were wrong to say that I could not talk about taxi licensing at the Council. My input is now welcome and indeed, expected, I just can't be involved in the decision making process, ie I can't attend the committee meeting when they are deciding stuff.
I expect that there may be some radical changes being put forward soon.

Always good when people admit they made mistakes. =D>

Your experience in the trade should have been welcomed by the council, rather than shunned.

Delighted things have changed.

The proposal is to be re submitted asap and before the report is published both I and the drivers group will be able to check the accuracy and then there will be a briefing meeting where I will be invited to take the committee through the proposals and answer any questions they have so that they are all clear in their minds what they will be discussing at the committee meeting.