Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

Encrypted CCTV
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35386
Page 1 of 1

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Encrypted CCTV

Ok, several areas are being required by LA's to fit CCTV but........

I cannot find any tech specs or certification from any accredited technical body for the CCTV nor fitting

Also, this £650 ornament will not be covered by my insurance for loss or theft it seems

can a LA do this when the CCTV is not required by any Act of Parliament?

Author:  Sussex [ Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Encrypted CCTV

wannabeeahack wrote:
Ok, several areas are being required by LA's to fit CCTV but........

I cannot find any tech specs or certification from any accredited technical body for the CCTV nor fitting

The council will decide on a spec that suits them, and any CCTV will have to comply with all Data laws, and anyone fitting it or controlling it will also have to apply with all Data laws. Not sure there is a national standard, and TBH I'm quite pleased there isn't.

wannabeeahack wrote:
Also, this £650 ornament will not be covered by my insurance for loss or theft it seems

If you ask your insurance company to add the CCTV to your policy they will. Many insurance companies now give discount on their premiums if the CCTV system you have is a good one.

Westminster Insurance being one.

wannabeeahack wrote:
can a LA do this when the CCTV is not required by any Act of Parliament?

Yes.

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Encrypted CCTV

the "commission" state audio recording must be OFF by default, and drivers must have an on/off button for the CCTV to comply with personal privacy rules

Author:  Sussex [ Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Encrypted CCTV

wannabeeahack wrote:
the "commission" state audio recording must be OFF by default, and drivers must have an on/off button for the CCTV to comply with personal privacy rules

That's their view, but the guidance does say it's down to the data controller to justify audio if they control/fit a system with 100% audio.

I've had a 100% audio system for the last 10 years.

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Encrypted CCTV

Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
the "commission" state audio recording must be OFF by default, and drivers must have an on/off button for the CCTV to comply with personal privacy rules

That's their view, but the guidance does say it's down to the data controller to justify audio if they control/fit a system with 100% audio.

I've had a 100% audio system for the last 10 years.


what encrypted in cab?

Author:  Sussex [ Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Encrypted CCTV

Quote:
what encrypted in cab?

Yep, and data controlled by the installer.

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Encrypted CCTV

Sussex wrote:
Quote:
what encrypted in cab?

Yep, and data controlled by the installer.


My car is business and pleasure, am i to be recorded on holiday/shopping, taking her indoors to see nana moon?

Author:  Sussex [ Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Encrypted CCTV

Quote:
My car is business and pleasure, am i to be recorded on holiday/shopping, taking her indoors to see nana moon?

Who cares?

I mean those that can view the CCTV, especially if it's encrypted wont give a flying f***.

And should those that are allowed to view your CCTV, view it, they will only be able to download the times that are at issue.

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Encrypted CCTV

Sussex wrote:
Quote:
My car is business and pleasure, am i to be recorded on holiday/shopping, taking her indoors to see nana moon?

Who cares?

I mean those that can view the CCTV, especially if it's encrypted wont give a flying f***.

And should those that are allowed to view your CCTV, view it, they will only be able to download the times that are at issue.


My civil liberties would be encroached ditto my wifes, its a work CCTV not for 24/7 365 days a year

plus the installation costs and vehicle transfer costs are ridiculous

Author:  Sussex [ Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Encrypted CCTV

Quote:
My civil liberties would be encroached ditto my wifes, its a work CCTV not for 24/7 365 days a year

By whom?

No one will ever look at your personal stuff, as it would be an offence to look without good reason.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/