Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

Hants CC to contract out onroad parking enforcement.
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36113
Page 1 of 1

Author:  cabbyman [ Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Hants CC to contract out onroad parking enforcement.

I have received the following message from a colleague. Before I go back and tell him it's based on individual circumstances and every case will be different, does anyone have any other or contrary advice to him please?

Hi dude I need to dig into your knowledge can you remember which act give us the right to drop off and pick up where the customer wants as long as it’s safe to do so reason is the new traffic maid are going to start hitting drivers with tickets if they are dropping off around Mcdonalds and museum and picking up we know we can’t wait.any ideas again sorry to disturb

Author:  Sussex [ Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hants CC to contract out onroad parking enforcement.

cabbyman wrote:
[i]Hi dude I need to dig into your knowledge can you remember which act give us the right to drop off and pick up where the customer wants as long as it’s safe to do

I think the case you refer to is the Makda judgement.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15938

Author:  cabbyman [ Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hants CC to contract out onroad parking enforcement.

Thanks Sussex.

By the way, we were over your way at Tates a couple of times this week. SWMBO has bought a Hybrid Hyundai Ioniq.

Author:  grandad [ Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hants CC to contract out onroad parking enforcement.

Sussex wrote:
cabbyman wrote:
[i]Hi dude I need to dig into your knowledge can you remember which act give us the right to drop off and pick up where the customer wants as long as it’s safe to do

I think the case you refer to is the Makda judgement.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15938

We have had an email from Leicester City Council stating that they have introduced some red routes with double red lines and that taxis and private hire can no longer stop on these routes. Do you think i should send them a copy of this judgement?

Author:  mancityfan [ Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hants CC to contract out onroad parking enforcement.

grandad wrote:
Sussex wrote:
cabbyman wrote:
[i]Hi dude I need to dig into your knowledge can you remember which act give us the right to drop off and pick up where the customer wants as long as it’s safe to do

I think the case you refer to is the Makda judgement.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15938

We have had an email from Leicester City Council stating that they have introduced some red routes with double red lines and that taxis and private hire can no longer stop on these routes. Do you think i should send them a copy of this judgement?


Licenced hackney carriages can stop on a double red line to pick up or set down passengers ‘without delay’ but cannot stop in any bus stop marked with a broad solid red line such as that outside the railway station. The council spokesman said: ”The planned designation of part of London Road as a red route will complete safety provision.


“This will be marked with double red lines, helping to reinforce the restrictions outside the railway station as well as giving further priority to buses along this busy route.

“We aim to have the order in place on an experimental basis by early summer.”

Author:  edders23 [ Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hants CC to contract out onroad parking enforcement.

great so the tiny drop off area within the portico is going to be even more crowded :sad:

I am glad we hardly get any to Leicester railway station

Author:  Sussex [ Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hants CC to contract out onroad parking enforcement.

Quote:
We have had an email from Leicester City Council stating that they have introduced some red routes with double red lines and that taxis and private hire can no longer stop on these routes. Do you think i should send them a copy of this judgement?

Oh yes.

Author:  Sussex [ Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hants CC to contract out onroad parking enforcement.

cabbyman wrote:
I have received the following message from a colleague. Before I go back and tell him it's based on individual circumstances and every case will be different, does anyone have any other or contrary advice to him please?

Hi dude I need to dig into your knowledge can you remember which act give us the right to drop off and pick up where the customer wants as long as it’s safe to do so reason is the new traffic maid are going to start hitting drivers with tickets if they are dropping off around Mcdonalds and museum and picking up we know we can’t wait.any ideas again sorry to disturb

I would also request a meeting with the council, including the person who is managing the council's side, as it best to deal with issues before the contract starts, rather than afterwards when drivers have piles of tickets they need to appeal.

Author:  Sussex [ Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hants CC to contract out onroad parking enforcement.

Quote:
Licenced hackney carriages can stop on a double red line to pick up or set down passengers ‘without delay’ but cannot stop in any bus stop marked with a broad solid red line such as that outside the railway station.

It's worth pointing out that the vehicle used in the Makda judgement was a London licensed PH.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/