Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Job share
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 23149
Location: A City near Birmingham
South Staffordshire Council is considering handing over taxi licensing functions to a neighbouring authority in a move that is claimed could cut costs and improve public safety.

Stourbridge News reports that councillors and officers from the district authority have met with City of Wolverhampton Council to discuss the transfer, a report has revealed.

If the delegation of hackney carriage and private hire vehicle licensing to the city council is approved it could be for an initial period of three years.

Members of South Staffordshire Council’s Regulatory and Licensing Committee were due to discuss the proposals at a meeting on Thursday September 16.

They went into a private session before considering the move, but the report was available for public view ahead of the meeting.

It said the benefits of delegating taxi licensing functions to City of Wolverhampton Council include greater choice for the trade in terms of garages, medical practitioners and online applications, as well as boosting public safety through tighter standards and improved enforcement activity. The move could also reduce licensing costs for the trade and council costs, the report added.

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Job share
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 23149
Location: A City near Birmingham
Improving safety by letting Wolverhampton do the licensing

Bit like ice skating in heated skates

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Job share
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18912
wannabeeahack wrote:
Improving safety by letting Wolverhampton do the licensing

Bit like ice skating in heated skates

You do know that it is the friction between the blade and the ice that causes the ice to melt below the blade thus making the blade slide, or is another school day for you.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Job share
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 48767
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
They went into a private session before considering the move, but the report was available for public view ahead of the meeting.

Why did they go private? :-k

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Job share
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18912
Sussex wrote:
Quote:
They went into a private session before considering the move, but the report was available for public view ahead of the meeting.

Why did they go private? :-k

I would think that there may have been some commercially sensitive details that were not in the public document that were going to be discussed.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Job share
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 48767
Location: 1066 Country
grandad wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Quote:
They went into a private session before considering the move, but the report was available for public view ahead of the meeting.

Why did they go private? :-k

I would think that there may have been some commercially sensitive details that were not in the public document that were going to be discussed.

I'm intrigued as to what info is private in respect of the licensing function.

The budget isn't private, individual wages maybe, but the total budget should be open and transparent.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Job share
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8874
grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
Improving safety by letting Wolverhampton do the licensing

Bit like ice skating in heated skates

You do know that it is the friction between the blade and the ice that causes the ice to melt below the blade thus making the blade slide, or is another school day for you.


Maybe, but there will come a Point where the Ice melts faster than it's ability to support both the Skates and the guy skating on thin ice that's wearing them....then it all comes crashing down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Job share
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 23149
Location: A City near Birmingham
grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
Improving safety by letting Wolverhampton do the licensing

Bit like ice skating in heated skates

You do know that it is the friction between the blade and the ice that causes the ice to melt below the blade thus making the blade slide, or is another school day for you.


some melt yes, not to go through the ice maybe..

over to you professor

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group