Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 2:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 50189
Location: 1066 Country
Article c/o TaxiPoint website.

https://www.taxi-point.co.uk/post/shock ... ertificate

You couldn't f******* make it up. #-o

Image

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:57 am
Posts: 63
What a joke.

Is it any wonder drivers are leaving the industry in their droves?

Putting up with this farcical bureaucracy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 19169
I suppose it depends on what font should have been used and what font was used? The font used could have been one that made the text difficult to read.

_________________
Grandad,
To support my charity text MAYORWALK to 70085 to donate £5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 50189
Location: 1066 Country
grandad wrote:
I suppose it depends on what font should have been used and what font was used? The font used could have been one that made the text difficult to read.

But as all insurance is now stored on the Motor Insurance Database you have to wonder what's the point of insurance certificates in the first place.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 10068
Would Be Interesting To See The Font In Question.

But I Wouldn't Trust Anyone Who Writes Like That With Anything To Do With Fonts And That Kind Of Stuff :lol: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 19169
Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
I suppose it depends on what font should have been used and what font was used? The font used could have been one that made the text difficult to read.

But as all insurance is now stored on the Motor Insurance Database you have to wonder what's the point of insurance certificates in the first place.

When we renew our fleet policy I send a copy of the email to the Council so they can confirm that I have actually renewed. Then they still want me to print off and send them a copy of each vehicle certificate when I renew the plate as well.

_________________
Grandad,
To support my charity text MAYORWALK to 70085 to donate £5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:16 pm
Posts: 225
Location: glasgow
grandad wrote:
Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
I suppose it depends on what font should have been used and what font was used? The font used could have been one that made the text difficult to read.

But as all insurance is now stored on the Motor Insurance Database you have to wonder what's the point of insurance certificates in the first place.

When we renew our fleet policy I send a copy of the email to the Council so they can confirm that I have actually renewed. Then they still want me to print off and send them a copy of each vehicle certificate when I renew the plate as well.


youd better check which fonts are acceptable to your council just in case

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

_________________
i started out with nothing and ive still got most of it left


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group