Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:49 pm 

Many councils have booking fees, including quite significant booking fees in London.

But does any council have an app booking fee on their tariff?

Difficulties are that app fees will be different depending on the specific fare.

But many councils allow tolls to be charged via the tariff sheet, and those tolls can be different, once again based on the specific job.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:56 am 

Not really sure I see any difference between app bookings and more traditional methods, to be honest. If there's a pre-booking fee then can't really see the relevance of the precise method of booking. The fee might vary, but I don't necessarily see why that would depend on whether it was app or phone booking.

Indeed, that's all consistent with the likes of an ABC Cars offering phone and app bookings - it wouldn't seem too rational if a driver rolling up for an app booking or a phone booking was charging different fares for each method.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:17 pm 

I think the issue is that different firms will have different app booking fees, and maybe have different fees for different times of the day.

But personally I would be in favour of it.

It would be easier to operate via the app system, where the fare estimate could be shown before the customer books, it wouldn't be so easy under a phone booking.

I think hackney drivers need to be able to take advantage of the new way of working, and earn better money when demand is at its highest.

Moan all we can about Uber, and I'm head moaner, but they have changed the way PH demand is met and priced.

We just need a council to be the first to bring their tariff in line with today's market.