Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:54 pm 

bloodnock wrote:

At what point do I inform our insurer...Now, or after the police create a final report for both the Insurers or when it comes up for renewal?

I would do it now.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:49 pm 

The best bit of advice I’ve been given (reference insurance) was to inform my insurers of a minor non-fault accident I had. The other party told me at the time they wouldn’t pursue a claim, even though they hit me! A friend of mine advised me to call my insurers and tell them it was for ‘information only’. Six months later the other party issued me with a county court summons claiming £3,500 neck and back injuries and £2,000 vehicle damage! My insurance successfully defended it all the way to court and the other party ended up paying costs of £7,200. I would now always inform my insurers of ANY accidents/incidents even if it was a different company or policy.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:37 am 

x-ray wrote:
The best bit of advice I’ve been given (reference insurance) was to inform my insurers of a minor non-fault accident I had. The other party told me at the time they wouldn’t pursue a claim, even though they hit me! A friend of mine advised me to call my insurers and tell them it was for ‘information only’. Six months later the other party issued me with a county court summons claiming £3,500 neck and back injuries and £2,000 vehicle damage! My insurance successfully defended it all the way to court and the other party ended up paying costs of £7,200. I would now always inform my insurers of ANY accidents/incidents even if it was a different company or policy.

fortunately my wifes employer has already informed his insurers and it looks like a coutersy car is to be made avialable, but your advice is sound advice as the perpetrator can easily spin things around if you give them half a chance.