Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:05 pm 

I have, and am privy too, many experiences of poor performance, incompetence, total mis management and other failings of our Licensing Authority, but who do you turn to when the joke isn't funny anymore? Who will actively do something about them?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:08 pm 

Write an email.

Address it to:

1 All your own Ward Councillors. (you probably have 3 - email addresses from LA Website.)

2 Leader of The Council. (Email address from LA Website.)

3 Leader of the Council Opposition. (Email address from LA Website.)

4 Manager of Licensing. (this is to prove you aren't going behind their back.)

Do not hide addressees, state all your areas of dissatisfaction, include remedies (e.g. if it takes too long, more Staff, if nobody answers the phone, louder ringing bells etc.) In one area it turned out the ringer was off, so unless someone was sat at the phone and saw a Light on the Phone, nobody answered - ever. Ringer permanently on, problem solved.

Include in the email an outline of complaints you have made to Licensing and that any follow up emails from you may be copied to the Local Press.

Request a "Read Receipt" in your email browser.

Good luck, normally the Ward Councillors can achieve something on things like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:37 pm 

Sudbury wrote:
I have, and am privy too, many experiences of poor performance, incompetence, total mis management and other failings of our Licensing Authority, but who do you turn to when the joke isn't funny anymore? Who will actively do something about them?

You need to get together with some mates and start up an association of sorts, and then lobby councillors with your concerns.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:16 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Sudbury wrote:

You need to get together with some mates and start up an association of sorts, and then lobby councillors with your concerns.

Waste of time councillors do as there told to by licensing in my vast experience, but there maybe one who will stick up for the trade but he won’t get very far.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:18 pm 

Sudbury wrote:

You don’t say what is wrong but only by challenging them in the courts will you stop them and sometimes the ombudsman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:32 pm 

I would submit a question to be asked at the next full council meeting. You can go along personally to ask the question. You should have 3 minutes to outline the reason and ask the question. You may need to give 2 weeks notice for this. After you ask the question you will get a reply from the relevent portfolio holder after this you will be allowed a suplementary question which must be to do with the answer you got to your first question. you should have 1.5 minutes to ask the supplimentary question.
Obviously your first question should be the leading question to which you already know the answer but that leaves the way clear to then ask the awkward question that they realy don't want you to ask. Don't expect an immediate answer but they must answer in writing within 2 weeks.
I did this a few years ago with a great outcome.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:23 pm 

Sudbury wrote:
I have, and am privy too, many experiences of poor performance, incompetence, total mis management and other failings of our Licensing Authority, but who do you turn to when the joke isn't funny anymore?

Wolverhampton lol

1 year badge £39

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:06 am 

So what would the question be? Maybe it would be addressed to the chair of licensing of why they are all allowing Uninsured vehicles to operate as private hire. And taxi, and when they say they are not You say oh, but you are, and then state your case. If I was to do that here, I would need to get a petition of 30 people who live in this area to allow me to speak