Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:02 am 

I shouldn't say this but I really cant hold it in any longer.

I'm sorry for the English and welsh contingent who frequent this forum but this post concerns Edinburgh yet again.

For those who don't know, a gentleman named Alan G who apparently runs, or used to run a forum called fastblacks, wrote a post on that forum in respect of Jacob's consulting. He offered the opinion that figures can be made out to be what anyone wants them to be. His post was basically about my demolition of the Jacob's survey and the inaccurate figures they presented in that survey.

Mr Alan G and many of his staunch followers voiced their opinion that the City of Edinburgh council would wipe the floor with those who had dared to apply for hackney carriage licenses in that fair city. I responded to Mr Alan G with the statement that the City of Edinburgh Council would not win any more license applications from that day on.

Naturally I was proven correct. The reason I made that statement was because I was extremely confident of my ability to convince the courts that the law should be applied as per the statutory requirements as laid down in the act of 1982. The rest is now history and the court of appeal has set the precedent as I said it would.

What all this is alluding to is the fact that there is another case upon us that is more important than all those previous appeals put to together. This particular case has far reaching consequences for those councils in Scotland who practice quantity controls. It is patently obvious that those of you who hold hackney carriage licenses in restricted areas are oblivious to what this case means to every licensing area in Scotland?

When this particular appeal is won and I am in no doubt whatsoever that it will be won, then from that day on restrictions in scotland will be a thing of the past. You can thank Edinburgh Council for that scenario and if you don't know why then you can ask your local Taxi association or perhaps Mr Alan G?

Regards

JD