Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:02 am
Posts: 5
stellafella wrote:
Im guessing it would be close to Autocabs price. They charge £1000 set up and £2 per car per week.
We recently were quoted £3.00 per driver per week(NOT PER CAR) and that was enough to put the lads off that only work now and again, or weekends only and of course the seasonal drivers. One lad has his car shared with 4 drivers so that it is on 24/7 so he would have paid £12 per week (yeh, he can afford it), but another owner driver only works a Sunday with a day driver and a night driver, so for him £6 per week seems a lot. There are about 12 company cars and buses that I think have at least 3 or 4 drivers per car, that would seem a big pullout every week for the gaffer. The boss of course asked all the owners if they were willing to cough up the extra, the excuses came flying back ranging from 'so why we experiment with a new system, you want extra money from us to pay for it' and 'will I get more work'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:15 am
Posts: 132
Location: Colon
thedispatcher wrote:
stellafella wrote:
Im guessing it would be close to Autocabs price. They charge £1000 set up and £2 per car per week.
We recently were quoted £3.00 per driver per week(NOT PER CAR) and that was enough to put the lads off that only work now and again, or weekends only and of course the seasonal drivers. One lad has his car shared with 4 drivers so that it is on 24/7 so he would have paid £12 per week (yeh, he can afford it), but another owner driver only works a Sunday with a day driver and a night driver, so for him £6 per week seems a lot. There are about 12 company cars and buses that I think have at least 3 or 4 drivers per car, that would seem a big pullout every week for the gaffer. The boss of course asked all the owners if they were willing to cough up the extra, the excuses came flying back ranging from 'so why we experiment with a new system, you want extra money from us to pay for it' and 'will I get more work'


£3.00 per driver?

_________________
LiLo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:36 pm
Posts: 1
We use Datamaster, and have recently had demos from both Autocab (far too complicated and time consuming tonise) £2000 setup and £2.50 to £3.50 per car depending on features.


Icabbi,
We were quite blown away by iCabbi, some amazing features in, but to get the full benefit you really need to take there phone system.

But, after a long discussion with Matt and the guys at Datamaster (and a whine at Bill) within 2 weeks we had 75% of the Icabbi best features installed in Easybook, with all bar one of the others on the development list.

Datamaster may be a smaller company, but they respond quickly to customer requests/demands, and aren't in to buy another top of the range Mercedes every few months.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 10303
Location: Scotland
stxagg wrote:
We use Datamaster, and have recently had demos from both Autocab (far too complicated and time consuming tonise) £2000 setup and £2.50 to £3.50 per car depending on features.


Icabbi,
We were quite blown away by iCabbi, some amazing features in, but to get the full benefit you really need to take there phone system.

But, after a long discussion with Matt and the guys at Datamaster (and a whine at Bill) within 2 weeks we had 75% of the Icabbi best features installed in Easybook, with all bar one of the others on the development list.

Datamaster may be a smaller company, but they respond quickly to customer requests/demands,
Quote:
and aren't in to buy another top of the range Mercedes every few months.[/
quote]

Nah, Bills a Skoda man

_________________
Always discount to get more fares


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 422
Location: Warrington Cheshire
Don't be silly Skippy, can't pull the birds in a Skoda!
My cars are both Italian each with four exhaust pipes. :roll:
That said, the only bird it's ever attracted was a wood pigeon on the M62 :mrgreen:

Stxagg. Just worked out who you are but don't worry your secrets safe provided you tell me what the Icabbi phone system does that your's doesn't ???

Off north of the border now for the rest of the week so enjoy the rain while I top up my tan!

Bill :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 38922
Location: 1066 Country
bill_datamaster wrote:
Off north of the border now for the rest of the week

You poor thing.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 2945
Location: Plymouth
bill_datamaster wrote:
Off north of the border now for the rest of the week so enjoy the rain while I top up my tan!

Bill :)

Are you taking a sunlamp?

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 10303
Location: Scotland
Chris the Fish wrote:
bill_datamaster wrote:
Off north of the border now for the rest of the week so enjoy the rain while I top up my tan!

Bill :)

Are you taking a sunlamp?


I will swap my brolly for it

_________________
Always discount to get more fares


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 10:46 am
Posts: 18
My company is going from Mercury 1 to Icabbi in the immediate future.
Its worth opening a bottle of champagne to celebrate no longer having to use the worst system I have ever used before and I have used many including Cordic, Auriga, and Shamrock just to name a few.
Icabbi looks very good but I have not seen it working. I hope it lives up to the hype.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9104
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
lookingforthebest wrote:
My company is going from Mercury 1 to Icabbi in the immediate future.
Its worth opening a bottle of champagne to celebrate no longer having to use the worst system I have ever used before and I have used many including Cordic, Auriga, and Shamrock just to name a few.
Icabbi looks very good but I have not seen it working. I hope it lives up to the hype.


Icabbi have gotten into bed with Exel who own Mercury.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 10:46 am
Posts: 18
Icabbi are using mercurys sales team to promote it in England.
It's a win win situation for both.
Mercury now have a system fit for purpose to sell and Icabbi have a ready made sales team for England.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 16752
lookingforthebest wrote:
Icabbi are using mercurys sales team to promote it in England.
It's a win win situation for both.
Mercury now have a system fit for purpose to sell and Icabbi have a ready made sales team for England.

Until the mercury side of things start to change the icabbi settings.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 7692
lookingforthebest wrote:
Icabbi are using mercurys sales team to promote it in England.
It's a win win situation for both.
Mercury now have a system fit for purpose to sell and Icabbi have a ready made sales team for England.
Salesman.

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 10:46 am
Posts: 18
If you think I am a salesman then my doubt about Icabbi is that the sales team is the same as Mercury.
Having used mercury 1 and then gone to a presentation about Mercury 2 which not only was I unimpressed with, but stunned at how little the salesman knew about his product.
And on reading Nidge's warning here about the company I became a bigger sceptic regarding the company.
That said, my company has signed the forms for Icabbi so in the next couple of months it will be what I will be using.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 10:46 am
Posts: 18
Having been using this system for many months now it is just another one with some good features and many more bad ones.
Better than Mercury but not fit to tie Cordic's shoe laces.
And I didn't rate Cordic that highly when I was using it.

Both the partners get incredibly frustrated not just with icabbi but their tech team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 10:46 am
Posts: 18
From the poxy phone system they recommended to the amount of down time and constant calls to the support team who always say they are aware of the problem.
This system has a few good features but is slow and clunky and not worth the hassle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9104
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
lookingforthebest wrote:
From the poxy phone system they recommended to the amount of down time and constant calls to the support team who always say they are aware of the problem.
This system has a few good features but is slow and clunky and not worth the hassle.


Sounds like it's worse than Mercury. FML it's going to go down a storm with our lot. Why oh why do companies take in all the shit iCabbie and Mercury churn out?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:35 pm
Posts: 1535
Nidge2 wrote:
[Why oh why do companies take in all the shit iCabbie and Mercury churn out?
Baffles me why companies choose crappy systems when 5 minutes on google will reveal the best and worst.

It's like ;
Slow; tick
Bugged; tick
Freezes; tick
Poor customer service; tick
Bad tech support; tick
Does'nt work very well; tick

But it's £10 cheaper per month than the others so we'll get it !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:08 am
Posts: 95
Location: Chorley
I sometimes wonder if taxi bosses want to pay MORE, as in much more! Maybe thinking paying more gets you the very best , but that isn't the case. And by paying less (substantialy less) in the case of datamaster that something could be missing? By switching from Autocab 8 months ago we are actually making money now with the datamaster system.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:35 pm
Posts: 1535
My company certainly wants to pay more, as it doesn't affect them, they just pass the cost onto the drivers.
We switched to Icabbie, more expensive so our rent went up £10 per month.
Then there was problems that might be due to the phones/pda, so they bought 20 different models out of company funds to test. These have problems as well (mostly the same problems as before), so they've bought 20 more of yet another to test.

If these work then we'll be looking to change the entire fleets phones - over 150 ! If they don't they'll just keep buying different models of phone until they do get one that works. Of course at no point have they tried the phone that icabbie says works and is compatible, too expensive they say !

Then there's all the old/current phones, the makers gone bust and they're next to worthless. You can get brand new ones online for £20 !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group