Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:16 pm 
Sorry I am not sure who guest is..
Anyway no no problem with production of dataheads.
We are still manufacturing the Datax Mk2.
We make this for other software packages as well as Navigator so they are always made in much larger volumes and are always in stock..

The Datax2 you were offered for £200 a unit..was a special offer. The RRP is £249.00 you should have taken it.. but why would I offer them to you for £200?? what would you do with them??? I am not in the habit of offering Dataheads to people who are not running compatible software so I certainly doubt your claim..

So to clarify my/your last posting I am talking about Datax Mk1 which used to sell for £189.00

We sell these fully refurbished now for only £139.00 :shock:
This helps the smaller companies get on data with less outlay.
They can buy 10 dataheads and a TNC for £2500 which is the same amount you can get on a data grant...
Some lucky companies get their first 10 cars on data at no cost.
Cool Eh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only difference is that they won't do GPS or have a numeric keypad or interface with the Garmin Navigator or PDA navigators.. so you need to upgrade to the MK2 if you want that functionality. :idea:

We are running very short of Datax Mk1 and I have more orders than stock because we have been promised some for refurbishment and they have not materialised yet. If you know of any I would be most grateful.

Maybe some company in administration could help?
It happens all the time you know. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:02 am 

We went to Auriga first were promised all sort of things by their saleman.
when the time came to get the system Auriga wanted alot of money for their system and we could not have just the booking system to start with. We had to get the whole lot in one go. (including Dataheads).
:cry:

We then went to Exel for Midas system which was promised to us with a lot of hope and the system had everything including dataheads. Which Exel did not have at the time. I will never forget one thing I was told by Richard Moore from Exel that my old tait 500 radio's without data board could take the data heads, then came Diplomat and supplied the data heads to Exel. We spent a alot of money and went data which were provided by Diplomat.

Exel had very good Support team. but Midas had too many bugs, if one was fixed another was created. We lost almost 50% of booking and drivers because of Midas.

Companies like us were left in a limbo when Exel and Diplomat broke up.

We decided to Go with Diplomat's Navigater when the two company's broke up.
Today We can honestly say we did the right thing at the time. Diplomat has given us everything we wanted from a system. We have Dataheads-Callback-Autobook-GPS the lot.
As a customer and user of Diplomats Navigater we can honestly recommend the Navigater to anyone we had one of the best Christmas and New Year season ever in the history of our office. Bookings and our drivers count was the highest its ever been.
All thanks to Diplomat's Navigater.

Diplomat has given us more in any month then Exel had in any year.
Diplomat is so quick in repairing any bugs we sometimes wander if the boys have got a home to go to.
If we reported a bug to Exel we were told its not possible its a computer it can not do that.
I do not have anything against Exel (I had some good times with Exel) but us a paying Customer I think I do have the right to be honest to other paying customers how are thinking of investing alot of money on a computer system.

Ps:
I think Exel should stop knocking Diplomat, and if their system is good enough then let the system to the talking like Diplomat does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:56 pm 
Advance Cars wrote:
We went to Auriga first were promised all sort of things by their saleman.
when the time came to get the system Auriga wanted alot of money for their system and we could not have just the booking system to start with. We had to get the whole lot in one go. (including Dataheads).
:cry:

We then went to Exel for Midas system which was promised to us with a lot of hope and the system had everything including dataheads. Which Exel did not have at the time. I will never forget one thing I was told by Richard Moore from Exel that my old tait 500 radio's without data board could take the data heads, then came Diplomat and supplied the data heads to Exel. We spent a alot of money and went data which were provided by Diplomat.

Exel had very good Support team. but Midas had too many bugs, if one was fixed another was created. We lost almost 50% of booking and drivers because of Midas.

Companies like us were left in a limbo when Exel and Diplomat broke up.

We decided to Go with Diplomat's Navigater when the two company's broke up.
Today We can honestly say we did the right thing at the time. Diplomat has given us everything we wanted from a system. We have Dataheads-Callback-Autobook-GPS the lot.
As a customer and user of Diplomats Navigater we can honestly recommend the Navigater to anyone we had one of the best Christmas and New Year season ever in the history of our office. Bookings and our drivers count was the highest its ever been.
All thanks to Diplomat's Navigater.

Diplomat has given us more in any month then Exel had in any year.
Diplomat is so quick in repairing any bugs we sometimes wander if the boys have got a home to go to.
If we reported a bug to Exel we were told its not possible its a computer it can not do that.
I do not have anything against Exel (I had some good times with Exel) but us a paying Customer I think I do have the right to be honest to other paying customers how are thinking of investing alot of money on a computer system.

Ps:
I think Exel should stop knocking Diplomat, and if their system is good enough then let the system to the talking like Diplomat does.

you say you chose to go with diplomat, not true is it?

on the split we were shared out between the companies like lamb chops.
those with data heads went to diplomat and those without went to excel.

to quote a senior diplomat executive "we are not allowed to deal with you speak to Richard Moore"

I am all for this diplomat is great stuff, but lets be honest not a single firm were given any choice.

Id like to say I decided to stay with Excel in reality, I wasnt, nor were we given any information to make such a choice.

having worked with excel I can say I am un aware of any bugs, though if there is its in diplomat navigator as excel is still the base.

as the company says "its excel compatable"

Also the programmers went to excel quote from a director from diplomat"you **** were sacked" which seemed to me a foolhardy thing to do.

honesty thats all we need some honesty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:41 pm 

Sorry to correct mr Anon Guest.
You are totally wrong.
I am not going to get into any more mud slinging and speculation.
This has to be the last post on this strange circus I am afraid..

All our customers had a choice (They still do)
We do not force any of our customers or make them sign agreements not to contact the competition.. In fact some of them have visited Exel to see what is on offer.

Most of them chose to stay with us because they get good service.
Some data customers actually stayed with Exel so your assumptions about this are completely wrong about the split.
I am not sure how these data customers are doing, maybe they would like to comment on this forum??

Conversley we were asked to sign an agreement that did not allow us to contact certain "Protected customers" even though I am uncertain if this was legal we honoured it anyway.

We were also legally prevented from mentioning said agreement..
I wonder why??

You said that you did not know of any choice?? again I wonder why? Yet Exel chose to write to everyone of our customers declaring us finished and offering their services. !!

Fortunately that agreement was nearly a year ago and has now expired so the gloves are off and the gagging order lifted.

With reference to the sacked programmers..
Sacked is probably a bad choice of words on my part and technically incorrect as they were only subcontract programmers. As far as I know they are still not Exel employees now either (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

With annual salaries (agreed by Exel) of over 4 times that of direct employees it is difficult to justify sub-contractors when there are equally skilled and more dedicated staff and far better team players available.

The reason they were no longer required was that Diplomat had their own team of dedicated enthusiastic programmers, Exel however placed more trust in third party contractors that had never even visited a taxi office, let alone understood the business, which was primarily one of the reasons we chose to part company and develop the product at our own exciting pace.

Our in house full time programmers work on Navigator exclusively and have done for well over a year now which is why Navigator has so many more features than its predecessor Midas.

I don't quite know what you mean by Exel is the base of Diplomat Navigator.

Wrong quite the opposite.
Diplomat Navigator code is now very different to Midas.
Exel is not even the "base" as you put it of Midas
Please read the company announcement on our website
www.diplomat.co.uk

To further focus your attention I am the major shareholder in the company Windowview Ltd. that owns the intellectual property of Midas and like our customers I have a choice which code to use.

Navigator has had thousands of hours refactoring. It is very different and technically superior. Think about it has to be..
Even if Exel has the best subbies in the world they can still only work at the pace of a human being and even then they have loyalties to other projects.

Please take the time to visit a working Navigator site or download it for free from our website. www.diplomat.co.uk
(I know you won't even though you have nothing to lose as you obviously have some hidden agenda we know nothing of.)

If you just want honesty why are you so keen to hide behing the name Guest ??.
Why don't Exel have a customers forum for the public to read surely that would be honest?
What about the ridiculous claims on the Exel website is that also honest?

I for one would like to see some more customer action on this forum..
Lets all stand up and be counted.

Now please can we stop banging on about historic hearsay.. and get on with our lives.

We wish Exel and their staff the very very best of luck on their chosen path.

If you have confidence in them then please stay with them and stop behaving in such a bitter manner. Otherwise kindly explain why if you have such a fantastic system that you are so negative towards our product and our customers, it just does not add up... Youv'e made your bed, now sleep comfortably.

Otherwise
Choose life.
Choose Diplomat.

I really must stress that this has to be the last grovelling post of explanation about company politics. I will do the grown up thing and ignore any further questions on the matter.

Please just let the products and the end users experiences do the talking.. As they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Now just to show there are no hard feelings and to see how many real businesses actually read this forum I am going to give away 2 free two seat systems of Navigator to the first claimants on this board.

TTFN
Stewart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:09 pm 
WHATS THE CATCH?

we will have to pay maintainance fee?
we will have to pay training?

spell out the offer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:13 pm 

Stewart wrote:
I am not going to get into any more mud slinging and speculation.
This has to be the last post on this strange circus I am afraid..

TTFN
Stewart

I couldn't agree more.

As far as I'm concerned (and hopefully others on TDO), all I really want to know is if a system is good, or if it's bad? Is it good value for money, or is it a lot of money for very little?

I would also like to know if any data company is bringing something new out that will make drivers and operators jobs a lot easier?

Whilst we can all learn by the past, we cannot change it.

So lets all look forward, not backward, please. :wink:

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:48 pm 

Thanks Alex..
Spelling out the offer to Mr. Guest again..

The offer is as I said
2 Free seats of Navigator booking and despatch.

All are prices are on our website.. we have no secrets.

Support is extra, it is 29.17 per month per seat which is less than 1 pound a day per seat.

Training is 27.50 an hour from a qualified trainer , however there are many users who may do it for less.

Neither is compulsory so its only a consideration if you want it.

Both technical and training manuals are fully comprehensive and can be downloaded for free from the website.

The latest version (which is the one I am offering) has a fully interactive help file anyway so any bits of the program that you need clarified you can merely click on help and read all about it.

The only thing you may wish to consider is a Teleatlas street database.
This will cost 600 quid for a two seat system. You dont have to have it and if you can export your existing street data we can use that. The advantage of the TeleAtlas data is that it will give you accurate mapping data if you wish to use GPS at a later date.

Its a good offer. Its is worth 4000 quid per site.

The last customer I gave a copy to wanted it for a small 20 car chauffeur business, he installed it himself, trained himself.. It cost him nothing.. Last week he placed an order for a 3 seat full data system for a sister company that I knew nothing about.

There really are no catches.

Don't forget the offer is limited to the first 2 claimants on this post..
TTFN
Stewart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:06 am 
Stewart wrote:
Thanks Alex..
Spelling out the offer to Mr. Guest again..

The offer is as I said
2 Free seats of Navigator booking and despatch.

All are prices are on our website.. we have no secrets.

Support is extra, it is 29.17 per month per seat which is less than 1 pound a day per seat.

Training is 27.50 an hour from a qualified trainer , however there are many users who may do it for less.

Neither is compulsory so its only a consideration if you want it.

Both technical and training manuals are fully comprehensive and can be downloaded for free from the website.

The latest version (which is the one I am offering) has a fully interactive help file anyway so any bits of the program that you need clarified you can merely click on help and read all about it.

The only thing you may wish to consider is a Teleatlas street database.
This will cost 600 quid for a two seat system. You dont have to have it and if you can export your existing street data we can use that. The advantage of the TeleAtlas data is that it will give you accurate mapping data if you wish to use GPS at a later date.

Its a good offer. Its is worth 4000 quid per site.

The last customer I gave a copy to wanted it for a small 20 car chauffeur business, he installed it himself, trained himself.. It cost him nothing.. Last week he placed an order for a 3 seat full data system for a sister company that I knew nothing about.

There really are no catches.

Don't forget the offer is limited to the first 2 claimants on this post..
TTFN
Stewart

ok we claim one set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:40 am 

Well, with such a gracious well meaning request like that, I expect they will be falling over themselves to grant your request. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:37 am 

Congratulations Top Secret Taxis.
Would you like to give me some more details??
Would you like us to install this online?

Please can you give us your full company details.
How many PC's do you have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:34 pm 

oh well, seeing as how no one has claimd the other one, then I suppose I had better claim it.

You know my addy Stewart.

We'd like the street database with it £600 (three seats), plus the PBX (three seat) at £2,000 with call popping etc. Then we'd also like autobooking £1,000 etc etc. Plus callback at another £1,000. Plus 25 module data at £1,500. Thats £6,100.

And, oh yes, its January (refer to Peter)

And, I also think we have a grant, too. Gosh, this is fun.

Now, what does that come to?

Any further discount for pound notes?

P.S. How much for an additional single seat? Or, do I already know the answer?

If you would do the above deal, then we would also buy some hardware too, just so we could give you some money at least.

Do you think I am being mischievious or serious?

Actually, its the latter.

Post subject: Stewart (Diplomat)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:26 am 
Thanks for your order Andy.. :D :D
Peter will contact you in the week to make arrangemants. :wink:
You will not be dissapointed.
Can you Join the Diplomat forum so we can PM you and start getting your street database and plots together. :idea:

What phone systems do you currently use ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:29 am 

BT Inspiration was the last I'd heard....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:45 am 

I will believe it, when I see or hear about it. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:32 pm 

jason cole wrote:
BT Inspiration was the last I'd heard....

Gosh, Jason. You have a superb memory!

Yes, we still have the inspiration.

I suppose we would need to buy your phone system (£1,500?) was it? We'll at least we'd be giving you money for something. lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next