Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: datamaster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:49 pm 

DATAMASTER

Has anybody got or used this system please. How does it compare to autocab and others

Post subject: Re: datamaster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:50 pm 

Several on here, ourselves included have Datamaster. Unlike all of the other suppliers, you won't find a bad word about them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:06 pm 

Not sure about 'all' the others? Can't see many negatives on here about Cordic and I would speculate that they are controlling a far larger number of vehicles than Datamaster.

Not that I would dream of knocking Datamaster, especially on here, but I haven't seen them at a trade show in years and personally know nobody using it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:43 am 

Tom Thumb wrote:
Not sure about 'all' the others? Can't see many negatives on here about Cordic and I would speculate that they are controlling a far larger number of vehicles than Datamaster.

Not that I would dream of knocking Datamaster, especially on here, but I haven't seen them at a trade show in years and personally know nobody using it.

They don't need to advertise or be at the trade shows, they're to busy. The only companies you'll see at the trade shows are those who are after your money.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:25 pm 

Just a quick reply before I buzz off for a weeks much needed rest.

I make it a point never to use this forum to promote my business so I’ll have to leave the actual users to draw any comparisons. I would just say that while you may not have heard much about us, we are not a fledgling company and we’ve been around much longer than most of the well-known names. We look after companies across the UK and Ireland varying in size from as little as 15 and up to several hundred cars, dispatching well over 2 million jobs each month.

As I see it, all the main companies have established products that work well but none are so much better than the next as to make any huge difference to your business. I’ve said this here so many times, it doesn’t matter how much you pay for the paint brush, it’s the artist that makes the great picture. Too many look for the holly grail in dispatch systems but the reality is that it’s a good management and people skills that’s the real key to success. The only advice I could give is to try avoiding the ones with the fancy web sites offering trials and special deals or you will live to regret it.

On why you don’t see us in the press or trade shows, well that was a decision we took several years ago and although others said such a move would be suicide, it was the best thing we’ve ever done. We might not be quite as high profile these days but we’re certainly not short of work and we don’t have to work hard to convince people about our system. Sure we miss out on some sales but better that than become the kind of faceless organisation that people constantly complain about.

Enough. Time to pack my bags while you all enjoy the rain!!!!! :lol:

Bill :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:24 am 

all reports I have heard about datamaster have been positive - the fact the guy comes on TDO and regularly answers queries says more than I can possibly write.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:30 am 

Tom Thumb wrote:
but I haven't seen them at a trade show in years and personally know nobody using it.

Do people actually buy systems at trade shows? :-k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:25 am 

Sussex wrote:
Tom Thumb wrote:
but I haven't seen them at a trade show in years and personally know nobody using it.

Do people actually buy systems at trade shows? :-k

Only those who fall for the sales patter of "our system is the dogs dangly bits" when it clearly isn't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:25 pm 

captain cab wrote:
says more than I can possibly write.

That has to be a first!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:01 pm 

I can't even think about one bad thing to say about Datamaster. The company so helpful to help new start company's to get off the ground when funds are tight. When I started my company four years ago I contacted Bill @ Datamaster regarding a system and when he asked how many cars I had on my fleet I replied 3 he didn't laugh and put phone down he went out off his way to me and my company get started with a system @ PDAs and now four years on with 32 drivers 4200 jobs a week I can honestly say that Datamaster have been they for us all the way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:41 am 

608608 wrote:
I can't even think about one bad thing to say about Datamaster. The company so helpful to help new start company's to get off the ground when funds are tight. When I started my company four years ago I contacted Bill @ Datamaster regarding a system and when he asked how many cars I had on my fleet I replied 3 he didn't laugh and put phone down he went out off his way to me and my company get started with a system @ PDAs and now four years on with 32 drivers 4200 jobs a week I can honestly say that Datamaster have been they for us all the way.

I think this is the best advertisement for Datamaster ever.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:38 pm 

Thanks for the kind words Ernie but I just need to add a note here to avoid any misunderstandings.

We don’t normally get involved with start-ups because they create a completely disproportionate amount of work for our support staff compared to established businesses so it’s just not worth it for us. We don’t charge up front for our software or try to profit for supplying equipment and this appeals to start ups, but if it all fails six months down the line, then all that time and effort goes down the pan. I’d rather try and explain this than just take someone’s money but this isn’t me being nice, it’s me protecting my business.

Bill :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:11 am 

We have 3 taxi firms in our town. All on Datamaster. All setup differently and doing the job as intended. Support is great and new features added if requested (and sensible).
I 'came across' Datamaster by accident when I'd had enough of being treated like dung at a pen & paper firm. They didn't even have GPS at the time but it was still brilliant to get a share of the work.
We've had a driver return from a firm on Cordic (he was going to move 50 miles away but changed his mind). He said the system was always crashing and it cost him 10p + VAT for every textback or message to/from the office. This builds up over the week. He said, upon his return, "You can't beat Datamaster"
Autocab I found to be too complicated for what it needed to do. Why do you need to see where cars/jobs are when you are on a job yourself? Satnav was poor as it could only handle addresses, not places.
Mercury..... we'll leave that at the boss falling for the sales patter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:30 am 

Jedidaz wrote:
Mercury..... we'll leave that at the boss falling for the sales patter.

Anyone who falls for their sales patter is a fool. Companies don't five anything away for free.