Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: mercury2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:53 am 

mancityfan wrote:

I think you are being very unkind to nidge, after all he's only giving his opinion and knowledge on this company, he's warning people to stay well clear, and I for one am glad he has, I was interested in mercury and read on here about them, I then did my own research, phoned a few taxi company's in the area who new this company director very well, and they all said the same thing, it's a pirate copy and stay well clear, I then did a director check on Westminster holdings and there he was. So some of us are very glad there are people like nidge to warn us about these type of people.

You can't please everyone can you? I've been in this game far to long and I've seen firms get ripped off by companies who offer the world yet give you nothing.

Exel won't be around for much longer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:37 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
mancityfan wrote:

I think you are being very unkind to nidge, after all he's only giving his opinion and knowledge on this company, he's warning people to stay well clear, and I for one am glad he has, I was interested in mercury and read on here about them, I then did my own research, phoned a few taxi company's in the area who new this company director very well, and they all said the same thing, it's a pirate copy and stay well clear, I then did a director check on Westminster holdings and there he was. So some of us are very glad there are people like nidge to warn us about these type of people.

You can't please everyone can you? I've been in this game far to long and I've seen firms get ripped off by companies who offer the world yet give you nothing.

Ok then so all the software is stolen so why are the police involved
The software is pirated so why arnt F.A.C.T involved
The director ripped the miners off so why arnt the fraud squad involved
Why arnt diplomat doing anything about it. If it was my stuff that had been stolen then i would do something about it. maybe us country folk are different to you city fellas. And i agree 100% in what you say about warning people about stuff thats no good. and quite rightly nidge is entilted to a opinion.

We run mercury so when nidge comes on and start slating in (rightly or wrongly) and saying the firm is going down the pan then we take notice as we dont want to be caught out and left with no dispatch system. So we listen and then ask questions and all nidge says is that "its a load off bollock" or "its run by crooks and robs people" so on quite a few occasions ive ask him to explain but he dosnt/wont or cant explain how so it must just be his own opinion. So now we work it on the facts that are in front of us and that is what nidge says and what we know.

Nidges comments = he wont explain to us if he dosnt want to do it on a open forum il gladly pm him a mobile no also we are down doncaster twice a month so could meet for a cuppa.

mercury system = weve had it 3 years and its never let us down any issues are always on the human side drivers/clerkes and owners doing it wrong. weve had no issues with mercury support we phone and they sort it out and always within a good timescale
so without nidges fact to put into the mix we have to say the system is good and recomend it to other firms.

Mancity. if the software is pirated then thats even better isnt it because no court in the land would enforce a contract thats built on pirated software so anybody thats not happy can just walk away from the contract cant they. And mercury couldnt do a thing about it. As for the director well i dont know him so cant comment but one thing i can tell you is he wont be the only director or taxis driver with a dodgy past will he.

As for being unkind to nidge. Well thats not our intention but hes a grown man and hell adjust and im sure hes been called worse in the past

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:44 am 

townhalltaxis wrote:

Why arnt diplomat doing anything about it. If it was my stuff that had been stolen then i would do something about it. maybe us country folk are different to you city fellas. And i agree 100% in what you say about warning people about stuff thats no good. and quite rightly nidge is entilted to a opinion.

The flip side to this is, If Nidge is just a vindictive liar spreading garbage about Mercury/Exel, why haven't they taken Nidge to court or taken out an injunction to stop him?
Just a thought.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:56 am 

grandad wrote:
townhalltaxis wrote:

The flip side to this is, If Nidge is just a vindictive liar spreading garbage about Mercury/Exel, why haven't they taken Nidge to court or taken out an injunction to stop him?
Just a thought.

Because they haven't go a leg to stand on if they did.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:29 am 

townhalltaxis wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
mancityfan wrote:

We run mercury so when nidge comes on and start slating in (rightly or wrongly) and saying the firm is going down the pan then we take notice as we dont want to be caught out and left with no dispatch system. So we listen and then ask questions and all nidge says is that "its a load off bollock" or "its run by crooks and robs people" so on quite a few occasions ive ask him to explain but he dosnt/wont or cant explain how so it must just be his own opinion. So now we work it on the facts that are in front of us and that is what nidge says and what we know.

Nidges comments = he wont explain to us if he dosnt want to do it on a open forum il gladly pm him a mobile no also we are down doncaster twice a month so could meet for a cuppa.

mercury system = weve had it 3 years and its never let us down any issues are always on the human side drivers/clerkes and owners doing it wrong. weve had no issues with mercury support we phone and they sort it out and always within a good timescale
so without nidges fact to put into the mix we have to say the system is good and recomend it to other firms.

Mancity. if the software is pirated then thats even better isnt it because no court in the land would enforce a contract thats built on pirated software so anybody thats not happy can just walk away from the contract cant they. And mercury couldnt do a thing about it. As for the director well i dont know him so cant comment but one thing i can tell you is he wont be the only director or taxis driver with a dodgy past will he.

As for being unkind to nidge. Well thats not our intention but hes a grown man and hell adjust and im sure hes been called worse in the past

The coding was stolen by Mike Scott and Richard Moore then dressed up as mercury basically it was stolen when Stewart gave Richard Moore a leg up on the ladder back in 2003.

The money stolen was from ex miners who Moore duped into investing into a taxi compay was in the region of £2million. He was asking them to invest £25k + and promising them returns of £35k within 12 months. When he fleeced the money he liquidated the companies leaving debts to garages, petrol stations, parts suppliers, tyre companies. Him and his father walked away with a handsome bundle of money.

There have been 3 strip outs of mercury round here within the last 3 months, one firm who got taken over had mercury ripped out the first day and replaced with a better system. No company round here or in Nottingham or derby will touch exel.

Google the companies I posted and open an account at companies house and they'll show you everything.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:33 pm 

grandad wrote:
townhalltaxis wrote:

Just a thought.

cant argue with that grandad.. If it was my company id be getting something done. Its got to make one wonder why they havnt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:36 pm 

townhalltaxis wrote:
grandad wrote:
townhalltaxis wrote:

Just a thought.

cant argue with that grandad.. If it was my company id be getting something done. Its got to make one wonder why they havnt

They can't take someone to court for speaking the truth. Who would the court believe, a man who's been bankrupt twice, robbed people of their pensions and liquidated 3 companies in the process or someone who's been in the taxi trade 26 years with a sparkling credit history with back up to what he says? It's not rocket science is it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:47 pm 

grandad wrote:
townhalltaxis wrote:

Just a thought.

cos they havent seen it or dont care maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:56 pm 

So Mercury 2 is not fit for purpose and they have given up trying to develop it.
They have joined up with Icabbi in some sort of partnership.
Luckily we have not invested in Mercury 2 and currently are using Mercury 1 but still looking for a better system.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:30 am 

lookingforthebest wrote:
So Mercury 2 is not fit for purpose and they have given up trying to develop it.
They have joined up with Icabbi in some sort of partnership.
Luckily we have not invested in Mercury 2 and currently are using Mercury 1 but still looking for a better system.

They've got rid of loads of staff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:00 pm 

belive when i say that this will hurt me more than you. After 5 years with mercury i have to admit that the system is fine and the company is a useless. im not going into it as it would take to long but in a nutshell nidge was right and when the contract comes to a end we will be going elsewhere. you get promised everything to start with then you end up with a sytem that only does half of what they say and a problem that could be fixed by support your told to take it to pc world. So here comes the hard part "nidge was right all along".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:46 am 

townhalltaxis wrote:
belive when i say that this will hurt me more than you. After 5 years with mercury i have to admit that the system is fine and the company is a useless. im not going into it as it would take to long but in a nutshell nidge was right and when the contract comes to a end we will be going elsewhere. you get promised everything to start with then you end up with a sytem that only does half of what they say and a problem that could be fixed by support your told to take it to pc world. So here comes the hard part "nidge was right all along".

Their problem is, when it's installed everything works OK, they then install their useless updates which causes no end of problems. They've never worked in a busy cab office, they've never been in a cab office at a busy time when it's gone down.