Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: mercury2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:20 am 

walkerscars wrote:
Don't go with Mercury you will hate it. It cost you mega money to put right.
I know I kicked them out. Now have Data Master iam happy as a pig.
No more jobs hanging up. No connection issues. No 2cars on same jobs.
No server crashing. No more its YOUR FAULT.
AND NO MORE LIES FROM IT @WATS.
Yes granddad I was shouting lol.

This says it all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:51 am 

lookingforthebest wrote:
This company has had Mercury1 for years. As a controller who has just returned here and who has been using Cordic at my last firm and had a little taste of Shamrock, I think Mercury1 is backward but as I said maybe I have been spoiled by superior and more expensive systems.
The partners both like Mercury1 but are looking to upgrade to Mercury2. They don't have any of the problems that Nidge or anyone else describes.
I had some issues with Cordic but Mercury1, whoever designed it, is not for me and I am unconvinced by Mercury2.
Why can I not track a driver on his way to as pick up and see on the map where the driver is and where the job is, the speed of the driver and the distance he is away.
Any system that does not have that should be binned. I want my telephonists to relay this information without asking me every time.

But I do want to see Mercury2 in action in a similar sized firm to sway my bosses one way or the other.

you can track with mercury it has its own screen(if youve set it up correct and bought another screen) showing all the cars and a audit trail showing the route that the driver has taking and what time he was offered the job and acepted it then what time he arrived/how long it took etc etc. Our clerkes can put in up to 5 jobs a minute it really is that simple to use ( just a pity the phones didnt go 5 times a minute all the time). Also if the journey times have been entered correctly the sytem will tell you how long before a car is clear and can get to the job so you can tell the customer while you have them on the phone. Like ive said before all the dispatch systems are basicly the same just some have more tweaks than others and if you spend a bit time setting them up to work in conjuction with your buisness there a valuble buisness tool. Most faults with data systems are down to Drivers and clerkes. Drivers to lazy to update pda,s or expecting it to be a mind reader. Clerkes not putting corect details in

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:39 am 

our base has mercury with live on screen tracking

so WTF do they MESSAGE me to ask where I am? and send a job when im stuck in traffic going the opposite way still POB?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:14 pm 

That sounds like the system is on manual so the clerkes can have control and thats when mistakes get made and they then blame the system. never understood why firms get a dispatch system then think they can do the job better and run it on manual. Tell them to put it on auto and just sit back and let it do the work and as long as the drivers work there pda,s properly then it will work fine. Ours is set up in the customers favor so that if the pc knows it can give the cusyomer a taxi 1 minute quicker by pulling a car from a different zone then it will. That was our choice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 pm 

lookingforthebest wrote:
This company has had Mercury1 for years. As a controller who has just returned here and who has been using Cordic at my last firm and had a little taste of Shamrock, I think Mercury1 is backward but as I said maybe I have been spoiled by superior and more expensive systems.
The partners both like Mercury1 but are looking to upgrade to Mercury2. They don't have any of the problems that Nidge or anyone else describes.
I had some issues with Cordic but Mercury1, whoever designed it, is not for me and I am unconvinced by Mercury2.
Why can I not track a driver on his way to as pick up and see on the map where the driver is and where the job is, the speed of the driver and the distance he is away.
Any system that does not have that should be binned. I want my telephonists to relay this information without asking me every time.

But I do want to see Mercury2 in action in a similar sized firm to sway my bosses one way or the other.

They stole Mercury one from Stewart Harding, it's called Diplomat Navigator, Stewart and Jason Cole had it working like a good one, when Moore stole it him and Mike Scott fucked it up when they re-named it Mercury.

Some firms are running Navigator today without any issues at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:43 pm 

townhalltaxis wrote:
That sounds like the system is on manual so the clerkes can have control and thats when mistakes get made and they then blame the system. never understood why firms get a dispatch system then think they can do the job better and run it on manual. Tell them to put it on auto and just sit back and let it do the work and as long as the drivers work there pda,s properly then it will work fine. Ours is set up in the customers favor so that if the pc knows it can give the cusyomer a taxi 1 minute quicker by pulling a car from a different zone then it will. That was our choice

then they couldnt make sure the CAR renters make more than the PDA renters though

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:28 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
then they couldnt make sure the CAR renters make more than the PDA renters though

Well in laymans terms thats the clerkes fiddling and nothing to with the dispatch system.

Nidge your like a broken record either put up your genuine complants (which would be good to see) or just shut up. You havnt a clue how a dispatch sytem works and you even thought datamaster support was free which just shows how litttle you know. Your only a mile away from mercury office well man up and go down and sort them out or you could always do something different like come on here and bleat and whinge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:01 pm 

I know for a fact ours is not on auto or i wouldnt have had to drive across town to a superstore to pickup only to find another car had dropped and had let my passengers wait in his car, then he left empty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:10 pm 

townhalltaxis wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:

Well in laymans terms thats the clerkes fiddling and nothing to with the dispatch system.

Nidge your like a broken record either put up your genuine complants (which would be good to see) or just shut up. You havnt a clue how a dispatch sytem works and you even thought datamaster support was free which just shows how litttle you know. Your only a mile away from mercury office well man up and go down and sort them out or you could always do something different like come on here and bleat and whinge

I think you are being very unkind to nidge, after all he's only giving his opinion and knowledge on this company, he's warning people to stay well clear, and I for one am glad he has, I was interested in mercury and read on here about them, I then did my own research, phoned a few taxi company's in the area who new this company director very well, and they all said the same thing, it's a pirate copy and stay well clear, I then did a director check on Westminster holdings and there he was. So some of us are very glad there are people like nidge to warn us about these type of people.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:52 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
I know for a fact ours is not on auto or i wouldnt have had to drive across town to a superstore to pickup only to find another car had dropped and had let my passengers wait in his car, then he left empty

That's probably because it is on auto and there are not many intelligent systems around that recognise that a driver is dropping where a pick up is and if you employ a decent controller he or she will.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:56 am 

townhalltaxis wrote:
lookingforthebest wrote:

you can track with mercury it has its own screen(if youve set it up correct and bought another screen) showing all the cars and a audit trail showing the route that the driver has taking and what time he was offered the job and acepted it then what time he arrived/how long it took etc etc. Our clerkes can put in up to 5 jobs a minute it really is that simple to use ( just a pity the phones didnt go 5 times a minute all the time). Also if the journey times have been entered correctly the sytem will tell you how long before a car is clear and can get to the job so you can tell the customer while you have them on the phone. Like ive said before all the dispatch systems are basicly the same just some have more tweaks than others and if you spend a bit time setting them up to work in conjuction with your buisness there a valuble buisness tool. Most faults with data systems are down to Drivers and clerkes. Drivers to lazy to update pda,s or expecting it to be a mind reader. Clerkes not putting corect details in

That must be Mercury2 as it does not happen on Mercury1.
I will see it at the sales pitch tomorrow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:01 am 

townhalltaxis wrote:

Try doing that when you cover the whole of London and beyond.
Only Shamrock ( Addison Lee ) can attempt this successfully and they have spent hundreds of thousands tweeking it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:10 am 

Thanks for the for and against.
I look at all points and see the relevance with a company like the one I work for.
The sales pitch is tomorrow and I have a good few questions to ask.
I will post again regarding the decision made and also if I think it works well.

One thing I certainly disagree is that all systems are more or less the same.
Having worked with DA, Auriga, Freedom, FoxPro, Cordic, Shamrock and Mercury ( amongst others ) , I can certainly say there is a vast difference between them all
If you have a few drivers doing cash jobs in a small area then maybe it does not matter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:48 am 

lookingforthebest wrote:
Thanks for the for and against.
I look at all points and see the relevance with a company like the one I work for.
The sales pitch is tomorrow and I have a good few questions to ask.
I will post again regarding the decision made and also if I think it works well.

One thing I certainly disagree is that all systems are more or less the same.
Having worked with DA, Auriga, Freedom, FoxPro, Cordic, Shamrock and Mercury ( amongst others ) , I can certainly say there is a vast difference between them all
If you have a few drivers doing cash jobs in a small area then maybe it does not matter

Ask him if he knows me and watch his face turn pale.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:49 am 

townhalltaxis wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:

I haven't a clue how a disptach system works?? Get a grip you tool, I've run a 75 car operation with the best dispatch system money could buy.