Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:19 am 

Bunny

Most of our hack companies tend to have the meter line connected to their PDA's but this is more for ease of use rather than to prevent any kind of cheating. It'd be difficult to control street work without doing this.
We never send jobs to cars that already have passengers on board as this creates a safety issue so any such jobs are sent the moment the meter goes back to for hire.

Bill :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:21 pm 

Thanks Bill. I never realised that PDA's could be connected to a meter line (top light output) the same as a datahead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:34 pm 

labraiz wrote:
but we were with auriga for around 18yrs but they are not going anywhere with their system its in the dinasour era where as this system so far has been like a dream for office & drivers

Indeed. :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:02 pm 

we have changed to icabbi. We have 75 cars, they charge us £3.00 per week per car. They constantly upgrade which is free and are readily available for advice.
No one should even entertain autocab, icabbi (and i am sure others) are far superior.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:32 pm 

Trevor, if you think that's good, what the hell were you paying before?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:47 pm 

stellafella wrote:
Im guessing it would be close to Autocabs price. They charge £1000 set up and £2 per car per week.
We recently were quoted £3.00 per driver per week(NOT PER CAR) and that was enough to put the lads off that only work now and again, or weekends only and of course the seasonal drivers. One lad has his car shared with 4 drivers so that it is on 24/7 so he would have paid £12 per week (yeh, he can afford it), but another owner driver only works a Sunday with a day driver and a night driver, so for him £6 per week seems a lot. There are about 12 company cars and buses that I think have at least 3 or 4 drivers per car, that would seem a big pullout every week for the gaffer. The boss of course asked all the owners if they were willing to cough up the extra, the excuses came flying back ranging from 'so why we experiment with a new system, you want extra money from us to pay for it' and 'will I get more work'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:59 pm 

thedispatcher wrote:
stellafella wrote:
Im guessing it would be close to Autocabs price. They charge £1000 set up and £2 per car per week.
We recently were quoted £3.00 per driver per week(NOT PER CAR) and that was enough to put the lads off that only work now and again, or weekends only and of course the seasonal drivers. One lad has his car shared with 4 drivers so that it is on 24/7 so he would have paid £12 per week (yeh, he can afford it), but another owner driver only works a Sunday with a day driver and a night driver, so for him £6 per week seems a lot. There are about 12 company cars and buses that I think have at least 3 or 4 drivers per car, that would seem a big pullout every week for the gaffer. The boss of course asked all the owners if they were willing to cough up the extra, the excuses came flying back ranging from 'so why we experiment with a new system, you want extra money from us to pay for it' and 'will I get more work'

£3.00 per driver?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:07 pm 

We use Datamaster, and have recently had demos from both Autocab (far too complicated and time consuming tonise) £2000 setup and £2.50 to £3.50 per car depending on features.

Icabbi,
We were quite blown away by iCabbi, some amazing features in, but to get the full benefit you really need to take there phone system.

But, after a long discussion with Matt and the guys at Datamaster (and a whine at Bill) within 2 weeks we had 75% of the Icabbi best features installed in Easybook, with all bar one of the others on the development list.

Datamaster may be a smaller company, but they respond quickly to customer requests/demands, and aren't in to buy another top of the range Mercedes every few months.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:31 pm 

stxagg wrote:
We use Datamaster, and have recently had demos from both Autocab (far too complicated and time consuming tonise) £2000 setup and £2.50 to £3.50 per car depending on features.

Icabbi,
We were quite blown away by iCabbi, some amazing features in, but to get the full benefit you really need to take there phone system.

But, after a long discussion with Matt and the guys at Datamaster (and a whine at Bill) within 2 weeks we had 75% of the Icabbi best features installed in Easybook, with all bar one of the others on the development list.

Datamaster may be a smaller company, but they respond quickly to customer requests/demands,
Quote:
and aren't in to buy another top of the range Mercedes every few months.[/
quote]

Nah, Bills a Skoda man

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:43 pm 

Don't be silly Skippy, can't pull the birds in a Skoda!
My cars are both Italian each with four exhaust pipes. :roll:
That said, the only bird it's ever attracted was a wood pigeon on the M62 :mrgreen:

Stxagg. Just worked out who you are but don't worry your secrets safe provided you tell me what the Icabbi phone system does that your's doesn't ???

Off north of the border now for the rest of the week so enjoy the rain while I top up my tan!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:20 pm 

bill_datamaster wrote:
Off north of the border now for the rest of the week

You poor thing.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:52 pm 

bill_datamaster wrote:
Off north of the border now for the rest of the week so enjoy the rain while I top up my tan!

Are you taking a sunlamp?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
bill_datamaster wrote:

Are you taking a sunlamp?

I will swap my brolly for it

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:56 pm 

My company is going from Mercury 1 to Icabbi in the immediate future.
Its worth opening a bottle of champagne to celebrate no longer having to use the worst system I have ever used before and I have used many including Cordic, Auriga, and Shamrock just to name a few.
Icabbi looks very good but I have not seen it working. I hope it lives up to the hype.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:34 am 

lookingforthebest wrote:
My company is going from Mercury 1 to Icabbi in the immediate future.
Its worth opening a bottle of champagne to celebrate no longer having to use the worst system I have ever used before and I have used many including Cordic, Auriga, and Shamrock just to name a few.
Icabbi looks very good but I have not seen it working. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Icabbi have gotten into bed with Exel who own Mercury.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next