Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Icabbi
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:36 am 

Icabbi are using mercurys sales team to promote it in England.
It's a win win situation for both.
Mercury now have a system fit for purpose to sell and Icabbi have a ready made sales team for England.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:02 am 

lookingforthebest wrote:
Mercury now have a system fit for purpose to sell and Icabbi have a ready made sales team for England.

Until the mercury side of things start to change the icabbi settings.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:18 pm 

lookingforthebest wrote:
Salesman.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:40 pm 

If you think I am a salesman then my doubt about Icabbi is that the sales team is the same as Mercury.
Having used mercury 1 and then gone to a presentation about Mercury 2 which not only was I unimpressed with, but stunned at how little the salesman knew about his product.
And on reading Nidge's warning here about the company I became a bigger sceptic regarding the company.
That said, my company has signed the forms for Icabbi so in the next couple of months it will be what I will be using.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:09 am 

Having been using this system for many months now it is just another one with some good features and many more bad ones.
Better than Mercury but not fit to tie Cordic's shoe laces.
And I didn't rate Cordic that highly when I was using it.

Both the partners get incredibly frustrated not just with icabbi but their tech team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:24 pm 

From the poxy phone system they recommended to the amount of down time and constant calls to the support team who always say they are aware of the problem.
This system has a few good features but is slow and clunky and not worth the hassle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:42 pm 

lookingforthebest wrote:
From the poxy phone system they recommended to the amount of down time and constant calls to the support team who always say they are aware of the problem.
This system has a few good features but is slow and clunky and not worth the hassle.

Sounds like it's worse than Mercury. FML it's going to go down a storm with our lot. Why oh why do companies take in all the shit iCabbie and Mercury churn out?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:57 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
[Why oh why do companies take in all the shit iCabbie and Mercury churn out?
Baffles me why companies choose crappy systems when 5 minutes on google will reveal the best and worst.

It's like ;
Slow; tick
Bugged; tick
Freezes; tick
Poor customer service; tick
Bad tech support; tick
Does'nt work very well; tick

But it's £10 cheaper per month than the others so we'll get it !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 pm 

I sometimes wonder if taxi bosses want to pay MORE, as in much more! Maybe thinking paying more gets you the very best , but that isn't the case. And by paying less (substantialy less) in the case of datamaster that something could be missing? By switching from Autocab 8 months ago we are actually making money now with the datamaster system.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:47 pm 

My company certainly wants to pay more, as it doesn't affect them, they just pass the cost onto the drivers.
We switched to Icabbie, more expensive so our rent went up £10 per month.
Then there was problems that might be due to the phones/pda, so they bought 20 different models out of company funds to test. These have problems as well (mostly the same problems as before), so they've bought 20 more of yet another to test.

If these work then we'll be looking to change the entire fleets phones - over 150 ! If they don't they'll just keep buying different models of phone until they do get one that works. Of course at no point have they tried the phone that icabbie says works and is compatible, too expensive they say !

Then there's all the old/current phones, the makers gone bust and they're next to worthless. You can get brand new ones online for £20 !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:45 pm 

What a fiasco, ours works with any up to date android device. We are using samsung J3 and they are 100% reliable so far after ten months.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:36 am 

iCabbie is shit. When it offers you a job there's no accept job in such and such an area it's says accept pre booked job and that's it, you could be 5 miles away and it might be a minimum fare job. If you are moving while it's offering you a job it will auto decline and put you unavailable for work. It's a bigger bag of shit than Mercury and that's saying something.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:33 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
If you are moving while it's offering you a job it will auto decline and put you unavailable for work.

That has got to be an operator decided function.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:49 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
iCabbie is shit. When it offers you a job there's no accept job in such and such an area it's says accept pre booked job and that's it, you could be 5 miles away and it might be a minimum fare job. If you are moving while it's offering you a job it will auto decline and put you unavailable for work. It's a bigger bag of shit than Mercury and that's saying something.
Ours says which area the job is in and gives the distance. However it's as the crow flies, so a job 1 mile away could actually be nearer 2. On one area it will say the job is 1/2 a mile away but thats in a straight line across fields and a large lake, to get to it you actually have to drive 4 miles by road !
Ours doesn't auto decline if moving, must be operator setting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:50 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
If you are moving while it's offering you a job it will auto decline and put you unavailable for work.

That has got to be an operator decided function.

Says not, if it carries on the drivers who were moaning today are on about doing one. It gave me 2½ minutes to travel nearly 6 miles this morning for a minimum fare job.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next