Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

Icabbi
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25558
Page 1 of 7

Author:  labraiz [ Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Icabbi

We have just changed our dispatch system from Auriga to Icabbi what a refreshing change even though we were hesitant of going onto a cloud based system at first but makes me wonder why we did'nt do it ages ago its a system so feature rich i think it blows the likes of Auriga out of the water even though we stuck with them for years since we moved i think the likes of city taxis Sheffield 900 cars & Amber car leeds 700 cars Data cars east london 300 cars have moved to icabbi i personally think the big players in the dispatch industry are going to have to change the way they work or they are going to get blown away

Author:  mancityfan [ Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

How much does it cost?

Author:  labraiz [ Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

Well there is no long term contracts no office set up so you dont have to pay for bulky servers that have cost us an arm and a leg over the years you can have normal pc its just a web browser drivers can use iphone or android phones the cost is down to the size of your fleet but all im going to say is the cost will be almost the same as what you are paying for maintenance from your dispatch provider its on a car per week basis & all updates features are free

Author:  stellafella [ Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

Doesnt really answer how much it costs. Saying that i have requested a sales person from icabbi speak to me a few times over last year and never got a call back.
Tried again last week and was told that as im under 50 cars they wont. Would of been nice to know this on first call.
Looking at autocab cloud version now

Author:  bill_datamaster [ Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

I’d also love to know what Icabbie charge but it seems the cloud's obscuring everyone’s view of this. :lol:

Taking only the largest companies makes absolute sense both from the supply of equipment and the cost per car plus it gives more credibility when it comes to promoting a system. For sure any company that needs to upgrade from an ageing system is going to think twice about forking out inflated prices for what’s essentially a standard PC. And it’s the same with PDA’s; £600 for a standard device with a preinstalled app is bonkers so those that have done this in the past stand to loose out.

Icabbie will have ongoing charges but by focussing only on the largest users, the cost per week per car will look more attractive but less so for the smaller user. I don’t know their prices so let me use ours. We charge a fixed fee of £160 per company plus £1 per car, so a company with 100 cars world pay us £260 per month +vat = £312 and this equates to 78p per week. Do the same with a small 20 car company though and the cost per car jumps to £2.70 per week!

Anyone that can fill me in with some price info on this I’d be grateful.

Bill :)

Author:  stellafella [ Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

Im guessing it would be close to Autocabs price. They charge £1000 set up and £2 per car per week.

Author:  westside1 [ Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

stellafella wrote:
Im guessing it would be close to Autocabs price. They charge £1000 set up and £2 per car per week.


That only gives 9-5 Tech Support which is rather worrying!

Author:  stellafella [ Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

I would say theres an option for 24 hour. Will find out this week when I go see them.

Author:  Nidge2 [ Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

bill_datamaster wrote:
I’d also love to know what Icabbie charge but it seems the cloud's obscuring everyone’s view of this. :lol:

Taking only the largest companies makes absolute sense both from the supply of equipment and the cost per car plus it gives more credibility when it comes to promoting a system. For sure any company that needs to upgrade from an ageing system is going to think twice about forking out inflated prices for what’s essentially a standard PC. And it’s the same with PDA’s; £600 for a standard device with a preinstalled app is bonkers so those that have done this in the past stand to loose out.

Icabbie will have ongoing charges but by focussing only on the largest users, the cost per week per car will look more attractive but less so for the smaller user. I don’t know their prices so let me use ours. We charge a fixed fee of £160 per company plus £1 per car, so a company with 100 cars world pay us £260 per month +vat = £312 and this equates to 78p per week. Do the same with a small 20 car company though and the cost per car jumps to £2.70 per week!

Anyone that can fill me in with some price info on this I’d be grateful.

Bill :)



I don't think they use PDA's bill, the drivers download an app for their smart phone and that's it.

Author:  labraiz [ Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

The Price i can not discuss because that is confidential to each company but what i can say its very competitive obviously depending on your fleet there was never an initial payment only per car per week just bought normal windows pc no clunky servers also we have gone a different route we asked the drivers to supply there own smart phones & data sims we reduced our rents to compensate the drivers but what that has done drivers have bought their own devices so no more driver device headaches for the office or sim management in turn im not reliant on one gprs provider for drivers they all have different network sims so as before we provided sims to drivers which were on vodaphone if the network went down all our drivers were down & that has happend quite a few times also i was sick of paying for repairs on units with broken screens etc which we were charged silly money for repairs in a year our repair bill on units was £1000s each year but for the driver its easy now just download app on android or ios & off he goes also it was not an easy decision to change our dispatch provider with over 450 cars across our 4 sites but we were with auriga for around 18yrs but they are not going anywhere with their system its in the dinasour era where as this system so far has been like a dream for office & drivers

Author:  bill_datamaster [ Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

Nige.

PDA, smartphone it's all the same and it's exactly what we do. Our driver app is a free download from Google Play store and it can run on any personal Android device. We don't have an App for the IPhone but they wouldn't be a good choice for use in a taxi anyway due to the high cost and risk of it getting nicked! There are a few downsides to using you own phone though, notably loosing data while on personal calls and also the setting on most devices are often not the best for the taxi application but these all have to be weighed against cost savings.

Labrais

In the office, we don't use and clunky expensive servers either, just standard Windows PCs running software that's freely downloadable so we're not that much different in that sense. Our PCs make use of the Internet but all the databases are in house rather than held on an external server and in over twenty years of operation and across all companies, we've never lost anyone's data. There's still a lot of dinosaur systems being used, I see them on a regular basis, so I can understand how pleased you must be to move to a more up to date system.

Bill :)

Author:  bunny [ Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

labraiz wrote:
The Price i can not discuss because that is confidential to each company but what i can say its very competitive obviously depending on your fleet there was never an initial payment only per car per week just bought normal windows pc no clunky servers also we have gone a different route we asked the drivers to supply there own smart phones & data sims we reduced our rents to compensate the drivers but what that has done drivers have bought their own devices so no more driver device headaches for the office or sim management in turn im not reliant on one gprs provider for drivers they all have different network sims so as before we provided sims to drivers which were on vodaphone if the network went down all our drivers were down & that has happend quite a few times also i was sick of paying for repairs on units with broken screens etc which we were charged silly money for repairs in a year our repair bill on units was £1000s each year but for the driver its easy now just download app on android or ios & off he goes also it was not an easy decision to change our dispatch provider with over 450 cars across our 4 sites but we were with auriga for around 18yrs but they are not going anywhere with their system its in the dinasour era where as this system so far has been like a dream for office & drivers


How does this work if a company uses 'Strict Meter' i.e. drivers cannot get jobs all the time the meter is engaged?

Author:  grandad [ Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

bunny wrote:
labraiz wrote:
The Price i can not discuss because that is confidential to each company but what i can say its very competitive obviously depending on your fleet there was never an initial payment only per car per week just bought normal windows pc no clunky servers also we have gone a different route we asked the drivers to supply there own smart phones & data sims we reduced our rents to compensate the drivers but what that has done drivers have bought their own devices so no more driver device headaches for the office or sim management in turn im not reliant on one gprs provider for drivers they all have different network sims so as before we provided sims to drivers which were on vodaphone if the network went down all our drivers were down & that has happend quite a few times also i was sick of paying for repairs on units with broken screens etc which we were charged silly money for repairs in a year our repair bill on units was £1000s each year but for the driver its easy now just download app on android or ios & off he goes also it was not an easy decision to change our dispatch provider with over 450 cars across our 4 sites but we were with auriga for around 18yrs but they are not going anywhere with their system its in the dinasour era where as this system so far has been like a dream for office & drivers


How does this work if a company uses 'Strict Meter' i.e. drivers cannot get jobs all the time the meter is engaged?

You have to wait until you are clear on one job before the next job is sent.

Author:  bunny [ Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

So that means that this is down to the driver to physically press a Clear button.. relying on honesty?

Author:  labraiz [ Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Icabbi

As we don't use meters i can not say but i think if you have the meter on & you receive a job it reverts to the meter once you complete the job the details for the next job come through as a follow on job

Page 1 of 7 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/