Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: auto cab ghost system
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:53 am 

recently been thinking about a dispatch system, for which i asked you people for your opinion on mercury 2, having now had a meeting with autocab and bearing in mind everything is cloud based they seem to want to charge a big instalation charge butim not sure this is necessary.

Has anyone else got the same system and how much was the instalation charge???

please note this is the fee they charged you for installing their programs not buying equipment which is priced separetly.

regards
chris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:24 am 

premierbangor wrote:
recently been thinking about a dispatch system, for which i asked you people for your opinion on mercury 2, having now had a meeting with autocab and bearing in mind everything is cloud based they seem to want to charge a big instalation charge butim not sure this is necessary.

Has anyone else got the same system and how much was the instalation charge???

please note this is the fee they charged you for installing their programs not buying equipment which is priced separetly.

regards
chris

Why not give Bill a ring at Datamaster? He doesn't charge silly installation prices or make you sign up to a monthly fee for support.

The simplest things in life are better.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:50 pm 

NIDGE,

have you got a contact number for him please ?

Regards
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:19 pm 

Yes ive got it. Cost me a grand for set up and to be honest for the amount of support and organising they do its peanuts.
Its turned my business around.
They have various departments doing different bits for you eg someone contacts you to go through your passenger app sorted quickly and efficiently.
Ive been through 2 other dispatch systems before i settled on this. You getting Ghost which is a powerful system for very little cost.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:45 pm 

Have you thought about Cordic?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:33 pm 

Give me a call if you want a second opinion on the connectivity with any of the despatch providers - the actual SIMs and driver PDAs. Piers (07430776666)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:36 pm 

piers247 wrote:
Give me a call if you want a second opinion on the connectivity with any of the despatch providers - the actual SIMs and driver PDAs. Piers (07430776666)

Why don't you just put that second opinion out here so everyone can benefit? Or you charge for that :lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 am 

theCrab wrote:
piers247 wrote:

Why don't you just put that second opinion out here so everyone can benefit? Or you charge for that :lol

They don't give you something for nothing :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:40 pm 

theCrab wrote:
piers247 wrote:

I've got my own opinions about dispatch apps and can chat if you like? No problem! Not sure whether it'd be any use as every fleet is different and works differently! I'm personally a massive fan of iCabbi.

Happy to talk around connectivity - phone systems, IVRs, automation, line-rentals, phones/PDAs, roaming SIMs, leases - all that lovely stuff. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:26 pm 

piers247 wrote:
theCrab wrote:
piers247 wrote:
roaming SIMs, all that lovely stuff. :)

In our industry a roaming sim and all that lovely stuff, dont go together.

Having sat through m2m meetings and both o2 and vodafone anyone that recommends such to a taxi firm either doesnt understand the industry or doesnt understand how they work.

Its sold in to taxis as an instant switch over, one signal goes the other is found, it just doesnt work like that, for a sim to roam takes on average 7 minutes of communications between systems. 7 minutes equates to what, 2 or 3 miles? By which point you have a signal again. Problem solved, money saved on wasted sims.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:11 pm 

You obviously haven't used our m2m roaming sims already working perfectly in cordic, autocab and data master despatch systems to name a few plus other markets in the uk and around the world, trailed and tested..

Don't be fooled by the "taxi roaming sim" that certain companies are selling out there, it's NOT a roaming sim ( how they get away with it beats me) it's basically a steered sim that sits on a network even if their is a stronger signal it still stays on it. Once the signal drops your drivers have to manually change it to another network !!

It's criminal what some companies claim !!!

Feel free to contact myself if you wish to trial out.. http://www.m2msecuitysims.com, http://www.m2mtaxisims.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:50 am 

We've got roaming sims from Exel and we have to connect manually to a network if the signal goes down. It can take anything up to 10 minutes. You need to park up at the side of the road before you do anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:07 am 

The reason is the device is not set up to roam so yes you have to change manually, steered sims have the same problem. I take it you are using Mercury software, are you on M1 or M2??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:20 am 

Richard M2M wrote:
The reason is the device is not set up to roam so yes you have to change manually, steered sims have the same problem. I take it you are using Mercury software, are you on M1 or M2??

The device is set up to roam I did it myself so it would roam. We've got a fleet on roaming but it doesn't work, cars are out in the middle of the North Sea according to the GPS setting.

We're on Mercury 1 because Mercury 2 is shit. Exel have sold out to iCabbie, they've laid loads of staff off recently.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:38 am 

Although they use a multi network sim the the devices are not set up to roam.. its actually pointless having a multi network sim in a device that doesn't do the job for you...