Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:42 pm 
I heard or read loads on the data systems out there. But Im still not sure what is best or best for value for money.
So what is the best value for money and why?
Or are they all much of a muchness?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:26 pm 
Once you are sure the system has all the features you will need then do the sums.

Total cost of ownership is what it boils down to at the end of the day.
Do the sums over a 5 year period for each system

Always try to get a free or rental deal for the first 6 months. That way if the company was full of false promises about the systems capabilities then you can change suppliers without any financial penalties.

Also give the manuals a good read and see if the company intends to make its money from enforcing training or support contracts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:26 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Once you are sure the system has all the features you will need then do the sums.

Always try to get a free or rental deal for the first 6 months. That way if the company was full of false promises about the systems capabilities then you can change suppliers without any financial penalties.

Also give the manuals a good read and see if the company intends to make its money from enforcing training or support contracts.

its horses for corses though if you have 10 cars, then your field is limited.

I have given diplomat some [edited by admin] in my time but hey, they didnt baulk tut tut or treat me inferior with my 8 car proposal and I am delighted with the midas deal they set up for me.

the training deal they set up, the equipment package they set up, though they broke one promise, they did not treat me well at all over data heads.
and did not deliver on promises.

but as youve heard on here if an 8 system gets going it can grow very quickly.

Alas I did not go diplomat navigator nor would they speak to me on visiting thier stand, something about an aggreement that Stuart spoke to me and everyone else about, but which he now says he was under contract to keep quiet. :oops:

so there we are if you are small look at midas and navigator, and a good look at mercury

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:18 am 
Yes we have had problems in the past due to the agreement, which I am not going into again, as it is boring.

We do have a deal on file, for smaller companies such as yourself which will give you an easy entry into the system and allow you to grow with us.

If you would like to discuss this further, please call on 07799117474.

As for Yorkie, many thanks for the recommendation, and if there is anything we can do to help you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me on the above number

Peter
Diplomat Data Systems Ltd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:25 pm 
Peter - Diplomat wrote:
Yes we have had problems in the past due to the agreement, which I am not going into again, as it is boring.

We do have a deal on file, for smaller companies such as yourself which will give you an easy entry into the system and allow you to grow with us.

If you would like to discuss this further, please call on 07799117474.

As for Yorkie, many thanks for the recommendation, and if there is anything we can do to help you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me on the above number

Peter
Diplomat Data Systems Ltd.

peter,
the only thing in diplomat I find interesting is that workaholic Jason and he hates me so there is no future there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:08 pm 

Yorkie wrote:
peter,
the only thing in diplomat I find interesting is that workaholic Jason and he hates me so there is no future there

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:29 am 

Yorkie wrote:

Geoff, nobody is beyond redemption.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:52 pm 

Cgull wrote:
I heard or read loads on the data systems out there. But Im still not sure what is best or best for value for money.
So what is the best value for money and why?
Or are they all much of a muchness?

Take a long look at Cordic System, I could not find anything to match so I bought their system. I did the maths based on 10 cars over 5 years and it worked for me. We went live Oct 2003 and used it over the Xmas period and everyone on our circuit was very happy with the system.

Post subject: Take A Look at Cordic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:45 pm 

No hard sell. Reasonable price, I won't say cheap because I hate paying for anything. Only had it two months but very pleased with results. The navigator system it comes with is a god send for new drivers, also as all cars are owned by the company, drivers can't do jobs without me knowing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:58 am 
Big Baza wrote:
No hard sell. Reasonable price, I won't say cheap because I hate paying for anything. Only had it two months but very pleased with results. The navigator system it comes with is a god send for new drivers, also as all cars are owned by the company, drivers can't do jobs without me knowing.

everbody and baza
its been repeated that systems are good beccause no one complained at christmas,

ok good there are 52 weeks of the year not just 2

do drivers complain in January?