Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cordic Sytem
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:55 am 

New customer of 2 months. Have found excelent support. New chanes are fantastic. If anyone is near Jnc 26 on M25 happy to give working demo.

Post subject: Cordic System
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:10 pm 

Hi Big Baza,
I am also very satisfield customer and happy to show off my new toys.
If you get to Poole pop in. We can exchange ideals and tips. A User group would be a great way to support each other and develope the system.
T.

Post subject: Cordic Support
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:37 pm 

What I find with Cordic, that they take note of your views and if it is something they beleive is an improovement they change it. One of the latest changes, click on a driver or a job and up pops a map showing where the driver is and not only that, the speed he/she is travelling. There are still a few changes I would like to see, but Rome wasn't built in a day. What do other operators think of a POP up message to all drivers. Could be hand warning of speed traps of traffice delays.

Post subject: Re: Cordic Support
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:58 am 

Big Baza wrote:
What I find with Cordic, that they take note of your views and if it is something they beleive is an improovement they change it. One of the latest changes, click on a driver or a job and up pops a map showing where the driver is and not only that, the speed he/she is travelling. There are still a few changes I would like to see, but Rome wasn't built in a day. What do other operators think of a POP up message to all drivers. Could be hand warning of speed traps of traffice delays.

Yes the ongoing developement is great. I keep a list of things that I think would make the system better for my particular operation and they take all this onboard and look at requests from all their other customers and those that are compatable and can be done are done. My current "nag" is to have jobs posted to the XDA for say the next hour and drivers can then decide if they wish to wait in that area, this is complicated to do because of the need to match cars and attributes. It is no good having 7 seater or w/c jobs posted to a saloon cars XDA. The developement team are looking at ways to post by attribute in the same way that jobs are fired according to attributes. The new "Emergency" button was very well recieved but everyone hopes they never need to use it. The new "callback" note is also very popular, simple but very effective.
In the long term I would like to see a link to the taximeter, Bluetooth should make that easier to achieve. I would also like a "ghost" job created for hackneys when they do a walk-up or flagdown it would make checking drivers payin sheets easier. Have you any other pet enhancements ?
T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:49 am 
I would like to book one of the Poole taxis as I am working in Poole next week. This system sounds facinating. I would like to see it from the passengers perspective. What is the booking number?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:53 pm 
Curious wrote:
I would like to book one of the Poole taxis as I am working in Poole next week. This system sounds facinating. I would like to see it from the passengers perspective. What is the booking number?

tried yellow pages?

Post subject: Re: Cordic Support
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:06 pm 

PooleTaxis wrote:
The new "callback" note is also very popular, simple but very effective.

I just wish the firm I work with used it a bit more.

They pay all that money for it, yet the operators seem scared to use it.

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject: Possible Improovements
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:36 pm 

I would like to see when a driver calls in a 'No Show' the system automatically cancels the job and he/she goes back to the top of the plot. On invoicing, when a job is cancelled the customer should not be invoiced. More?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:54 pm 

Big Baza wrote:
I would like to see when a driver calls in a 'No Show' the system automatically cancels the job and he/she goes back to the top of the plot. On invoicing, when a job is cancelled the customer should not be invoiced. More?

Hi BB.
The return to top of queue is now available, operator can put driver back and on any Q.
Auto cancel on "No Show" could be abused and drivers need to be "encouraged" to be patient, some claim a "no show" if the customer doesnt leap into the car within 2 seconds of thier arrival. I prefer to keep it under Operator control.
The Job can be removed from the invoice list when it is verified, and will not appear on driver or customer list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:47 am 

Anonymous wrote:
Curious wrote:

tried yellow pages?

Yes I tried Yellow pages and the only two businesses in Poole that I could find calling themselves Poole taxis did not have the Cordic system or any data system for that matter.
(There is a sales lead for Cordic)

Please can you advise me of the phone number so we can use your services whilst working in Poole. As we are very interested in seeing it from the driver / passenger perspective.

Also Big Bazza if you are in the Poole Bournemouth area would love to use your company also.

Thanks M8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:32 pm 
Stewart wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Curious wrote:

tried yellow pages?

Yes I tried Yellow pages and the only two businesses in Poole that I could find calling themselves Poole taxis did not have the Cordic system or any data system for that matter.
(There is a sales lead for Cordic)

Please can you advise me of the phone number so we can use your services whilst working in Poole. As we are very interested in seeing it from the driver / passenger perspective.

Also Big Bazza if you are in the Poole Bournemouth area would love to use your company also.

Thanks M8

Try Poole (Licensed) Taxis Ltd, We are in Yellow Pages and have the Cordic System. Send me your tel. number and I will arrange a demo.
T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:04 pm 
You must be thinking of a different Yellow pages.
This is all I could find on Yell

1st Choice Airport Tranfers
19, Coles Gardens
Poole Dorset
BH15 4DX

Atlas Private Hire
38, Sandyhurst Close
Poole Dorset
BH17 9JS

Come Lucky Cars
175, Verity Crescent
Poole Dorset
BH17 8TX

Ariel Taxis
164, Ashley Rd
Poole Dorset
BH14 9BY

Black & White Radio Taxis
6, Milestone Rd
Poole Dorset
BH15 3DS

Tarrant's Taxis
4, Turbary Rd
Poole Dorset
BH12 4HB

Express Cars
292, Wimborne Rd
Poole Dorset
BH15 3EF

Dial-a-Cab Poole
76, Wimborne Rd
Poole Dorset
BH15 2BZ

AB Travel
38, Sandyhurst Close
Poole Dorset
BH17 9JS

Parkstone Cars
15, Mayfield Avenue Parkstone
Poole Dorset
BH14 9NY

Poole Radio Cabs
16, Didcot Rd,Nuffield Estate
Poole Dorset
BH17 0GD

Hillside Cars Poole
43, Pound Lane
Poole Dorset
BH12 3RR

Allport Autos
42, Felton Rd
Poole Dorset
BH14 0QS

Poole Town Taxis
76, Kitchener Crescent
Poole Dorset
BH17 7HX

Now please give me the phone number of the booking office.
All I want to do is book a cab.

Cheers M8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:06 pm 
"You must be thinking of a different Yellow pages. "

Try page 1564, its in BOLD, amonst all the others that begin with P.
Why not post your number and I will ring you.
Mystery shopper?[/quote][/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:49 pm 
Why not just put it on this thread ?
Then whoever wants to book a cab can do so anytime they want.
Cheers
s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:48 pm 

But he might not be based in Poole, just using that as a poster name.

And although I love work to death, there is no way I'm going to put my number on here, so I'm not that surprised he doesn't. :wink: