Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 21
townhalltaxis wrote:
Have you got a pic of the booking screen, does it link customer phone numbers and bring booking screen up with a list of there destinations also txt back and ring back


Yes it does all of the above


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 214
b.a.t wrote:
We are now offering free vehicle tracking units worth over £300.00 each to everyone who joins our app all you pay for is the data which is £5 a month.

Our members can have either phone tracking which comes free with the app, or full vehicle tracking for better accuracy.
Passenger's will be able to see exactly where their taxi is and book their nearest taxi directly from the map .


That's 5yrs before you recover the cost of the tracking unit. Is there a tie in?

But that's the tracking unit to which you allude is optional, is there a further charge for using the app to either driver or passenger? How much?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 21
Cabhappy wrote:
b.a.t wrote:
We are now offering free vehicle tracking units worth over £300.00 each to everyone who joins our app all you pay for is the data which is £5 a month.

Our members can have either phone tracking which comes free with the app, or full vehicle tracking for better accuracy.
Passenger's will be able to see exactly where their taxi is and book their nearest taxi directly from the map .


That's 5yrs before you recover the cost of the tracking unit. Is there a tie in?

But that's the tracking unit to which you allude is optional, is there a further charge for using the app to either driver or passenger? How much?

Hello cab happy

The obd Ii plug and play tracking unit is free & It's on pay as you go.
Google, obd ii plug and play tracking, the cheapest you will find are about £400 plus a tenner month. We're giving these away for free to our members.
There are no tie ins.
There are no further charges of any kind to use the app or to get jobs from the app. All you pay for are the text alerts for the text back. Pm me your details and I'll send you some trackers for each of your cars to try out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22440
Location: A City near Birmingham
b.a.t wrote:
Cabhappy wrote:
Just use cabapp. 50p a job and costs nothing to obtain has all you will ever need.
Even earn some cash back.

Promote it locally yourself and take advantage of it being nationally promoted.

Must be licenced taxi though. No PH.


At 50p a job
Per car that's a whopping £50 quid a week if you do a 100 jobs.



100 jobs at £10 a time?.....£50 rent....ours £150 a week....

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 21
Hey cab app where are you getting your figures from

A 100 jobs on our new app will cost £20 with no other charges. No charges for extra cars or jobs or drivers. No rent. No set up fees.
Track via the app or we will give you a tracker for free. On payg We'll be ready to launch in a few weeks so if anyone wants to sign up send me a pm & I'll be in touch.

We're going run this different to other taxi App's see below for more details.

1. We're going to run this the same as freight exchange sites where members can post their over spill to other members.subcontract jobs to other members. Passenger's will be able to select their nearest driver from a map.

2. All new members must be licensed

3. On most of these taxi apps out there you have pay for this pay for that pay for updates pay for extra drivers or cars pay rent. On our app you pay for the text back & nothing else

4. It will also work as an online taxi directory. If someone Google's taxi's in kelso or Luton etc. Then our members will show on the results. Because again unlike other taxi apps we will not be running a closed site. Our members want to be seen.

5. You will also be able to do courier jobs on the app complete with job allocation & electronic signature capture for POD'S

Where else can you get all this and a whole lot more for 20p per job.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22440
Location: A City near Birmingham
b.a.t wrote:

1. We're going to run this the same as freight exchange sites where members can post their over spill to other members.subcontract jobs to other members. Passenger's will be able to select their nearest driver from a map.




having been on Courier Exchange for many years you need to send jobs out to the cars....

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 21
Yeah cars will be alerted by text and email alerts as soon as a job is posted within a 5 mile radius of there current position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22440
Location: A City near Birmingham
b.a.t wrote:
Yeah cars will be alerted by text and email alerts as soon as a job is posted within a 5 mile radius of there current position


bulk texts still cost what 2p each?

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 21
What's the question ?

If you can get me texts for 2p each I'll buy from you rather than my current supplier


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22440
Location: A City near Birmingham
b.a.t wrote:
What's the question ?

If you can get me texts for 2p each I'll buy from you rather than my current supplier


they should be obsolete by now, given messenger/data/push actually works

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 21
I know but you won't believe how many people haven't got a smartphone or even a phone that you can actually add a decent alert that you can hear for emails.

That's one of the reasons why texts are still the only way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 3209
Location: Plymouth
b.a.t wrote:
Yeah cars will be alerted by text and email alerts as soon as a job is posted within a 5 mile radius of there current position

But you will be up a creek and lacking a paddle if nobody wants to take the job won't you?

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 21
No if it can't be covered then it can't be covered.

I'll give you an example. If someone phones you looking for a taxi in 5 minutes and you tell them it'll be an hour your not obligated to be their in 5 minutes are you.
And that's where a lot of these other taxi apps fall down & fail, because they promise the passenger a taxi in a few minutes.
Anyone booking a taxi on our app will know that if they haven't received a text within 5 minutes from the driver then they should look elsewhere.
This is part of the text back service.

And apart from that, passenger's will be able to see available taxis & book them on a map. The drivers have a drivers app to update their status, which changes their color & driver status on the map.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18253
b.a.t wrote:
No if it can't be covered then it can't be covered.

I'll give you an example. If someone phones you looking for a taxi in 5 minutes and you tell them it'll be an hour your not obligated to be their in 5 minutes are you.
And that's where a lot of these other taxi apps fall down & fail, because they promise the passenger a taxi in a few minutes.
Anyone booking a taxi on our app will know that if they haven't received a text within 5 minutes from the driver then they should look elsewhere.
This is part of the text back service.

And apart from that, passenger's will be able to see available taxis & book them on a map. The drivers have a drivers app to update their status, which changes their color & driver status on the map.

WHAT! you expect the customer to wait 5 minutes just to see if the job can be done???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22440
Location: A City near Birmingham
grandad wrote:
WHAT! you expect the customer to wait 5 minutes just to see if the job can be done???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



why not, they have to wait if your 30 minutes late!

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group