Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: taxi booking systems...?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:03 pm 

hey guys, i was hoping someone could help me, my company still lives in the stone age and we send out bookings via smoke signals, we are 30-40 drivers strong and we are looking at getting a computer system, so i wanted varying opinions on the options available.
obviously we want the cloud system with texting and call back and is there a system that can restrict bookings to make sure you cant intentionally overbook yourself?
i shouldn't be controlling much longer as i have been waiting 6 weeks for my DBS check to come back but when i get on the road i would prefer a more up to date system so i'm pushing to get one asap.

any help would be much appreciated :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:24 pm 

betchers wrote:
hey guys, i was hoping someone could help me, my company still lives in the stone age and we send out bookings via smoke signals, we are 30-40 drivers strong and we are looking at getting a computer system, so i wanted varying opinions on the options available.
obviously we want the cloud system with texting and call back and is there a system that can restrict bookings to make sure you cant intentionally overbook yourself?
i shouldn't be controlling much longer as i have been waiting 6 weeks for my DBS check to come back but when i get on the road i would prefer a more up to date system so i'm pushing to get one asap.

Give Bill at Datamaster a PM, he's a member on here. Have a look at his system, basically it does what it says on the tin.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:24 pm 

betchers wrote:

Have a look at as many as you can, but don't buy until you have been to two similar sized firms using that system.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:55 pm 

cheers guys, i will let them know and will have a gander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:06 pm 

Try these guys, we found them very helpful when taking our first steps in data dispatch. Just going through the sign up procedure

http://www.digital-dispatch.co.uk/taxibook/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:00 pm 

betchers wrote:

I think there are systems that can help you in this direction. But I have not seen any that can restrict you from "INTENTIONALLY" overbooking yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:38 pm 

i know of a company who does that in this area to hoard the work, which in turn has given it a bad rep for being late, we dont want to go down that path.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:00 pm 

Just to reiterate what’s already been said, no manual system will actually stop you from taking booking when “it” thinks it’s too busy.
We very often go into companies at busy times and see the booking graph well into the red but if the staff say “that’s ok we’ve got everything covered” then who are we to argue.
The fully automated parts like IVR and app bookings do have defined overbooking limits but even then most choose to divert these to an operator who can make the final decision whether or not to accept it.

Bill :)