Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 845
bill_datamaster wrote:
There's a very good reason why all the dispatch programs work this way and it's certainly not because it can't be done any differently. We like all the other software providers see a much bigger overall picture of the working methods in the taxi industry. We see what works well and what doesn't and I can say without a shadow of doubt that companies that attempt to balance driver earnings are always less successful. This is not an opinion, it's a fact!

Using auto-dispatch, the law of averages say's that over a period of time, all your drivers should earn pretty much the same but if they don't then you need to look towards the driver rather than question the laws of physics. Also you need to bear in mind that if you're going to try to ensure that your best driver only earns the same as your worst then there's little point in anyone making any real effort for themselves or for your company.

If your plans are to expand then trust me, you need to adopt the same methods and techniques used by the larger successful companies who's focus is customer service.

Bill


=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Everyone just wants a fair share of the cake.(pun intended!)
If all drivers are treated as equals, you'll have happier drivers and retain the better drivers instead of having a high turnover of drivers, and you never know, you may even attract new drivers!
The only way to beat uber is by giving a better level of service and the only way of doing this is through office staff being polite, courteous and honest ( with their timings), together with decent DRIVERS. As they say in the egg industry, happy drivers, happy customers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9831
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
Would I work within a company who feeds certain drivers and the owners are in on the gig? Would I fuck as like. I hope you crash and burn.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:51 am
Posts: 8
Nidge2 wrote:
Would I work within a company who feeds certain drivers and the owners are in on the gig? Would I fuck as like. I hope you crash and burn.



What is wrong with people on here? If you have a point to make then lets debate it but personal attacks are uncalled for.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:51 am
Posts: 8
Coopers wrote:
Btw, any system will permit you to create a job type, ie 'company car' . Then all jobs booked with the tag company car will ensure that those designated jobs will only reach company cars. As with other responses here though, ide be very wary of upsetting your owner drivers. We found that owner drivers give give higher levels of customer service than company drivers. To the extent that we eventually eradicated all company drivers in favour of 100% owner drivers.


Thanks Coopers, your advice and information is much appreciated. I agree that the owner drivers are usually of a higher calibre but it is difficult to eradicate company drivers currently due to the merger. The shareholders have discussed this and we want to work towards the goal of just having owner drivers apart from a few i.e. 8 seaters and a couple of executive cars for large account customers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:51 am
Posts: 8
Does anyone have any experience with iCabbi in relation to what is being discussed here?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 10477
Location: Scotland
Midcabs wrote:
Hi,

We are merging three taxi companies in the next couple of months and want to get a taxi dispatch system that will be suitable. The new company will have around 120 cars.

Currently two of the companies are using DataMaster but we want a fresh start and are looking at other systems that seem to have more features.

The main issue for us is dispatching work fairly to drivers as merging three taxi companies that have been family run could have complications. The drivers are used to getting a certain level of work that would need to be maintained. Is there a system that we could use to set limits for drivers e.g. we could set the revenue per driver at say £15 per hour and the system dispatches work accordingly.

We don't want to be in a situation where certain drivers are earning £25 to £30 per hour and others are only earning £10 to £15 per hour in the infancy of the new company.

Also the new entity will have around 20 company owned vehicles, is it possible to have a system that would automatically give preferential work to the drivers of these vehicles.

Basically we need a system that would allow us to configure settings for each driver if that is a possibility.

Any help to decide would be appreciated.


I would be more worried about the outcome of the UBER high court appeal, you might just have to employ them all


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9831
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
Midcabs wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
Would I work within a company who feeds certain drivers and the owners are in on the gig? Would I fuck as like. I hope you crash and burn.



What is wrong with people on here? If you have a point to make then lets debate it but personal attacks are uncalled for.



The point being made is, "you want to feed certain drivers" and let the others sweep up the mess. You are in the wrong business I'm afraid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Chorley
Try talking to Tony at Millers in Preston, he's got a 250 car fleet on icabbi. We priced icabbi but it was significantly more expensive than datamaster and offered no obvious advantages. Cordic also expensive but I've no insight at all on their system. Best thing is do what wr did, visit Google play store, punch in the name of the system provider then see how many cab firms come up that use it, then call them for advice. I did this with Autocab and datamaster. Everyone had a negative for autocab but all datamaster customers were happy bunnies!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:07 am
Posts: 2538
Location: Hampshire (HC)
Let the system work as it's designed to. Use standards and discipline to weed out unwanted drivers. One or two of the company drivers will be better than one or two of the owner drivers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:39 am
Posts: 275
Location: Southport
The skill of being a good/half decent private hire driver has all but gone since these new data dispatch systems came along, now it seems as though every driver seems to do the same amount of jobs during a shift where as before a good private hire driver would be able to do more.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 424
Location: Warrington Cheshire
That's very true because these days whether your a good or bad driver it make no difference as everyone gets the exactly the same opportunity. Good drivers can earn a bit more by not turning up late, refusing work or taking longer breaks etc and that's how it should be.

Where attempts are made to balance earnings in real time, the driver is often not the most logical choice and this results in the customer waiting longer.
I've seen drivers sitting virtually at the pickup not being given the work because they've just had a good job while another is dragged half way across town.
We routinely monitor companies working right across the UK and I can tell you it's painful watching it being done this way.

Leaving aside the fact that all incentive to do better have been removed, taking a lot longer to pickup than others in a service industry isn't a great business idea and inevitably results in the need to drop prices in order to remain competitive.

I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business but just to share my experience of seeing both methods in operation.


Bill :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Chorley
If the company is healthy and busy, which I expect it is,then the 20 company cars are going to earn lots anyway. But any attempt to give them significantly more than their fair share shall cast doubts in the minds of owner drivers. Then the extra revenue raised by the company cars WILL be negated by owner drivers leaving. I'm hoping you don't see this as a nasty dig like some others on this thread, it's just sound advice but most of all its a fact.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Chorley
Btw midcabs, we did extensive research before opting for datamasters system. Based on economics and the fact that it is well developed we chose it. Why pay £2.50 to £3.00 per week per car when you can pay £1.00 per car per month, yes, month! It's a no brainer. It's saved us money, stopped drivers taking the pi55 with all the little cheats they could get away with before, and as a result they are taking more now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9831
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
Coopers wrote:
Btw midcabs, we did extensive research before opting for datamasters system. Based on economics and the fact that it is well developed we chose it. Why pay £2.50 to £3.00 per week per car when you can pay £1.00 per car per month, yes, month! It's a no brainer. It's saved us money, stopped drivers taking the pi55 with all the little cheats they could get away with before, and as a result they are taking more now.



=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:21 pm
Posts: 1
Midcabs wrote:
Hi,

We are merging three taxi companies in the next couple of months and want to get a taxi dispatch system that will be suitable. The new company will have around 120 cars.

Currently two of the companies are using DataMaster but we want a fresh start and are looking at other systems that seem to have more features.

The main issue for us is dispatching work fairly to drivers as merging three taxi companies that have been family run could have complications. The drivers are used to getting a certain level of work that would need to be maintained. Is there a system that we could use to set limits for drivers e.g. we could set the revenue per driver at say £15 per hour and the system dispatches work accordingly.

We don't want to be in a situation where certain drivers are earning £25 to £30 per hour and others are only earning £10 to £15 per hour in the infancy of the new company.

Also the new entity will have around 20 company owned vehicles, is it possible to have a system that would automatically give preferential work to the drivers of these vehicles.

Basically we need a system that would allow us to configure settings for each driver if that is a possibility.

Any help to decide would be appreciated.



Hey It's really good to hear that you are merging the cab companies. I guess this is right decision at right time to compete with On-demand start ups like Uber. We have a comprehensive dispatch system called TaxiMobility which allows drivers to get near by ride requests so that you can map which locations your drivers are getting more request in Super Admin panel what we provide. So you don't wanna worry about the idle drivers and you can balance ride request using the dispatch system.

_________________
Uber Clone - Software for Taxi Companies


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group