Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: magenta echo...?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:59 pm 

Good evening all,
Does anybody have any information regarding the aforementioned system?

the company is finally looking at getting rid of pen and paper for good, I have looked at a few systems but this seems to be the one they want so they have asked me to find out more information about it, the website does give enough positive information but as we all know there are always down sides to these things so I have called upon you all for help.

thanks

Post subject: Re: magenta echo...?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:44 pm 

betchers wrote:
Good evening all,
Does anybody have any information regarding the aforementioned system?

the company is finally looking at getting rid of pen and paper for good, I have looked at a few systems but this seems to be the one they want so they have asked me to find out more information about it, the website does give enough positive information but as we all know there are always down sides to these things so I have called upon you all for help.

thanks

Give Bill a PM, he owns a company called Datamaster. He won't have your pants down when it comes to price.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:27 am 

All websites give positive information, that's their design brief. Don't be taken in by it, make sure to make enquiries about who is using what and how they are getting on with the product and the company. We recently switched from Autocab (very slick website, awful company to deal with) to Datamaster, who have a much simpler website but a better product ( in our experience ) and a superb and very reassuring approach to customer service.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:39 am 

Hi all,

I am not looking to be a pushy salesperson at all but I've seen the messages below and might be able to help. I work for Sherlock Taxi, and we support taxi fleets across the world from small start-ups to the biggest brands such as LeCab in Paris and Addison Lee, London. If you would be interested in finding out more about us then please visit www.sherlocktaxi.com or you can email me on he@haulmont.com to arrange a system demo.

If you just have a few questions, then I am also happy to help out via this message board if you prefer.

Thank you.
Helen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:02 pm 

What does your system do that others don't?

I often wonder if the market is a bit crowded with firms selling basically the same stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:03 pm 

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I take your point about a crowded market offering very similar products but we definitely do have some stand out features and our approach is quite different to other companies in that we are flexible and offer bespoke development to all our clients. I am a little bit conscious of going into a lot of detail here as I think this forum isn't really for companies to sell themselves and I don't really want to hijack it for that!

Perhaps if you could give me your email or contact me at he@haulmont.com then I could explain how we are different to our competitors - then if you find that information useful then you would be more than welcome to share it on the forum yourself too.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks
Helen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:48 pm 

Are you better than DataMaster ?
End of debate.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:45 am 

sasha wrote:
Are you better than DataMaster ?
End of debate.

Hi Sasha,

Better, yes - cheaper, no :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:13 pm 

Cheaper no....

Better, well we've not really seen each other software i'm betting.

but i do see customers & non customers highly recommending us

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:36 pm 

Economics play a huge part in running a taxi business, especially a taxi business where overheads are high. Datamaster has proved that a fully featured and very clever system doesn't have to be so expensive. I'm not making any reference to the other post here, but I do think that some software providers overvalue themselves. Especially our previous one!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:03 am 

Coopers wrote:
Economics play a huge part in running a taxi business, especially a taxi business where overheads are high. Datamaster has proved that a fully featured and very clever system doesn't have to be so expensive. I'm not making any reference to the other post here, but I do think that some software providers overvalue themselves. Especially our previous one!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am 

Absolutely agree that economics plays an important part in running a taxi business which is why we charge using a licence fee model so that businesses always get system updates without paying any extra costs and therefore, the business' IT will never become redundant or out-of-date.

A few key things about us:

1) Auto allocator - there's plenty of providers out there talking about their auto-allocation but ours can actually automate dispatch by up to 100% if you want it to - freeing up controllers to pro-actively deal with any issues that may arise. It is also great because it makes our customers' fleets more efficient as the computer works out the best use of the fleet as a whole when considering each allocation decision and obviously eliminates human error.

2) We are flexible - unlike other companies, we haven't got a big sales team. We actually only have three non-technical members of the team here in the UK and then a team of over 50 software developers working on Sherlock full-time so we are constantly updating the product and responding to changes in the industry and customer requests. We are also happy to do bespoke development for our customers and have plenty of resource for this.

3) Taxi people - Mike, who manages Sherlock actually worked at Addison Lee for over 15 years and so did Paul, our founder. My colleague, Adam, has also worked at GreenTomatoCars, the second largest minicab company in London for over 10 years in a variety of ops roles. The point here is that we are taxi people that have gone into software - not the other way around. This basically means that we understand how different taxi businesses work and build our software to suit your business needs rather than customers having to adapt their processes to fit in with what we have got.

I'm happy to explain a bit more about this or give anybody a system demo if it is of interest.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:04 pm 

No, you/they are not taxi people ,you're private hire people!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:44 pm 

x-ray wrote:
No, you/they are not taxi people ,you're private hire people!

Fair enough - incorrect language on my part but you understand what I mean! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 pm 

Hi Helen,

It seems you and your company have a lot of experience in private hire in London, good stuff... Do you know who did the development for Addison Lee and migrate them from ROCS before you guys offered support service? Greentomatocars - another great company, I remember they were on Cordic but replaced it... Who is their current software vendor?

D.