Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43343
Location: 1066 Country
sasha wrote:
westside1 wrote:
As regards the beeping, turn the volume down,
How ? I can change the volume on the phone but the icabbie app seems to override it and blasts at full volume. I cant find any option to change it !

I suppose it depends what phone you use.

We have a volume button that you press and then move with your fingers the volume line across to the required volume.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43343
Location: 1066 Country
wannabeeahack wrote:
ok... ref icabbie

can it be set to put jobs to certain cars, types of cars or designated cars or would feeding require operator intereference?


any ideas if it - on auto - keeps cars in certain plots or favours certain plots, or would it send work to next car waiting?


for the 1st month it was fine/fair.... seems its been hacked by the budgies now

Most of what you said can only be done via operator's fingers.

But you can give different drivers different options i.e. pets, multi-seater, women, etc etc.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:35 pm
Posts: 1811
Sussex wrote:
We have a volume button that you press and then move with your fingers the volume line across to the required volume.
Is that on one of icabbies screens or on the actual phone ? I can change the phone volume, and in icabbie change the brightness but not the volume (or at least I cant find an option). Changing the phone volume doesn't affect icabbies loudness ! :sad:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43343
Location: 1066 Country
sasha wrote:
Is that on one of icabbies screens or on the actual phone ?

Autocab on a phone.

But another local firm using Icabbi have the same phone.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22095
Location: A City near Birmingham
Our pda is a samsung J3 which is the same phone I have

and icabbi app for drivers is on it but the base wont let me access it

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43343
Location: 1066 Country
wannabeeahack wrote:
Our pda IS A SAMSUNG PHONE SAME AS I HAVE AND I CAN DOWNLOAD TO MY PHONE A DRIVER APP FROM ICABBI

That has got to be the way forward.

But I'm not sure the driver app from Autocab or ICabbi are available on IOS.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22095
Location: A City near Birmingham
Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
Our pda IS A SAMSUNG PHONE SAME AS I HAVE AND I CAN DOWNLOAD TO MY PHONE A DRIVER APP FROM ICABBI

That has got to be the way forward.

But I'm not sure the driver app from Autocab or ICabbi are available on IOS.


id be happy tto, and use my data but the boss cant understand it

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22095
Location: A City near Birmingham
Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
ok... ref icabbie

can it be set to put jobs to certain cars, types of cars or designated cars or would feeding require operator intereference?


any ideas if it - on auto - keeps cars in certain plots or favours certain plots, or would it send work to next car waiting?


for the 1st month it was fine/fair.... seems its been hacked by the budgies now

Most of what you said can only be done via operator's fingers.

But you can give different drivers different options i.e. pets, multi-seater, women, etc etc.



the "press 1 to book a cab asap" isnt liked by many

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:01 am
Posts: 133
Like All systems if not set up right will not do all the things you want so if you set up the system once a driver refuses the job it does not go back to him you can do that also you can set a time scale of when the refused job goes back to the same driver eg after 30 seconds on the navigation you can have different navigation's set up to use google maps, Waze, Ndrive etc the beeping can be annoying but most drivers turn the volume down for us moving from Auriga to Icabbi was a godsend have had the system for 4 years i can honestly say its the best decision we ever made


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:00 am
Posts: 507
labraiz wrote:
Like All systems if not set up right will not do all the things you want so if you set up the system once a driver refuses the job it does not go back to him you can do that also you can set a time scale of when the refused job goes back to the same driver eg after 30 seconds on the navigation you can have different navigation's set up to use google maps, Waze, Ndrive etc the beeping can be annoying but most drivers turn the volume down for us moving from Auriga to Icabbi was a godsend have had the system for 4 years i can honestly say its the best decision we ever made



I hate it
Can i ask u fo any of your company drivers have cctv fitted by autoglass


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22095
Location: A City near Birmingham
Icabbi "my bookings" keeps no shows and cancelled jobs with no indication you didnt earn off them.......

the taxman wont buy that

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22095
Location: A City near Birmingham
icabbi............

base can stack jobs up on a car...........trouble is any IVR jobs can sneak in and push the stack back even if theres no destination........which kinda fecks it all

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22095
Location: A City near Birmingham
we are having more no shows with icabbi because we end up running late and the passengers have vanished

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:00 am
Posts: 507
Since we got it dec 16 its been nothing but a nitemare

Incredibly frustrating
The office staff have left in droves some long term operators all left now we play musical chairs every few weeks with another new one

Cant stand icabbie its juank


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iCabbie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Chorley
We recently took a full time owner driver from an icabbi operator near Blackpool as it was driving him nuts. Maybe they don't help as much with system set up? With Datamaster, they spend a week with a company ( day & night) to find out how that company operates, then they help with system set up until all bases are covered and that the system has no misgivings.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group