Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:21 am 

listen tom my company cars have had several breaking this week and radios nicked

its a sore point with me to see touts on this site offering to buy seccond hand radios

Hello Guest,
So just because your company cars where broken into and radios stolen you dont like too see people offering to buy 2nd hand radios. Are you implying that I buy stolen equipment then Mr Guest?

It seems to me that you have one very large chip on your shoulder and if I owned a company and had as many radios stolen as you then I would certainly be looking at talking to the police as its obvious someone has some sort of vendetta against your company. Maybe its becuase of your attitude towards people that your having this sort of problem.

Have you every bought 2nd hand radios Mr Guest? Or do you just always buy new equipment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:50 am 

Now got it down to two.

Either the short guy with glasses from over the border or Ginge from outer Manchester.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:42 pm 

Radioman.

All the publicity on the mis-selling of insurance and pensions by commission based sales-persons has left me feeling that I could not trust any commission based advice. Please post your scale of charges and fees for you services.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:07 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Hello Guest,
So just because your company cars where broken into and radios stolen you dont like too see people offering to buy 2nd hand radios. Are you implying that I buy stolen equipment then Mr Guest?

It seems to me that you have one very large chip on your shoulder and if I owned a company and had as many radios stolen as you then I would certainly be looking at talking to the police as its obvious someone has some sort of vendetta against your company. Maybe its becuase of your attitude towards people that your having this sort of problem.

Have you every bought 2nd hand radios Mr Guest? Or do you just always buy new equipment?

of course we have talked to the police, and yes there is a vendetta.

miss the point chappie, you have not once said how you know your stock bought is legit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:17 pm 

PooleTaxis wrote:
Radioman.

All the publicity on the mis-selling of insurance and pensions by commission based sales-persons has left me feeling that I could not trust any commission based advice. Please post your scale of charges and fees for you services.

I dont work on any sort of commision based advice. I work for the CUSTOMER not the SUPPLIER. Totally differant situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:21 pm 

of course we have talked to the police, and yes there is a vendetta.

miss the point chappie, you have not once said how you know your stock bought is legit

I am glad that you have spoken with the police and also that you have said its a vendetta, it certainly sounds like one to me.

I require receipts off of people when buying equipment and I note down serial numbers etc. I take as many precautions as possible when buying equipment and I have never knowling bought stolen equipment.

You seem very paranoid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:35 am 

I used to be paranoid before everyone started having a go at me about it.

Do you really ask everyone for receipts for what they are selling. Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick? Do you mean receipts to prove they own the radios, or receipts to prove you purchased them?

Cos no one has ever asked us for proof of purchase receipts. I would be a bit insulted if they did !

Yorkie mate. Sorry to hear about your thefts. Do you insure your radios? Any help from the Police in stopping the attacks? Or are they acting like nuetred eunochs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:12 am 

Andy7 wrote:

Do you really ask everyone for receipts for what they are selling. Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick? Do you mean receipts to prove they own the radios, or receipts to prove you purchased them?

Cos no one has ever asked us for proof of purchase receipts. I would be a bit insulted if they did !

Yorkie mate. Sorry to hear about your thefts. Do you insure your radios? Any help from the Police in stopping the attacks? Or are they acting like nuetred eunochs?

Hi Andy
If I pay someone for equipment then I want a receipt from them listing the equipment and serial numbers. So its a receipt too prove that I purchased them.

I am also sorry to hear that Yorkie has had these sort of problems. He can do a few things in order too make it harder for anyone too sell the radios on, but if its a vendentta thing, they will most likely by throwing the radios in the bin.

Yorkie, drop me a PM and I will give you some hints/tips on what to do.

regards
Radioman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:31 am 
Radioman wrote:
PooleTaxis wrote:
Radioman.

I dont work on any sort of commision based advice. I work for the CUSTOMER not the SUPPLIER. Totally differant situation.

So what are your charges ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:00 am 
Andy7 wrote:

the police came round and we made a statement telling them who we thought it was.

no they said it was opportunist I ask him if hes taking the [edited by admin], and how come all thefts were from taxis and private hire vehicles owned by wmmcp

and that cars owned by bp were not touched?

I had to actually link the thefts for them.

police? they should be renamed the woodentops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:17 pm 

As I mentioned before, Yorkie. Sadly, I think the Police are fast bedoming a irrelevance in our society today.

Sad to hear of your problems mate.