Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:52 pm 

Old to the forum new to the message board

Hello

First of all great forum and great advise on here.

As you may read from the title this message is targeted at anyone looking to move from pen and paper to a computerized system. My name is Kam I purchased a taxi company in early 2013 ( after working in the industry for 10 years ). The company I purchased was running on good old pen paper and CB radio, after coming on to this forum and reading through the various advise I thought that to make my company grow and compete with other companies I needed to move with times and get a booking system in place ( the 2 companies I had worked for used a booking system )

So off I went with the calls and emails to various system providers, Finally i decided to commit and change to a booking system only to realize that I did quite need a system at the time, but that didn't stop me getting charged for a system. In the end I terminated my agreement with the software company and focused on building my business with what I had. In the process, i met a great team of software engineers.

It was then i came up with the idea that why not build a system from scratch using my knowledge of a booking system and the best test pilots for the driver the application. ( Now knowing this forum I will get absolutely hammered with comment of it won't work, others have tried and failed, its a money pit, leave it to the big boys ect ect ect )

and on some points, i agree...

it did fail

and it was a money pit.

But I kept it going, whenever it failed I found the faults and learnt from them and when it was needed I threw time, money and effort at it ( a system from the larger company would have been cheaper )

2 years development 10000's hours my company has its own up to date booking system running for 15 months and has the ability to stand up to any cloud-based system on the market.

I invite anyone looking to move to a dispatch system to come test it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pm 

It would seem that you may have managed to re-invent the wheel.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:21 pm 

Ide be most interested to see if it stacks up to our system. Where are you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:52 pm 

It says London.

Narrows it down a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:02 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
It says London.

Narrows it down a bit.

And just in case Skippy is about it's London, England. :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:03 am 

Why reinvent the wheel, we just took what was out there and improved it and made it more affordable.

I have been on this forum long enough to know what kind of response this kind of post will get.

But I for one know how great this forum is and how valuable these discussions are .

Note I did not try sell any product or try say hey I use this system anyone heard of it ect.

I asked for anyone looking to move from pen to paper to try our software to see if it works for us only, or will it work for any company.

We are a taxi company with driver like most of the guys on this forum . We have a product which is truly made from the ground up in a live environment.

In the process, if what we have created for our own company and benefit can help others in anyway.... Why not.

** If my post has come across as a sale pitch of any kind I have no issue with it being deleted **

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 am 

What does your system do that other systems don't do? Or what does your system do better than other systems?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:50 pm 

[quote][/quote]What does your system do that other systems don't do? Or what does your system do better than other systems?

Thank your for your question.

First of all our system is cloud-based, built for the cloud not build as a desktop system and tweaked to work as a cloud-based system. It is not built for the taxi industry, it is built by the industry.

The system is stable, robust, stress tested and forever improving.

it has most, if not more features than any other like for like system. driver app, call back, text back, apps, online booking, booking kiosk, call popping, bcm /voip intergration, accounting, driver commision.

the list goes on,

my company has been running on our system for over a year now, It the great asset to my company because it runs the way i need it to run.

My point was for companies moving from pen and paper to have a look if it would work for them in the same way, or am I just prasing something that only works for me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:21 pm 

kam-khan wrote:
Quote:
What does your system do that other systems don't do? Or what does your system do better than other systems?

Thank your for your question.

First of all our system is cloud-based, built for the cloud not build as a desktop system and tweaked to work as a cloud-based system. It is not built for the taxi industry, it is built by the industry.

The system is stable, robust, stress tested and forever improving.

it has most, if not more features than any other like for like system. driver app, call back, text back, apps, online booking, booking kiosk, call popping, bcm /voip intergration, accounting, driver commision.

the list goes on,

my company has been running on our system for over a year now, It the great asset to my company because it runs the way i need it to run.

My point was for companies moving from pen and paper to have a look if it would work for them in the same way, or am I just prasing something that only works for me.

Systems invented by companies sometimes are the best systems on the market. I'd like to see this working.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:48 pm 

Thank you Nidge, If anyone has the time, please Pm me i would give you access to a demo of the system just for User Interface feedback,

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:17 pm 

About 30 years ago we had no software and just provided data terminals that other software developers could integrate with. One large taxi outfit based in Southampton decided that their Auriga software wasn’t fully meeting their needs, so they employed a contract programmer to completely rewrite the code. The guy was good, but it took over a year to get it to where they wanted it to be.

The company had shelled out over 100k to develop the code and believed that with a product this good that people would be falling over to have the same thus allowing them to recoup some of the development costs. They confidently took a stand right next to us at one of the PH taxi exhibitions but despite all efforts didn’t manage to sell a single system. A year down the line the contract programmer was offered a lucrative job in the middle east and became increasingly difficult to contact so eventually the company was reluctantly forced to go back to a mainline software company.

The moral of this story (if there is one) is that software developed for one specific company, however good, is not necessarily right for everyone and without a solid established 24/7 backup / support network, companies could be putting their whole business at risk.

Hat's off though to Mr Kahn for the good intentions and best of luck with your plans.

Bill :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:33 pm 

Hi Bill

Thank you for your comments on this post.

in my previous post i mentioned that that software was made for my company to use how I wanted to, but saying that,while we where building the system, we realised that if we built it to our spec completley it would just be a software to be used by us, so what we did was have a look at all the major system at the time to see what if anyting we where missing, I had worked with many systems over the year to have a great idea of what was required of a system.

Our solution for this was to build a core system and base everything else on components and widgets, by doing this it would allow any size company to use our system add or remove parts which they may not require at the time. allowing the system to be tailor to each company in-house, no need to code and build another system everytime a new company decides to use us,

As far as support/ back up network we are cloud-based, each of our system runs on 3 servers, main/backup/s-mode

Support....... Well as I mentioned the system was built from the ground up, I do run my own taxi company my staff have seen the growth of this system from an idea to a working product and have exceptional knowledge of the system as a customer-facing product, We have Designers, programmers, Software architects and a great team.

I understand what you mean about putting companies at risk.

Bill i used my own company as a testing ground if anything I took the biggest risk of all, 2 years later I'm still here,

How many software companies can say that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:50 pm 

kam-khan wrote:
Hi Bill

Thank you for your comments on this post.

in my previous post i mentioned that that software was made for my company to use how I wanted to, but saying that,while we where building the system, we realised that if we built it to our spec completley it would just be a software to be used by us, so what we did was have a look at all the major system at the time to see what if anyting we where missing, I had worked with many systems over the year to have a great idea of what was required of a system.

Our solution for this was to build a core system and base everything else on components and widgets, by doing this it would allow any size company to use our system add or remove parts which they may not require at the time. allowing the system to be tailor to each company in-house, no need to code and build another system everytime a new company decides to use us,

As far as support/ back up network we are cloud-based, each of our system runs on 3 servers, main/backup/s-mode

Support....... Well as I mentioned the system was built from the ground up, I do run my own taxi company my staff have seen the growth of this system from an idea to a working product and have exceptional knowledge of the system as a customer-facing product, We have Designers, programmers, Software architects and a great team.

I understand what you mean about putting companies at risk.

Bill i used my own company as a testing ground if anything I took the biggest risk of all, 2 years later I'm still here,

How many software companies can say that.