Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wi-Fi for cars.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:36 pm 

I'm hitting a wee problem, the mobile phone signal out here in the sticks is very poor and patchy regardless of Phone network provider, so bad that in several of the Villages I can't use my Zettle card reader as it can't connent to a network via my mobile phone.

Do you good people know of a mobile Satellite Wi-Fi router system that can be used both by my Customers and myself to allow me to connect my phone by Wi-Fi anywhere to allow me to use my Zettle card reader.

I see a few 4G type Wi-fi options but I'f I cant use my phone for lack of a cell phone signal then i'll not can use these 4G Wi-Fi systems either.

any advice appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Wi-Fi for cars.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:26 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
I'm hitting a wee problem, the mobile phone signal out here in the sticks is very poor and patchy regardless of Phone network provider, so bad that in several of the Villages I can't use my Zettle card reader as it can't connent to a network via my mobile phone.

Do you good people know of a mobile Satellite Wi-Fi router system that can be used both by my Customers and myself to allow me to connect my phone by Wi-Fi anywhere to allow me to use my Zettle card reader.

I see a few 4G type Wi-fi options but I'f I cant use my phone for lack of a cell phone signal then i'll not can use these 4G Wi-Fi systems either.

any advice appreciated.

Caravans use satfi to keep connected not sure what boats use.
If I’m in a poor signal area I send a text payment on izettle when I’m back in range, but I usually know my customers, if not I take cash.

Post subject: Re: Wi-Fi for cars.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:11 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
If you have a look at some of the narrowboat vloggers on youtube they use them and often list equipment used in their blurb might be worth having a look

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !