Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Auriga
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:17 pm 
I thought I would start up this.
We have Auriga and it's good, expensive but good.
The sat is ok, but could be better.
Dont like there screens though, I hope one day they will have some sort of IPAC.
I expect it would cost bundles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:07 pm 

Well I just work the streets and only have experience with radios, but I hear Auriga is supposed to the labrador's favourite licking spot??

It's got to be better than some crackly old radio, with the controller difficult to understand even when you're sat next to him, asking if you're clear/what your position is every minute and a half, feeding cars, giving anyone who complains all the crap jobs blah blah blah...

Dusty :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:32 pm 

I think that all the radio systems should be two way, so all drivers can hear what's going on, all the time.

At the end of the day it's the driver indirectly that has to pay for all these posh data systems. So if he thinks he is being turned over, then surely it's down to the operator to prove otherwise.

Not down to the drivers to prove the obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:10 pm 

Sussex Man wrote:
I think that all the radio systems should be two way, so all drivers can hear what's going on, all the time.

I've worked under a two way system and in truth it doesn't improve things much:

- any 'cream' given out over the radio will not specify the destination, so you don't know the full SP.

- in any case the cream is given out verbally from the office, since the favoured drivers are always sitting around in the office anyway.

- failing either of the above, there's always the good old moblie phone.

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:54 pm 
Try the new XDA's they rock, full GPS credit card swipe the muts nuts as they say. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:58 am 
Sussex Man wrote:

At the end of the day it's the driver indirectly that has to pay for all these posh data systems. So if he thinks he is being turned over, then surely it's down to the operator to prove otherwise.

Not down to the drivers to prove the obvious.

that would place our communities under serious threat, nothing is abused more in northern england than 2 way radios.

as for the system dusty you clearly dont understand it feeding is no longer a problem.

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:54 am 

Wharfie wrote:
as for the system dusty you clearly dont understand it feeding is no longer a problem.

Wharfie

Please explain??

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:39 am 
Dusty Bin wrote:
Wharfie wrote:

Wharfie

Please explain??

Dusty

Well first of all I have no detailed knowledge of Auriga I only know its the touts favorite but I will try.

the bitch recieves the calls and feeds them into the computer, the boys in the cars draw the jobs down automaticaly on thier in car thingies based on the criterion fed into computer, (ours is nearest car to the job)

so there is no feeding cos its auto despach.
also the boy racers have the capability in ringing the customer when they are outside, it does other wonderful things like makes driver statements.

streamline in Brighton is no longer an organisation where feeding can take place.

but the bitch still has to make the tea the blasted kitt wont do that!
Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:57 am 

To a degree you are right Wharfy.

However until the operator presses the send button, the job is not a job.

So an operator could get the pukka job, remember the details, then press delete. This would then get passed onto her favorite driver etc etc.

Another way, but this one is easily traced, is to put the job either on hold, or directly send it to the favorite.

Perhaps this is why I get all the rubbish, cos I'm no-ones favorite. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:56 am 
Sussex Man wrote:
To a degree you are right Wharfy.

However until the operator presses the send button, the job is not a job.

So an operator could get the pukka job, remember the details, then press delete. This would then get passed onto her favorite driver etc etc.

Another way, but this one is easily traced, is to put the job either on hold, or directly send it to the favorite.

Perhaps this is why I get all the rubbish, cos I'm no-ones favorite. :cry:

if that is the case I have been seriously missled, and Auriga is not the system people bulled it up to be.

but just a heap of junk.

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:19 pm 
The only person who believes any system is fool proof is a fool.

Best way I have found to minimise the problem is to minimise the contact between control room and drivers.

You have more chance if yo have more in the control room.

Latest dodge, telephonist cancels bookings immediately after it is made, and then texts the cushy job to her lover.

How do you catch it, randomly monitor the plotting of each driver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:10 pm 
Tom Thumb wrote:
The only person who believes any system is fool proof is a fool.

Best way I have found to minimise the problem is to minimise the contact between control room and drivers.

You have more chance if yo have more in the control room.

Latest dodge, telephonist cancels bookings immediately after it is made, and then texts the cushy job to her lover.

How do you catch it, randomly monitor the plotting of each driver.

come on, come on, we are talking livelyhood and efficiency here!
what you have described is pure fraud
which one did you sack?

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:45 pm 

Wharfie wrote:
Well first of all I have no detailed knowledge of Auriga I only know its the touts favorite but I will try.

I was talking about two-way radio systems, innit??

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:50 pm 
Both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:29 pm 

We had a similar situation down here, where a driver and an operator just happened to be man and wife. :?

The man was a very busy man, alas on one very very long job, the customer left a suitcase in the back of the motor.

No problem he thought, I will ring the office, they can ring him to ask him to bring it back, and pay him the extra for his time.

Customer rang office, no record of job, thus no idea of which driver is doing it, thus unable to contact Mr Nobody.

Customers then describe driver and car to owner, thus man and wife are no-more.

Oh, and one lost very good punter. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next