Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:52 pm 

Hello all. I just wanted to ask everybody here. Is anybody using the internet to get bookings. Does anybody here have their own website to get bookings. I have heard from other drivers that on the internet it is easy to get long distance bookings for airports etc.

Please canybody advise what is the best website out there to get bookings from? I was thinking about using click a cab but i am sure there are other websites out there. Or is it best for me to set up my own website?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:09 pm 

Taxi1 12uk wrote:
Hello all. I just wanted to ask everybody here. Is anybody using the internet to get bookings.

I think it give kudos to a firm, but not sure how many folks book via the internet.

That said I picked someone up from a boat a while back, and they were mildly surprised to see me turn up as they booked via the net.

Nice job too. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:14 am 

i am sure a lot of people want to book taxis from the internet, just like anything else. everyone wants a good deal. for instance if you type in heathrow taxis into google you got like 20 different companies advertising to get business on the sponsored listings. And the sponsored listings on google do not come cheap.

Click a cab has sold most of its areas for taxis. someone told me with click a cab you can get 100's of enquiries a month.

So i dunno how you give a silly answer such as that people do not book on the net. Maybe you have never tried networking on the internet for taxi bookings in your area.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:19 am 

Taxi1 12uk wrote:
Click a cab has sold most of its areas for taxis. someone told me with click a cab you can get 100's of enquiries a month.

And someone told me Elvis is alive and living on the moon.

Ring up one of their areas and ask the operator how much work he gets out of this service.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:24 am 

Taxi1 12uk wrote:
So i dunno how you give a silly answer such as that people do not book on the net. Maybe you have never tried networking on the internet for taxi bookings in your area.

Maybe you're right and maybe I've lost myself a fortune. But it appears I'm the only mush who has responded to your post, and that wont happen again. Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:26 pm 

hi there. i think on this forum majority of people do not know how to make it in the taxi game, i think they are all mushes on this forum .

maybe all the drivers on this forum are just cab drivers who have been driving for the past 20 years of their lives and they spend more time in their cabs than in their homes with not a good quality of life and poor health.

i dunno why i even bother posting questions on this forum i might as well talk to a brick wall!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:36 pm 

Taxi1 12uk wrote:
hi there. i think on this forum majority of people do not know how to make it in the taxi game, i think they are all mushes on this forum .

maybe all the drivers on this forum are just cab drivers who have been driving for the past 20 years of their lives and they spend more time in their cabs than in their homes with not a good quality of life and poor health.

i dunno why i even bother posting questions on this forum i might as well talk to a brick wall!

:shock: :shock: :-#

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:39 pm 

Taxi1 12uk wrote:

You just want it all and you want it the easy way, with us providing all the solutions for you.
Hot news: If you want a nice 9 -5 earner with little effort involved, you picked the wrong game.
But if you think there is a 10 minute route to a fortune, go for it.
The rest of us mugs and thick bits will watch with interest how you do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:04 pm 

its easy to set up your own. just buy a name and hosting package. most hostings come with simple software to design and change it yourself..... i have a online booking form that goes straight to my blackberry and i can give prices or take bookings while im parked on the rank. adding to the site is easy just like DTP but instead of printing you are sending it to the web...............

try 1&1 or fasthosts costs about £5 or £8 a year for name and £1 a week for hosting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:13 pm 

A new apprentice for Alan Sugar... you're fired :lol:
The rule is simple.... the people that succeed never have to ask..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:02 am 

I get loads of bookings by text, tried the internet and only get a couple by email a month, but people love to text.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:13 am 

We get a lot of internet bookings, but you have to make sure you do your SEO right to get the click through needed to justify the outlay.

Don't expect to get a web site and the bookings to just pour in. You have to promote the web site and your new business then you'll see your 9 to 5 job will be the myth it really is! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:26 am 

Quote:
i dunno why i even bother posting questions on this forum i might as well talk to a brick wall

What a nice attitude to have are you this scathing with your customers?
You asked for some advice just coz the answers don't fit to what you want to hear don't blame the responders . Now go ask your brick wall :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:42 pm 

taxi1 12uk can I ask you something? Does the fact you joined this forum on 1st April have any significance? What else would explain your constant asking of advice and such, only to throw it back at the people good enough to reply. It's getting tiresome to a relative newbie, such as myself. What it's doing to the long term contributors I shudder to think.

If you are genuinely hoping to go into business as a boss, then remember the guys you want to work for you have to respect you. So far any respect for your ambition to self determine your working life you may have gleaned from me went walkabout when you posted this.........

Quote:

I reckon even the brick wall would tire of you very quickly. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:51 pm 

Looks like we have new driver on here who's been layed off work and thinks I know ill go and play taxi driver.let see how long he lasts