Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:05 pm 
Our council has decided in its wisdom of course that the Fiat Ulysse is not capable of carrying 7 passengers. After lots of arguements they finally said that if I know of any other councils using the same vehicle, let them know and it may change thier mind. Is anyone out there who knows of any.
Email me as well on davetaxis@aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:40 pm 
davetaxis wrote:
Our council has decided in its wisdom of course that the Fiat Ulysse is not capable of carrying 7 passengers. After lots of arguements they finally said that if I know of any other councils using the same vehicle, let them know and it may change thier mind. Is anyone out there who knows of any.

I think they could be right, LTI will not carry 7 either, metrocab wont carry 7, what vehicles do they have for gods sake?

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:03 pm 

davetaxis wrote:

Dave, I take it Fiat can't point you in the right direction?

Because surely they must have sold some to someone, or are you being used as the guinea pig?

I wonder how many they can get into the blue bum ones in London?

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:27 am 
Alex wrote:
davetaxis wrote:

Dave, I take it Fiat can't point you in the right direction?

Because surely they must have sold some to someone, or are you being used as the guinea pig?

I wonder how many they can get into the blue bum ones in London?

Alex

six alex six

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:30 am 
davetaxis wrote:

DAVE, I think our council (Fife Council) does them for 7 for the old stlye Ullyses but im not sure about the new one.

It depends on the back seat layout but if its as broad as the minimum for a saloon then you can get three on it. Someone said that some of the Ullyes had the captains seats at the back so you only got two so you could only get six seats, like the Galaxy but others have just the bench so it would make the width for three bums (13o cm's I think).

It depends on each vehicle but the Chrisler Voyager doen'snt even get six because there as a gap between the two middle seats and the three are supposed to go to the back to make up the six, but the back bench is narrower than the 130 so only gets two bums, so total seating only five despite being a huge vehicle, but thats the price for having a walk thru gap between the middle two seats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:05 am 
Its already started hasnt it just,
council rules to prevent taxis a must,
in Fife , the taxi owners are in heaven,
as the council decides thier cabs must seat seven.

many councils have this debacle,
where the cab must have 28foot turning circle,
then there are councils insisting on livery
ingnore this is great bravery,

then theres more councils bringing in test
to cut down on competition from the rest.
in our manor its clear
the thinking was done over a beer.

english is not demanded of a driver.
so how can he recieve instruction from the hirer
knowledge test has be voted down
so we display our driving skills or drown.

We face many changes I told our man.
just wait and see dont talk up or fan,
next year will be like this,
I do hope not it aint been bliss.

so here I wait to see what others do.
some daft rules make me blue
if we can comply with government intent
wont a ullasis be heaven sent?

Paddington Bill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:05 pm 

What does it say in your bylaws as regards to what you need to licence as a hackney ? if u dont have a copy get one from your council.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:58 am 

davetaxis wrote:

Perth & Kinross Def Accept the Usless but dear knows why