Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Accountancy Online?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:37 pm 

Hi

I am currently in the process of setting up an online taxi accounts book, which will allow the user to have a snapshot of his income and expenses throughout the year and also calculate their tax and national insurance as they go along. There will also be a calculator for capital allowances (if you own your own car)

If this goes ahead it could mean the end of the annual trip to the accountants as everything can be done online.

I just wondered if any of you would be interested in something like this or would like to see anything else added to make life easier when it comes to accounts etc.

Let me know

cheers

Post subject: Re: Accountancy Online?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:52 pm 

2 words. Self assessment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:58 pm 

There are those people who prefer to use self assessment and I would advise to use self assessment and there are others who prefer to have someone else prepare their accounts and tax returns etc. There are benefits and failures of self assessment

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:01 pm 

Derek wrote:
Hi

I am currently in the process of setting up an online taxi accounts book, which will allow the user to have a snapshot of his income and expenses throughout the year and also calculate their tax and national insurance as they go along. There will also be a calculator for capital allowances (if you own your own car)

If this goes ahead it could mean the end of the annual trip to the accountants as everything can be done online.

I just wondered if any of you would be interested in something like this or would like to see anything else added to make life easier when it comes to accounts etc.

Let me know

cheers

Yes..some method of showing ongoing average fuel MPG and fuel and vehicle running costs as well as by month and up to the minute profit/loss snapshot after you've taken any drawings and a rough profit/loss forecast as to how things may go in 3 months, 6 months time or longer.

Another problem for we that use accountants is knowing exactly where to carry on from where they left off: eg what have they all claimed for that you might inadvertently claim for again or miss out on claiming for thinking your accountant had already done so.

Don't ask much do we.. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:07 pm 

If im doing this then I want to make it as informative as possible. The fuel and mileage etc is all down to the driver but there can be sections that would allow you to enter your mileage for the week and also the fuel used, so long as its only the fuel used for business purposes which is easy enough in principal.

There would be a page where you can click on to see the current turnover and expenses and also see what tax is payable.

As for business expenses etc again there would be a comparison of what your expenses are from one year to the next

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:51 pm 

Oh..and it must be as cheap as chips, indeed cheaper than chips as I paid £2.70 for a medium size portion of Chipped Potato and grease coronary chunks at our local chippy tonight and can't see why I should sponsor my own early demise at those kind of prices.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:23 pm 

I'm always amazed how many drivers use accountants.

My self assessment take minutes, and I calculate what I take/spend on a daily basis.

Then add it up at the end of the month, then the end of the year.

Take a nought off and file on-line. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:03 am 

You can buy a fully designed package here from a qualified accountant for a little more than £10 per year, and as you fill in your income and expenses throughout the year it calculates how much tax you will have to pay or keep aside and also it fills in your tax return for you at the same time!

here is the link http://easybookkeepingspreadsheets.com/ ... readsheets

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:32 am 

Derek wrote:
Hi

Let me know

cheers

I've been in the game nearly 26 years and I've never used an accountant. I've got a nice little programme made up by my own fair hands which calculates profit and loss at the end of the tax year.

Do you want a copy?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:50 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
Derek wrote:
Hi

Let me know

cheers

I've been in the game nearly 26 years and I've never used an accountant. I've got a nice little programme made up by my own fair hands which calculates profit and loss at the end of the tax year.

Do you want a copy?

1 for them 2 for me 2 for them 4 for me :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:54 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
Derek wrote:
Hi

Let me know

cheers

Do you want a copy?

1 for them 2 for me 2 for them 4 for me :lol: :lol:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 pm 

accounts?

tax?

WTF