Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:25 pm 

Signed up for one of those credit score checking sites (similar to Experian, Equifax etc.) I've noticed there's a load of mentions of searches being done relating to insurance, mostly by Aviva.

Obviously it's because every time I ask a brokers for taxi insurance they do a credit search because I pay in monthly instalments, but because I ask lots of brokers for quotes and they in turn ask lots of insurers it means there's about 40 general insurance searches on my credit file for the last two months alone. Does this affect my credit rating at all because lots of searches are being done for credit ? I know if you make lots of loan applications they can affect your score, even if it's just an enquiry.

On a side note the site I signed up with is noddle.co.uk , completely free of charge forever and allows you to check your credit rating, any searches made and your credit history. Takes two minutes to sign up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:32 pm 

sasha wrote:
Signed up for one of those credit score checking sites (similar to Experian, Equifax etc.) I've noticed there's a load of mentions of searches being done relating to insurance, mostly by Aviva.

Obviously it's because every time I ask a brokers for taxi insurance they do a credit search because I pay in monthly instalments, but because I ask lots of brokers for quotes and they in turn ask lots of insurers it means there's about 40 general insurance searches on my credit file for the last two months alone. Does this affect my credit rating at all because lots of searches are being done for credit ? I know if you make lots of loan applications they can affect your score, even if it's just an enquiry.

On a side note the site I signed up with is noddle.co.uk , completely free of charge forever and allows you to check your credit rating, any searches made and your credit history. Takes two minutes to sign up.

I tried to sign up to Noddle twice but each time it came back saying that they couldn't verify my identity. I have lived in the same house for the past 20 odd years and I have always been on the electoral register.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:48 am 

Just signed up with Noddle. My credit history is 4/5!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:38 am 

sasha wrote:

Every search on your credit file leaves a footprint and diminishes your chances of getting credit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:57 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
sasha wrote:

Every search on your credit file leaves a footprint and diminishes your chances of getting credit.

I think these companies base their findings on little more than guess work, I have never defaulted on a loan in my life, nor have I ever walked away from from an HP agreement always settled them, Never missed a Mortgage payment nor left any bill Unpaid or overdue..and yet Noddle has as given me a rating of only 3/5..hows that then?

How can anyone assess your risk unless they know how much you may wish to borrow? Im sue my Risk factor would go up the more I wanted to borrow.

I still seem to get Credit with relative ease.

It's a concern that such Companies know so much about you and can in part control your financial destiny. :?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:17 am 

bloodnock wrote:
and yet Noodle has as given me a rating of only 3/5..hows that then?

I suspect being self employed doesn't help, but I have a feeling Noodle gives a low number to get folks to sign up to their 'get a higher number' scheme. [-(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:55 am 

bloodnock wrote:

There is your problem. You signed up to the wrong site. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:05 am 

grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

There is your problem. You signed up to the wrong site. :mrgreen:

I was waiting to see who would spot my deliberate mistake first..the Coconuts on It's way #-o

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:41 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
wow thats the first time anyone on TDO has won a prize for posting !!!

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm 

could be worse...but not much...lol

its showing defaults that it shouldnt as theyve all been wiped and/or settled hence my score looks like Englands in a world cup game against a real team....ooops

YET, ive gotten insurance finance and a credit card and was accepted for car finance (which i didnt take up)