Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:42 pm 

So I got myself a Skoda Superb 62 plate 1.6 greenline 2.

Before I go and attempt to get insurance. I left my 5 years NCD at the co op and didnt bother to continue my policy as sold the car before becoming a PH driver.

I have held my badge since beginning of Jan as most of you are already aware.

So will them weeks of paying a whopping £70 a week insurance to my renter be able to be used as help in my starting a years policy?

I do know that if I was renting for a year that I could get my insurance over 9 months with a deposit for the equivalent of £42 a week.

But this is only if I have rented for the whole year. Anyone got any ideas before I start hitting the telephone tomorrow?

I will be pretty darn happy if I can get a quote ALL in for less than £2600.

5 guys up here all have insurance (seen the prices and the payments) so not fibbing, at less than £43 a week after one year renting and paying fleet for insurance.

This car will save me the best part of £30-£35 a week in fuel and if I can get my insurance down to what I hope I can. Then my total weekly outlay will drop by £55 a week.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:56 pm 

westgatelad wrote:
So I got myself a Skoda Superb 62 plate 1.6 greenline 2.

Before I go and attempt to get insurance. I left my 5 years NCD at the co op and didnt bother to continue my policy as sold the car before becoming a PH driver.

I have held my badge since beginning of Jan as most of you are already aware.

So will them weeks of paying a whopping £70 a week insurance to my renter be able to be used as help in my starting a years policy?

I do know that if I was renting for a year that I could get my insurance over 9 months with a deposit for the equivalent of £42 a week.

But this is only if I have rented for the whole year. Anyone got any ideas before I start hitting the telephone tomorrow?

I will be pretty darn happy if I can get a quote ALL in for less than £2600.

5 guys up here all have insurance (seen the prices and the payments) so not fibbing, at less than £43 a week after one year renting and paying fleet for insurance.

This car will save me the best part of £30-£35 a week in fuel and if I can get my insurance down to what I hope I can. Then my total weekly outlay will drop by £55 a week.

ohn Paton (Insurance Services) Limited

T: 0151 538 1313

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:44 pm 

Where are you from?

I pay 70 a week insurance now for weekly insurance! i get 1 years no claims in about 2 months, i had cheapest quote of of 3k when i first started with about 400/500 pound interest so just went with weekly insurance in the end as there wasn't much in it.

I have had a new quote now with one years no claims to see how much it would cost and as a starting point it was £2200... so ring around.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:33 pm 

Cheers Mr T. Will give them a shout.

Newcastle Matty.

Yeah £2200 is my expected max price as soon as my year is up. over nine months with deposit.

Then eventually it will be better yearly until it is at a decent rate of about £25 a week.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:00 pm 

Unless you've had a hire and reward policy in your own name (being a named driver doesn't count) you have accrued no NCD.

Try Cabshield they give a 1 years NCD on all new policies, and were by far the cheapest when I first started.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:47 pm 

The trade insurance I use is the same one all the other drivers used for the 43 quid a week after the first year.

Not named. Just as an (any driver) policy.

I rang quite a few today and dont hold much hope before a year is up on getting much less than 70 a week.

But saving money weekly with the motor fuel costs so there is that.