Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:03 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
One of my drivers had a minor prang in the 8 seater a bit of a dent in the door and back wing. His fault so insurance passed details onto their approved repairers who would manage the repairs after 4 weeks they finally contacted us and asked for photos another week till repairs approved they said they needed vehicle for 6 working days but we had a ton of work in so agreed the 24th August which was a lighter week work wise but vehicle due plate test the following wednesday and would give them time to get any panels etc in. Phoned on the friday to check it would be ready repairs not started a replacement door hadn't arrived and was stuck on a lorry in calais vehicle by now out of plate and couldn't road tax as mot not valid long enough 2 weeks later the door was still stuck in calais !!!!!! really

Finally got the vehicle back yesterday and now have to get it tested mot'd which is monday or tuesday now and hope the council will give me some grace on the age rules as vehicle now 7 years old and the rule is that if not plated before due date has to be treated as new plating :cry:

They are aware of the situation but insurance claims they are investigating but are blaming the repairers the repairers are blaming VW whats the betting it will be a total cover up and yours truly will be offered no compensation

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:21 am 

edders23 wrote:
One of my drivers had a minor prang in the 8 seater a bit of a dent in the door and back wing. His fault so insurance passed details onto their approved repairers who would manage the repairs after 4 weeks they finally contacted us and asked for photos another week till repairs approved they said they needed vehicle for 6 working days but we had a ton of work in so agreed the 24th August which was a lighter week work wise but vehicle due plate test the following wednesday and would give them time to get any panels etc in. Phoned on the friday to check it would be ready repairs not started a replacement door hadn't arrived and was stuck on a lorry in calais vehicle by now out of plate and couldn't road tax as mot not valid long enough 2 weeks later the door was still stuck in calais !!!!!! really

Finally got the vehicle back yesterday and now have to get it tested mot'd which is monday or tuesday now and hope the council will give me some grace on the age rules as vehicle now 7 years old and the rule is that if not plated before due date has to be treated as new plating :cry:

They are aware of the situation but insurance claims they are investigating but are blaming the repairers the repairers are blaming VW whats the betting it will be a total cover up and yours truly will be offered no compensation

Compensation! :lol: :lol: :lol: You are having a laugh. I will never go to the insurance approved repairer again. We had a car off the road for 7 weeks last year waiting for a repair to be carried out after a non fault collision. A similar collision happened to another of our vehicle a few weeks ago. It took a week to get the work authorised and then a day and a half to get the vehicle back fully repaired using a local chap.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:21 pm 

I normally do take it to people locally but on this occasion they were too busy so took the risk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:05 am 

Finally got it back but authorised MOT testing station to carry out any repairs they have run me up a £1900 bill and the council has now said they can't allow me to replate it as it breaks the age rules as it now has to be treated as a new plating because I didn't tell them about repairs needed which i didn't know about as clutch gearbox etc was working fine albeit a little noisy before it went in

been offered £2000 part ex :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:42 pm 

Each application on it's merits. they can't impose a blanket age policy.
What year is it?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:06 pm 

May I refer you to EXETER CITY COUNCIL v SANDLE [2011] the judge is clearly saying that it can be licensed after the date.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:02 pm 

Sefton will licence after expiry.....as long as you tell them what is going on...usually you make your application before end of your old licence.so that it is in the system.......if you are having problems....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:40 pm 

mancityfan wrote:
May I refer you to EXETER CITY COUNCIL v SANDLE [2011] the judge is clearly saying that it can be licensed after the date.

But not long after.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:46 pm 

Sussex wrote:
mancityfan wrote:

But not long after.

I don't know the case name but a similar case was taken against SKDC by a Grantham driver and the council won this was in 2014

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:47 pm 

MR T wrote:
Sefton will licence after expiry.....as long as you tell them what is going on...usually you make your application before end of your old licence.so that it is in the system.......if you are having problems....

Our council will not accept an application WITHOUT a compliance test pass certificate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:32 pm 

edders23 wrote:
MR T wrote:

Our council will not accept an application WITHOUT a compliance test pass certificate

You need a good Taxi rep.. :D