Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

Settle car providers
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32240
Page 1 of 1

Author:  nick_noal [ Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Settle car providers

Just wondering if there are any members who provide settle cars to private hire drivers?

On the face of it, it seems like a viable source of income for someone willing to take the risk of buying a car they aren’t going to use as a taxi themselves and "rent" it out on a regular basis.

Would anyone who operates in this area of business agree?

Are there any members who have attempted this kind of business before and what are your thoughts on the prospect?

thanks!

Author:  Sussex [ Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Settle car providers

nick_noal wrote:
Just wondering if there are any members who provide settle cars to private hire drivers?

On the face of it, it seems like a viable source of income for someone willing to take the risk of buying a car they aren’t going to use as a taxi themselves and "rent" it out on a regular basis.

Can be a good business, but dealing with taxi/PH drivers will cause you an early grave.

Author:  nick_noal [ Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Settle car providers

Sussex wrote:
nick_noal wrote:
Just wondering if there are any members who provide settle cars to private hire drivers?

On the face of it, it seems like a viable source of income for someone willing to take the risk of buying a car they aren’t going to use as a taxi themselves and "rent" it out on a regular basis.

Can be a good business, but dealing with taxi/PH drivers will cause you an early grave.


Thanks, have you had any experience of it yourself?

Author:  Sussex [ Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Settle car providers

nick_noal wrote:
Thanks, have you had any experience of it yourself?

In a minor way, but Mr T on here might give you some advice if you PM and wake him from his afternoon nap.

Author:  Nidge2 [ Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Settle car providers

Sussex wrote:
Can be a good business, but dealing with taxi/PH drivers will cause you an early grave.


I'll echo what Suss says, chasing them for money, keeping top side of the cars, hoping they don't prang it. Order your wooden overcoat early because you'll need it. 8) 8) 8)

Author:  nick_noal [ Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Settle car providers

Thanks, maybe I'll heed the warning!

I've just been thinking that if you can rent a settle car out for around £165pw (£8,500pa), you'd be looking at a relatively tidy profit even when you factor in costs of depreciation, insurance, servicing and repairs etc.

Could be like most investment though; if it seems too good to be true it probably is!

Author:  grandad [ Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Settle car providers

nick_noal wrote:
Thanks, maybe I'll heed the warning!

I've just been thinking that if you can rent a settle car out for around £165pw (£8,500pa), you'd be looking at a relatively tidy profit even when you factor in costs of depreciation, insurance, servicing and repairs etc.

Could be like most investment though; if it seems too good to be true it probably is!

I used to have a boss and one of the things he used to tell us regulaly was if running a business, any business was easy, everyone would be doing it. It is still true. It sounds easy enough but there will always be pitfalls.

Author:  Coopers [ Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Settle car providers

£165 is barely enough to make any profit,let alone a tidy profit.And getting it on time or at all is nigh on impossible.

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Settle car providers

Pay me £5000 upfront and £100/week and you can have my Superb

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/