Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:16 pm 

Does anyone know of an insurer or broker who provides an insurance scheme whereby a taxi office can "administer" an insurance scheme for all its owner drivers, allowing them to payfor weekly taxi insurance?

I saw some schemes like this about 10 years ago but they seem non-existent now?

I am not referring to a standard fleet policy where the taxi office pays the annual premium and charges drivers on a weekly basis but a scheme that allows for actual weekly ot monthly cover, arranged through the taxi office.

Any help greatly appreciated thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:00 pm 

graeme731 wrote:
Does anyone know of an insurer or broker who provides an insurance scheme whereby a taxi office can "administer" an insurance scheme for all its owner drivers, allowing them to payfor weekly taxi insurance?

I'm pretty certain many do, try the links page on here or Private Hire Monthly magazine.

If I remember rightly a certain union was promoting a firm in the North East that did something like that.

But my mind has gone blank. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:15 pm 

graeme731 wrote:

I saw some schemes like this about 10 years ago but they seem non-existent now?

I am not referring to a standard fleet policy where the taxi office pays the annual premium and charges drivers on a weekly basis but a scheme that allows for actual weekly ot monthly cover, arranged through the taxi office.

Any help greatly appreciated thanks

Yes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:23 pm 

Thank you for the advice, I will remove it, you might need to do the same. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:02 pm 

MR T wrote:
Collingwood Insurance Company Limited...0845..3700.008..
That is their claims telephone number, if you cannot get the correct one from that you want shooting. weekly policies third party fire and theft or Fully Comprehensive..... :wink:

Totally illegal now for anyone to sell or give advice on insurance matters without being FSA registered - but hey ho never mind eh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:18 pm 

:roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:03 pm 

Thanks for replies guys. Collingwood was the only company I was already aware of but thats an insurance company selling individual weekly policies to individuals.
The comment re. FSA is correct (though we are in the proces of getting FSA registered for seperate reasons)- but we do not sish to advise / sell insurance - we merely want 1 insurance policy whereby the taxi company has the ability to administer that policy on a non-profit making basis (adding cars, drivers, collecting weekly premium from drivers etc). We have now found such a policy with Compucar but would still be interested if anything similar exists.
Thanks again for replies, its appreciated.