Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: new car.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:04 am 

skippy41 wrote:
Been having a look at the Prius plus, loads of room, individual centre row of seats, and 2 extra in the back if you need them, 1.8 engine with 134 bhp
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701040983873?advertising-location=at_cars&model=PRIUS%2B&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&sort=price-asc&postcode=td12ly&make=TOYOTA&radius=1500&page=5

Skippys gone full retard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:05 pm 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... t-chrysler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:04 pm 

We have just been to pick up the Dacia. Meter install and Council test on Tuesday, graphics on Wednesday. With a fair wind we could have it on the road by next Friday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:40 pm 

grandad wrote:
We have just been to pick up the Dacia. Meter install and Council test on Tuesday, graphics on Wednesday. With a fair wind we could have it on the road by next Friday.

I took the paperwork into the Council on Tuesday. Just had an email to say that the plates wont be ready today. When I rang on Wednesday I was told that the paperwork had not been received by the licensing department. It seems that it takes at least 24 hours plus to get from the reception area to the first floor., less than a 2 minute walk.
I am convinced that the way in which licenses are processed is deliberately slow just to preserve jobs. The whole thing should be done online now and take a few minutes but no, the paperwork is filled in manually and then all the paperwork is scanned into the computer, why? If you want documents to be kept on a computer why not have them filled out on a computer and sent electronically. I suppose that would be to quick though. Why do they have to take a photo copy of all 4 pages of the V5 Registration document when all the details are on page 2. Instead of photo copying the damn thing and then scanning it in, if they need to have it scanned in, why not do this in the first place.
I remember one of the Councillors saying when they were increasing the fees last year that they need to run the department like a business. Well I have news for him, if any business were as wasteful as this they would go out of business.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:53 pm 

When I worked for the council everything we entered into the computer was backed up daily onto one server, then there was a second backup to a different server in case the first got corrupted, then a third backup onto hard disk that would get stored indefinately.

Also any documents that had been produced on computer were printed out in triplicate, one for reference in case the computers went down, the second for filing and the third for long term archiving. Of course whenever anyone wanted to see the documents instead of just logging in they would contact the person responsible who would print out yet another copy and send them via the internal mail ! :roll: #-o

Then we introduced networked printers, if someone wanted a document I could send it to be printed out in the office the other person worked rather than printing and sending via internal mail. Oh the joy when it got sent to EVERY printer on the network by mistake ! :badgrin:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 am 

sasha wrote:
When I worked for the council everything we entered into the computer was backed up daily onto one server, then there was a second backup to a different server in case the first got corrupted, then a third backup onto hard disk that would get stored indefinately.

Also any documents that had been produced on computer were printed out in triplicate, one for reference in case the computers went down, the second for filing and the third for long term archiving. Of course whenever anyone wanted to see the documents instead of just logging in they would contact the person responsible who would print out yet another copy and send them via the internal mail ! :roll: #-o

Then we introduced networked printers, if someone wanted a document I could send it to be printed out in the office the other person worked rather than printing and sending via internal mail. Oh the joy when it got sent to EVERY printer on the network by mistake ! :badgrin:

I started work at a HGV trailer builders in the parts dept and a new computer system had just been installed, the old system with printer was in a big office upstairs, me having the place to open just for me to man the parts dept on a saturday had a nose round and being me i started up the old system.... tapped a few keys and it started to print out the whole stock records.... 20,000 lines and sales over 5 years............ ooops, pull the 240v plugs out fast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:15 am 

BTW, our LA state they DONT keep copies of documents so every year its a fresh set of forms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:21 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
BTW, our LA state they DONT keep copies of documents so every year its a fresh set of forms

If only someone could invent a machine that could store thousands of documents electronically inside of it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:59 pm 

Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

If only someone could invent a machine that could store thousands of documents electronically inside of it.

Like a library?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:34 pm 

Has it broken yet?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:18 pm 

Southport PH wrote:
Has it broken yet?

No, It is doing fine. It has done 3,700 miles now. The fuel consumption is not as good as we expected yet at 50 MPG. Our Toyota Auris diesel has done 21.000 and has a similar MPG. The Toyota Prius has done just over 20,000 and is returning 65.6 MPG

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:47 am 

grandad wrote:
Southport PH wrote:
Has it broken yet?

No, It is doing fine. It has done 3,700 miles now. The fuel consumption is not as good as we expected yet at 50 MPG. Our Toyota Auris diesel has done 21.000 and has a similar MPG. The Toyota Prius has done just over 20,000 and is returning 65.6 MPG

Have a guess what this car (mine) returned over the 216 miles..

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:18 am 

A tough guess to make.........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:04 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
A tough guess to make.........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

58mpg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:01 pm 

worldwidechauffeur wrote:
Great service, and easy to book. The driver was early and reached my final destination (airport) well in advance of expectations making my journey to the airport stress free! Would use this service again!
they do have new and luxury cars Visit Now : :arrow: http://worldwidechauffeurdrive.com

How long do you expect to be on this forum?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:30 pm 

grandad wrote:
worldwidechauffeur wrote:
Great service, and easy to book. The driver was early and reached my final destination (airport) well in advance of expectations making my journey to the airport stress free! Would use this service again!
they do have new and luxury cars Visit Now : :arrow: http://worldwidechauffeurdrive.com

How long do you expect to be on this forum?
Not long, can't be that good a company if they're despaerate enough to spam a forum full of people who run businesses doing exactly what they advertise !

Bottom right of each post, small red !, press and report post.